Picture - Urgent, please help

dodital

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

After 2 bad experiences, I had done the pics myself for 1st and 2nd EAD. Have no patience to do it 3rd time for EAD renewal.

Can anyone suggest a good photographer, experienced in taking INS style pics, in Stamford, CT area?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
you might go to Sears, they take good legal pictures. For us no problem. Just take a copy of the picture details from INS web site. this may help the photographer.

You should not take pictures yourself anyway.
I am not aware of CT area, but there are a lot of shops specially in the strip malls, where pictures for immigration can be taken. Some even display on their doors too.
The only way to know if that shop is genuine is when you step inside and you will see some samples on the front desk. Probably INS had instructed and specified the shop owners to display these samples on the front desk for a customer to be sure that this is what he/she is looking for.

Just Another Option

Sears definitely does Immigration Photos, went there twice.., though you may also try visiting post office buildings too, they're cheaper by a few dollars.

AAA does take immi. photos, you don't have to take the specifications. Just tell them that you need the photos for immigration purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend walgreens

First time I went to Sears. Pictures were good and they charged
me around $12.99 for 2 photos.
Later my friend recommended Walgreens and we are going there
since then and they only charge $6.99 /2 photos.
They have the instructions sheet and couple of times the lady who
took our photos used ruler to measure and make sure everything
is perfect.

Sept13

Potrait

I know someone who used to make potraits of the royal family of Bikaner, why dont you get a potrait done

If you have any INS office near to your place, better to have pictures taken from there.

You might see some moving (Van) Photographers, they are very good 100% sure that INS will not reject because they do only INS photos every day.

I usually go to that place and they are cheap too

File EAD online, save yourself from this picture issue. They'll take your picture at the ASC themselves :)

The problem with the "so called" low cost photos like Walgreens is that they are all digital and INS specifies polaroid ones. I got mine taken from Kinko's and they go fully by INS specifications.

THE BEST GUY IN TAKING PICTURES

IF YOU WANT IT TO BE FOOL PROOF AND IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO COME TO HARTFORD, DOWNTOWN:
THERE IS A OFFICIAL GUY IN INS OFFICE IN HARTFORD, WHO IS INSIDE INS OFFICE, AND TAKES THESE PICTURES. I DID IT FOR AND FOR MY WIFE ALMOST 3 TIMES AND NEVER WENT WRONG. HE HAD A SET UP FOR TAKING THESE KIND OF PICTURES. AND BY LOOKING THE PICTURES, HE CAN REALLY TELL IF THEY ARE RIGHT OR WRONG AND WILL TAKE ANOTHER ONES, IF HE FINDS ANYTHING WRONG.

Walgreens takes polaroid pictures

Originally posted by frantic
The problem with the "so called" low cost photos like Walgreens is that they are all digital and INS specifies polaroid ones. I got mine taken from Kinko's and they go fully by INS specifications.

Walgreens takes polaroid pictures and they go fully by specifications.
As I mentioned in my earlier post that lady even measured the
size of the head in the photo(I think it must be something like 1.25 inches).
Walgreens you have been may be different.
I know CVS does digital pictures and they give you full sheet with
16 passport photos for $7.99.These are good for other purposes
but not for immigration.

Sept13

These days we do not have to send pictures for EAd..They have new rules..If u send in all the papers except the photos they send u a letter with an appointment for pictures /fingerprints if needed..we just had the same expereince as we just renewed our 3rd EAD..have an appointment this Thursday for EAD...weird people weird rules??? what to do??just follow them

Thanks,
GC sep 10.

RD sep 10 2002

Thanks very much for all the information, this forum is incredible. We did get our pics taken. Here are complete details - started with Sears (exit 39 B mall off I-95) where the girl promptly took pics - in 2x2 size, with image twice the size what INS needs! (although over the phone she claimed to know all INS specs). Next stop was Ritz photo - no luck.

Then found this place in the mall called The Picture People. The guy uses a Mamiya medium format camera and takes incredible pics. Hopefully INS will accept the pics.

Pl advice:Ritz Camera Photo- 5 Cm X 5Cm

Today I got photographs done at Ritz Camera. The photographser there told that he knows about the photographs for Immi purpose.
I got the photos which are 50 mm X 50 mm and shows photograph upto chest while in the INS spcs it shows until neck. So I am not confident about these photos.
Please advice as I need to file 485 soon and I do not want RFE on photos.
Thanks

Re: Pl advice:Ritz Camera Photo- 5 Cm X 5Cm

Originally posted by sn99
Today I got photographs done at Ritz Camera. The photographser there told that he knows about the photographs for Immi purpose.
I got the photos which are 50 mm X 50 mm and shows photograph upto chest while in the INS spcs it shows until neck. So I am not confident about these photos.
Please advice as I need to file 485 soon and I do not want RFE on photos.
Thanks

I took photos from Picture People they INS did not like those pics they sent RFE "left eye is not visible ... please re-send pics." Then I went to CAMERA SHOP they took digital pics I sent them to INS I am waiting for approval:)..