Pink Note at Chennai Consulate , case number issues

srican

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

My dad recieved a pink note and has had to respond to a set of detailed questions by email - he now is awaiting the judgment on his case online -- He noticed a number next to his case number - he assumed that it was the number of passorts tied to the case number until his own case number came up. To his surprise, it was 1 instead of 2 that he was expecting to see as my mom applied along with him. He now feels that he should have sent a separate email response for my mom.. He is uncertain about the next steps which is why I am posting our situation here...

In summary, What does the number next to the case number in the case status page at the chennai consulate indicate? Secondly , does each person in a case have to respond separately by Email.

I would appreciate if someone can throw some light on this..

Thanks in advance.
Srikanth

:confused: Dear Srican,

To the best of my knowledge the no next to the case no is number of visas for that case no. Did u call the consulate to find out ?

when did ur parents go to the interview, i mean what date ? What did they mention in the email ? Would u pls share. In fact, my parents went for the interview and they gave my mom the visa and my dad's status is showing as "Pending Process" on chennai consulate's web site. They say it takes indefinate time and arent giving a time frame when to expect any resolution. I'm concerned. We havent received any email from the consulate either.

Look forward to hear form you.

Regards,
Nyorker

to me it seems that it might be number of visas with that case number
your dad's being the first and mom's 2
like 1 of 2 and 2 of 2

srican said:
Dear All,

My dad recieved a pink note and has had to respond to a set of detailed questions by email - he now is awaiting the judgment on his case online -- He noticed a number next to his case number - he assumed that it was the number of passorts tied to the case number until his own case number came up. To his surprise, it was 1 instead of 2 that he was expecting to see as my mom applied along with him. He now feels that he should have sent a separate email response for my mom.. He is uncertain about the next steps which is why I am posting our situation here...

In summary, What does the number next to the case number in the case status page at the chennai consulate indicate? Secondly , does each person in a case have to respond separately by Email.

I would appreciate if someone can throw some light on this..

Thanks in advance.
Srikanth

Pink slip response

My dad replied to the questions in the pink note .. mostly about his research and potential applications of research etc .. He had his interview on the 15th of June .. when did your parents have their interview ?

Hi Srican,

Thank u for ur reply, it's good to get a response.

I think waiitn_toolong might be right about the case no.

My folks went to the interview on Jan 31, 2006. Yup, it's been 5 months now, i cnat belive how frustrating this whole process is.

Do they send this email to all applicants with pending status or only few ? Did they give an estimate date of response.

Looking forward to hear from you.

expected dates

They told them that it will take 4 weeks to process the response. Now it seems more like a lower bound for the actual time.. maybe we need to approach our congressmen -- its the election year and consequently a good time to get things moving.

I was contemplating on writing to the Senator myself. In one of the forums somewhere i read to write to the senator rather than congressman. I forget what precisely was th reason.

Back to the consualte concern. I think they give a generic time frame of 4 weeks to everyone, b'coz that exactly what they told us the first few times, then after 4 weeks when my dad called this time an american lady picked up the phone and said "whoever told u it will take 4 mts is wrong, sir, the min time we take is 8 weeks" she spoke rather politely, my dad told me.

But since u received the email from them i think it'll be sooner than 4 weeks.

Please update the status if u dont mind. Looking forward to hear from you.

thank you...

more on the case number..

guys,

I did a bit of poking around regarding the trailing digit... if the 1 of n , 2 of n ...theory was right then sorting on the case number ( with a secondary sort on the trailing digit ) would have produced a sequnce of 1...n for each case number

I imported the data into excel ( file attached ) and did just that - i found that for certain cases ( item 616 & 617 ) the digits are 2 and 5 - not sure what to make of it.

waiting_toolong could still be right -- but I would love to get some confirmation on that.

nyorker, I am guessing that you stay in New york ... I think contacting a senator will be helpful for pending cases as they can targeted easily rather than fast moving rejections as you are pushed to end on line...

I was planning to contact Rep. Rothman as he has a readymade form on his website for help on immigration matters ... Maybe I should contact Sen. Menendez ( who is also due for re-election) from NJ.

I will let you know if anything comes up.

That's interesting, Srican...

I'll probably do as u suggested, and contact the senator. It'll be good to know if anyone has any more input on the numbering process.

I wonder how long will the consulate take to contact the applicant after getting all the Security clearance from Dept. Of State.

Contacted Senators Office

I called up my senator's office - The operator directed me to a lady who handles immigration ( imagine that !!) .. she asked me to fax all my paperwork and promised to take a look ...

I ve done that .. so lets see what happens next?

srican said:
I called up my senator's office - The operator directed me to a lady who handles immigration ( imagine that !!) .. she asked me to fax all my paperwork and promised to take a look ...

I ve done that .. so lets see what happens next?

What papers do you have to fax, Srican ?