Photos

grundland

Registered Users (C)
Was just about to print out the pictures here for my application (7 of me, one of my wife) and saw it said no digital pics. Does it mean no digital files, or actually no pics taken with a digital camera? I have a good camera/printer setup and was just going to do it here. Can they even tell what's digital?

Again, thanks in advance for any info.

Tony

Which applications are you filing? If it's immigration base through marriage I think you're wife is gonna need more than 1. Probably what they mean by 'no digital files' is that you shouldn't send a CD with your pictures. Just go to a mall and get some passport pictures taken. I think they were 4 for USC and 5 for the person applying for the GC (total).

The forms are for green card application through marriage - 5 forms for me (I-485, I-765 etc) and three for my wife (I-130, G-325A, etc). Need to total up pics required - you may be right on needing more than one for her. Will try and get to mall or kinko... maybe it's best to be safe than sorry...
Thanks

Yep that's the same kind of application I'm going through. I sent in all the forms (including EAD), except the form to apply for Advance Parole so I don't know if that form requries photos too. I'm pretty sure you need 4 total for the USC and 5 total for the person applying for the GC. Each form requires different amount of pictures from you and your wife, just go over each form carefully.

According to my checklist (I bought a do-it-yourself kit from the American Immigration Network) it says I need two of myself for the I-131, two for the I-485, two for the I-765 and one of myself and one of my wife for the I-130. I'll be going through all the forms again when I'm ready to file, but that's what the checklist says.

grundland said:
The forms are for green card application through marriage - 5 forms for me (I-485, I-765 etc) and three for my wife (I-130, G-325A, etc). Need to total up pics required - you may be right on needing more than one for her. Will try and get to mall or kinko... maybe it's best to be safe than sorry...
Thanks

The photo requirements is the same as the passport photo requirement. look here http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/04_08_02Photo_flyer.pdf . Follow the state.gov link at the bottom of the pdf.

In short, the pics needed are...
I-130 = sponsor = 1; applicant = 1
I-485 = applicant = 2
I-765 = applicant = 2
I-131 = applicant = 2

I filed my I-765 and I-131 online and they didn't ask for any photos. I didn't file those forms with the I-130 and I-485. And I already did my FP and photo for I-765 at my DO.

Frontal photos or Side photos

Hi,
For re-entry permit are frontal photos required or side? on the form it says side photos.

Thanks

ari4u said:
I-485 = applicant = 2

Ari,

I'm confused :confused: :confused:

For my parents I sent 2 pictures for each of them along with I-485, and that's all.

I was supposed to send a picture of mine (the sponsor) for I-130 and also a picture of each of them for the I-130 :confused: :confused:

I didn't see any requirements for pictures in the application for I-130!?!

Suzy977 said:
Ari,

I'm confused :confused: :confused:

For my parents I sent 2 pictures for each of them along with I-485, and that's all.

I was supposed to send a picture of mine (the sponsor) for I-130 and also a picture of each of them for the I-130 :confused: :confused:

I didn't see any requirements for pictures in the application for I-130!?!

Hey suzy. That requirement is valid only if you file I-130 for spouse.
For parents, photos are not required.

ari4u said:
The photo requirements is the same as the passport photo requirement. look here http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/04_08_02Photo_flyer.pdf . Follow the state.gov link at the bottom of the pdf.

I-485 = applicant = 2
I-765 = applicant = 2
I-131 = applicant = 2

My bad.. Sorry for the miss info. I went to the mall with my husband to get the pictures taken and we got 4 of each one of us. As it turns out we had too many of his and too few of mine...I completly forgot we didn't use all four of his pics. Sorry!