picking up packet 4 in mumbai please read.

ramukhsotnas

Registered Users (C)
The counter opens at 8:30 and closes at 11:00. It is one public information counter for EVERYTHING! I stood in line for 2.5 hours for nothing yesterday. Go there REALLY early . I went at 5:30 today and was done by 9:00.

Medical at Breach candy can be done 24/7 according to the letter in packet 4. I will scan it in tomorroww if possible.

Ramukhsotnas! Question about P4 collection

My father is planning to go there to pick up the P4..Does he have to go to Raj Travels Tent and stand in line or can he go straight to the window and stand in line there.

No Title

Why does everyone have to go to pick up Pkt 4.
Has nt anyone got the Pkt at home ( indian address ) or does the consulate always scewr up in the mail ?

My P4 was

was picked up by my dad on 18th. Eventhough they have my Indian address and their records show that they have sent it to Indian address on 4th, I haven\'t received it at home.

So my dad had to go and pick it up.

waitnwatch

Did your father too had to stand in line for long? Did he have to go to Raj Travels Tent and stand in line or did he go straight to the window and stand in line there?

Everyone had to pick up Packet 4??

Does everyone have to pick up Packet4 from Mumbai Consulate?
Dont they sent to us to USA Address? Please give more information.

Based on my information only 10 to 15% people receive

packet4 at USA or Indian address. I don\'t know why?.
So we need to pickup from consulate itself.
An email /letter authorising someone to collect on yr behalf is enough.
always better to pickup the letter 2 weeks before as sometimes they
miss name of spouse or kids in the letter and then we hv to go again with Birth/marriage cert. to add their name.
My kids name were missing in original letter and went again to the window to add their names.

All they need is case number.

Email or letter is not required for picking up P4.
Hope this helps.
MJ1