PIN number for PERM - help!

shilpa-2005

My company is waiting for clear guidance on obtaining a PIN number before they can apply for PERM for many of us. I see in the forum that some folks have applied or are ready to apply.

Please shed some light on this topic of PIN # if you can. It will help.. as always.

Thanks

This is what I got from PLC:

Thank you for submitting your question or comment about the new PERM
system. We are currently in the process of reviewing your registration
information. Please keep in mind that this is not an instantaneous
process, and therefore, it will take some time to verify employer
existence. It is not necessary to register multiple times if you have
not received a response as this will create additional workload that may
delay the process. As part of the verification process, we may
request additional information or if no additional information is
needed, we will send you the proper pin and authorization to access your
account. We ask that you be patient through this process of verifying
employer existence.

And then a new BEC started

This is funny and leads to the creation of another BEC.

leah said:
This is what I got from PLC:

Thank you for submitting your question or comment about the new PERM
system. We are currently in the process of reviewing your registration
information. Please keep in mind that this is not an instantaneous
process, and therefore, it will take some time to verify employer
existence. It is not necessary to register multiple times if you have
not received a response as this will create additional workload that may
delay the process. As part of the verification process, we may
request additional information or if no additional information is
needed, we will send you the proper pin and authorization to access your
account. We ask that you be patient through this process of verifying
employer existence.

I got the PIN in a second

My department chair filed the petetion on behalf of of me on March 28. The PIN was sent through email in a second after registration.

bulldoghu said:
My department chair filed the petetion on behalf of of me on March 28. The PIN was sent through email in a second after registration.

DOL has mastered the art of creating backlogs.
See what they did in just one month time!!!!.
I am sure no other administration in the world can replicate this level of efficiency.

xg121960 said:
My understand is that DOL will send you PIN # after your company registered. However, you need DOL password before you can register. So Which is taking months to get? Password or PIN?

The PIN. I tried on the 8th.

xg121960 said:
How long is going to take to receive password?

What I know is that you have to have a pin # first. They haven't send me a pin # yet, so I don't know how long is going to take to receive password.

quetsion

bulldoghu,

Was it recently?
Today or yesterday?
Or you registered on March 28th or very soon after that?

Thanks

xg121960 said:
Bulldoghu,

Please help others to understand the precedure:

This is What I copied from DOL PERM site exactly word by word

"The Username must be 8-15 characters long. Username cannot contain special characters or spaces.

We will provide you with a unique password which we will send to the email address you have provided. You will be asked to change the password the first time that you login with the login ID you selected. Once you have successfully registered and logged in, we will send you an email with a Personal Identification Number (PIN). This combination of login ID, password, and PIN number will be the "key" to accessing the Permanent Online System."

It shows that there are two steps to get PIN
1) get password
2) then get PIN.

Based on the current information, DOL has created a queue of verifying registration and sending password recently. It is reported that it could have taken as long as three weeks. Och!!

here is my questions?
1) when did you apply for password? You can't receive both pwd or pin at same time. Right?
]1) what information you have to provide to register it second time once you received password?
2) Since my employer gets so many emails a day, what email address or any special characters should we are looking for in the email from DOL?? Thanks

I have a copy of what I did noline. It might be the information you are looking for. I will post it tomorrow.

PERM account: password and PIN

Actually for my case, the password and PIN were sent to my boss's email box at the same time on March 28. The initial password needs to be changed to new one which must contain a spectal charater (e.g. "&") and a number after you (actually your employer) log on the system for the first time. Then PIN is used when you create a certification application. If your employer hires an attoney, the PIN should be provided to him/her. Each time a new case is filed, the PIN is required.

Please ask your employer not to delete any emails from DOL. It may contain important information, such as PIN. But the emails for password and PIN look very similar (e.g. with same subjects) so it is very possible for a careless boss to delete the second email.

Below is a copy of my boss's email head information from DOL (sure I won't include the password and PIN here). You can see that both emails were sent at the same time. By the way, my position is tenure-track Assis. Prof. Many questions in the ETA form are not necessary to answer. But I am wondering why my case is still in "Pending Sponsorship" status although it has not been denied. Another thing, the form I printed out immediately after filing had some problems, definitely due to the problem of the system design. For example, the OMB number and expiration date of the form was not shown. And the petetioner's contact info, name and title were not displayed although they had been populated into the database. This week I found that all the system errors in the form has been corrected.

1. Password sent via this email:

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:22:33 -0500
>From: U.S. Dept of Labor Employment & Training Administration
>PLC.HELP@dol.gov
>Subject: Permanent Online System Account Creation Notification

2. PIN sent via this email:

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:22:33 -0500
>From: U.S. Dept of Labor Employment & Training Administration
>PLC.HELP@dol.gov
>Subject: Permanent Online System Account Creation Notification

PIN and password

It seems that the reminder information " You will get a PIn after you log on the system using the password sent" suggests a two-step process, first password, then PIN. But actually I got both simultaneously. Do not believe the reminder information, it may not be correct.

Pin

Once the DOL has established that your employer is legitimate and that the registration is correct, DOL will send your employer a PIN so you can track the application. Just be patient. I have no clue how long it takes, but I'm guessing that it should go pretty fast to fit into the spirit of PERM (fast and streamlined). Give it a few days.

BMENone said:
Leah:

Have you received the password for your account?
Thanks.

No, not yet. One thing I have to let everyone know " DO NOT GIVE A PERSONAL E-MAIL ADDRESS TO PLC FOR PIN AND PW". That might be the mistake I made.

Do you mean you used yahoo email or something like that?
Did they send you an email requesting more information?

BMENone said:
Do you mean you used yahoo email or something like that?
Did they send you an email requesting more information?

Yes. I used my yahoo email address. So far, they did not request for additional information yet.

xg121960

xg121960 said:
Eventually, there will be two big queues for DOL. Backlog reduction center and PERM. We all know that BRC had made LC processing completely stalled. The funny thing is DOL Dallas center stopped processing LC case about 1.5 years prior to BRC was created. They said that they have to train people how to handle the case. There were only a few cases processed in DOL region 5 (Dallas center) for the past 2.5 years. NOW, it seems that all they have to teach is how to put case number into the computer and send 45 days letter.

Only a month passed after PERM lanched, it is getting clogged. If DOL is taking 3+weeks just to verify registration and issuing PIN, so they will be buried in mountains of papers as nobody will be filing online. DOL has to data entry every forms you recevied. Since BEC took two years to put all cases in their computer, PERM could take several months to a year to precess a case. 45 -60 days will become a history even before it becomes a reality.

Hi xg121960,

Did you ever receive any kind of e-mail after submitting your application in the PERM system? I am guessing, you had already submitted your on-line application...

Thanks

PERM pin

My understanding is that the DOL is doing a company verification check to ensure that it's a legitimate organization. That means that some organizations such as government agencies, universities, and public schools are pretty easy to verify that they are legitimate so a pin and password can be issues very quickly. On the other hand, small start-up companies may be much harder to verify due to being relatively unknown and brand new, so the DOL needs more time to check them.