Photos for OCI - please help

supan

Registered Users (C)
Will the photos from costco work, which will be same as for US pssport?
Instructions are very confusing.

I did the same - passport photographs from CVS pharmacy (with white background). Seems to have worked just fine. My status now is PRINTED! So yes, I would think that it works.

How long it took since you posted till now?

List of documents is fine, but number of return envelopes and fees is very confusing. Combined check for renunciation + OCI + Traversia fees is fine? How much? How many return envelopes. If you have exact list of documents then that will save lots of my time. Thanks in advance.

If it's a family case, then one return envelope should be good. Combined checks are okay. The amount should be listed on the order form.q

What order form? Should it include the $20 traversia feew twice (OCI + renunciations)?

Sorry it is $12, but mentioned at two places. Once at the top and then in bullet 17.
So how much is total fee for adult?
175 (renunciation) + 278 (new adult OCI) + 12 (Travisa processing) = 465. Is this right? Or this 175 is included in 278?
Once cashier check of 465 payble to Travisa outsouring. Is this right?
Also can you please respond about he original question of photos? Thanks so much

I'd second the recommendation made in post # 6 , that you fill out a ORDER FORM on Travisa website based on what you need, and based on when you naturalized.

- Since you are attempting to combine the request for Renunciation + OCI together , the fees to Travisa is $12.00 along with the Consulate fees. I'm sure the fees for Renunciation is
NOT included in the OCI fees, as you indicate and are 2 seperate charges.
However, combining these 2 requests together will entail more sets of documentation copies in your packet, which the Travisa documentation will list. (I personally have not used this route to combine Renunciation with OCI, so cannot speak on the no of sets of documents. I applied Renunciation first, and just now send in my OCI pkt.)

Once you fill out the Order form for OCI - Adult , and answer all questions (including the checkbox that you are applying for Renunciation also in the same Order), it will let you know the total fees. I do recollect that the Charges for Renunciation to be bumped up to $178.00 (from $175.00, as it went a $3.00 increase -- so PLS RECHECK before you get the Money order/Cashier check made. Going with what your Order form indicates is be a better way).

PLUS ensure, that all documentation is structured exactly in the same order it is listed on the Order form when you do decide to turn in the Pkt to Travisa.

Your question on photos was answered multiple times before by multiple people. Many of us have used the Standard photos applicable for US passports (2*2/white background), and that is also listed as the requirement to the Photo specification link for the OCI page. Will that work for everyone - is a tricky one. My case is just now in the pipeline...

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure about the checkbox that you are applying for Renunciation also in the same Order ----- I don't see that.
I don't see the fee correctly still....

If the applicant has NOT renounced their Indian citizenship, or cannot show proof, the following must be provided:
◦Two (2) copies of the completed Renunciation Form. This form is current as of May 14, 2010. Disregard all prior versions.
◦Renunciation fee of $175 paid with a Money Order payable to 'Travisa Outsourcing'.
◦Copy of US Naturalization Certificate.
◦Most recent Indian passport. Applicant must provide photocopies of the first three pages of the passport and the last two pages of the passport. If you do not have your most recent passport you must provide an Affidavit of Loss, a copy of your naturalization certificate and either a copy of your birth certificate or a school leaving certificate. The $175.00 renunciation fee will still need to be paid.

Then at the end fees:
17.Fees:
A Processing Service Fee of $12.00 will be collected by Travisa Outsourcing per application. Method of payment is Money Order or Cashier's Check (Payable to Travisa Outsourcing). If payment is not paid in full, processing delays will occur. If your OCI application is withdrawn mid-process, the Consular Fee is refundable less $25.00 Consular processing fee. The Travisa Outsourcing service fee of $12.00 is non-refundable.

Fees are broken down accordingly: OCI Service Type Consular Fee Service Fee Total Fee
New OCI Card (Adult) $278.00 $12.00 $290.00

The following MANDATORY Question (everything with a red astrisk has to be answered) is prompted on the 2nd screen of the ORDER FORM, when you fill in for OCI New Card with Travisa.

'YES' indicates you are submitting a combined request, and the Fees would change accordingly, and will then ask you to fill in further details (Date of expiration of last Indian passport , Date of your Naturalization, A column to be selected ONLY IF the latest indian passport is not provided.)

Question : Are you renouncing your Indian citizenship along with your OCI/PIO application ?
YES
NO

I am sorry but I don't get any second screen at all, how is that possible? On second screen I get the list of documents directly.

https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/oci/display-requirements
Current Nationality: US
Have you ever been Bang/Pak NO
Have you ever been citi of India: YES
Naturalization Date June/2011
State of residence: NH
Service type: New OCI Adult

View req takes me to the list of requirements. I don't see the second screen at all. What am I doing wrong here?

Renunciation certficate

• How long it took to get the renunciation done

• Is it through Travisa NYC?
  • Did you send original renunciation certificate along with OCI application or copy?
    Thanks

I'd second the recommendation made in post # 6 , that you fill out a ORDER FORM on Travisa website based on what you need, and based on when you naturalized.

- Since you are attempting to combine the request for Renunciation + OCI together , the fees to Travisa is $12.00 along with the Consulate fees. I'm sure the fees for Renunciation is
NOT included in the OCI fees, as you indicate and are 2 seperate charges.
However, combining these 2 requests together will entail more sets of documentation copies in your packet, which the Travisa documentation will list. (I personally have not used this route to combine Renunciation with OCI, so cannot speak on the no of sets of documents. I applied Renunciation first, and just now send in my OCI pkt.)

Once you fill out the Order form for OCI - Adult , and answer all questions (including the checkbox that you are applying for Renunciation also in the same Order), it will let you know the total fees. I do recollect that the Charges for Renunciation to be bumped up to $178.00 (from $175.00, as it went a $3.00 increase -- so PLS RECHECK before you get the Money order/Cashier check made. Going with what your Order form indicates is be a better way).

PLUS ensure, that all documentation is structured exactly in the same order it is listed on the Order form when you do decide to turn in the Pkt to Travisa.

Your question on photos was answered multiple times before by multiple people. Many of us have used the Standard photos applicable for US passports (2*2/white background), and that is also listed as the requirement to the Photo specification link for the OCI page. Will that work for everyone - is a tricky one. My case is just now in the pipeline...

• How long it took to get the renunciation done

• Is it through Travisa NYC?
  • Did you send original renunciation certificate along with OCI application or copy?
    Thanks

1. One has the option to apply Renunciation along with OCI, and that would cut down on time. (I applied Renunciation first, and it took 35days to get it back after which send in the OCI
request.)
2. Every Applicant should send their package to the Travisa Office that services the State in which you reside. So it would vary. (My case was/is processed by Washington,DC)
3. Only self attested copies of all documentation (renunciation Certificate /Certificate of Nat. etc ) ( Self attest by making copies and writing " This is a true copy of the orginal . <applicant sign> " )

PLEASE respond....

I am sorry but I don't get any second screen at all, how is that possible? On second screen I get the list of documents directly.

https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing...y-requirements
Current Nationality: US
Have you ever been Bang/Pak NO
Have you ever been citi of India: YES
Naturalization Date June/2011
State of residence: NH
Service type: New OCI Adult

View req takes me to the list of requirements. I don't see the second screen at all. What am I doing wrong here?

The following MANDATORY Question (everything with a red astrisk has to be answered) is prompted on the 2nd screen of the ORDER FORM, when you fill in for OCI New Card with Travisa.

'YES' indicates you are submitting a combined request, and the Fees would change accordingly, and will then ask you to fill in further details (Date of expiration of last Indian passport , Date of your Naturalization, A column to be selected ONLY IF the latest indian passport is not provided.)

Question : Are you renouncing your Indian citizenship along with your OCI/PIO application ?
YES
NO

Option 2. on the list of Items needed for processing a OCI card is to get a Travisa ORDER FORM . You need to follow that link and start entering the details . That Order form will get you to the second screen (oci/renunciation ques) i was talking about . I figured you knew how to open a Order Form.

PRIOR to filling the Travisa Order FORM fill up the Part A application (for all , if family appln) as that File reference number ( example : USAWI1234567) would be needed to be entered on the Order Form. So.... Complete PartA online for all members, print it out and also print out PartB which can be filled online or offline, then start on Travisa Order Form.

Once u answer the Order form ... it will make sense. Reserve more questions till you have started down this road.