Physical temporary GC card

2001dec

Registered Users (C)
I have heard of passport being stamped as a temporary GC. What I got today was a physical temporary GC card ( paper like I-94 ).
Also wanted to check the papers that are to be submitted. They took the I-94, Approval notice (original), EAD and the photos (3- one was used for temporary GC card ). The AP papers weren't taken.

Thanks

Did u have ur passport with you? I've heard of this temp I-94 issued when a passport is unavailable or the expiry date of the passport does not meet the mandated minimum validity requirements.

my passport

was valid for 11 more months and I did take the passport along with me. Is the temp GC called I-551

Not necessarily. While I was waiting to get my passport stamped, there was an Indian couple in which the lady did not have her passport (I don't know why). I heard the officer behind the counter confirming with that lady that she had 3 photographs instead of the two usually required if you had a valid passport. The third photo perhaps was for giving out that I-94 card with the LPR status confirmation.

Originally posted by compaqdb
You should get a passport stamp. Only plastic GC card is called I-551.