Physical Therapist CA, work options?

rcodavali

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My wife is a Foreing Educated Physical Therapist she completed the NPTE,CLE for CA jurisdiction.
I guess now is in PTLA status w.r.t CAPTB.(meaning yet to receive PT license cert)
She is currently on H4 status w.r.t USCIS.

She received her Interim EAD valid from Aug 2004-Aug2005 based on our 140/485 applications.

However my 140 was denied is now pending in the AAO office on appeal.
(I will apply for my 7th yr H1-B which is expiring May 1 2005)

1. Can she still use her EAD to find a employer and then when the EAD is expiring she can apply for H1 and so on?.
2. If the answer is NO, then does she need a H1-B to work? does she need this VIsaScreening to apply/approved H1-B? (I guess the cap for 2005 is over??then what?)
3. Can she ask her potential employer to apply her 140/485/EAD immediately and wait for her EAD to start working?.

In other words please suggest all the options available for her to work and what we should do right now?.

Gurus I am looking for your expert comments.

thanks a lot

Hi,
she evaluated all her credentials through IERF to be qualified to write the CA PT license exam(which she passed), now does she need to do all this from scatch to FCCPT inorder to get the VisaScreening certificate. To apply for this VisaScreening does she need to physically get the CA PT license certificate.(I guess she will receive that license only if she completes some clinical training under approved facility)

Please confirm.

thanks a lot.

Hi rcodavali,
I already replied your question through private messages, please check! let me know if you didn't get it.

Hi.

Thank you very much for ur response, I did get ur private msg.

Again to confirm(others/chongyip please answer this),

- Is VisaScreening necessary to apply for H-1B for a physical therapist?

- To get VisaScreening cert. are there only two orgs. FCCPT and CGFNS?

- To get VisaScreening cert., Do we have to go through the same process of sending hte ranscripts from our school to FCCPT/CGFNS, I did this for IERF to qualify for NPTE(ti was a long process as the school is in india)

- To get VisaScreening cert. Does my wife need to first get the CA PT License in hand ( I mean the literal certificate from the board?)

thanks a lot guys...

Is VisaScreening necessary to apply for H-1B for a physical therapist?
Yes

- To get VisaScreening cert. are there only two orgs. FCCPT and CGFNS?
Yes

- To get VisaScreening cert., Do we have to go through the same process of sending hte ranscripts from our school to FCCPT/CGFNS, I did this for IERF to qualify for NPTE(ti was a long process as the school is in india)

Yes Please check fccpt and cgfns application forms for thier current requirements

- To get VisaScreening cert. Does my wife need to first get the CA PT License in hand ( I mean the literal certificate from the board?)

Dont think that is a requirment

you have to go thru thier application forms ( FCCPT , CGFNS ) they have put down all the requirements

All the best....

You don't need to get the actual license in order to apply visa screen. There is a form you need to send to CA board and they will verify your license and send it directly to CGFNS/FCCPT.

Don't use CGFNS, they are severely inefficient. Customer service are horribly poor. It took me 6 months to get my visa screen (I sent all the documents to them in a timely manner). However, my co-workers told me that it only takes FCCPT 2-3 weeks to issue the certificate.

I want a sponsor for my Sister in India for H1B. She is a Graduate in physical therapy. If anyone knows/interested to sponsor, please use private mail to communicate with me.