• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Picture older than 6 months - disqualified?

Rezgh

I did the most stupid mistake ever - I used a photo that is more than 6 months old in my DV application. I still look the same (the pic is about 2 years old), but you can see that it's older than 6 months if you check the details/information of the file. Now, my questions are:

- Has anyone ever won with a older photo?
- Is there even a chance for me to get accepted in May, or will I be disqualified immidietly without any chances of being accepted? (It would almost be better to be disqualified immidietly instead of getting my hopes up if I win just to be disqualified later on...)

Kind regards from a person who hates herself for her huge mistake :-(

I did the most stupid mistake ever - I used a photo that is more than 6 months old in my DV application. I still look the same (the pic is about 2 years old), but you can see that it's older than 6 months if you check the details/information of the file. Now, my questions are:

- Is there even a chance for me to get accepted in May, or will I be disqualified immidietly without any chances of being accepted? (It would almost be better to be disqualified immidietly instead of getting my hopes up if I win just to be disqualified later on...)

I really would not worry about this: as your appearance on the photo is up-to-date, you will be just fine and have the opportunity to send updated photos on several occasions should you be selected for further processing. Good luck!

Thank you for your answer, Euro2014 (my anxiety is not on level 100 anymore, haha)! I really hope you are right.

I think it's ok, as long as you didn't use the same photo on another DV application from previous years ...

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I think they just say that as a requirement, just in case you've undergone some sort of major transformation in appearance within the past year.

Rezgh, relax... you have nothing to worry about. You are a 100% in the ok. The selection process is random and the picture is used only to verify that the selected applicant is the same one who is actually at the embassy in front of the immigration officer. So relax and get ready for that interview ;)

Yes it said the same thing for me. So I read the instructions and did what it said. And look - it worked. Amazing huh.

U've done it for me man : ) . Thank you so much . I was just a little bit confused with the instructions . I've just made my app.