Photos for OCI - pl advise

waitingforins2

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I am applying OCI for my wife + 4 month old son at NY.

How many photgraphs will I need for wife and son? 2 each or 5 each?

If they are applying together where to affix photographs?

we are going for photos again because her shoulders are not showing in photgraph..are they very strict about the photos?

Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks in advance

Check the Indian consulate of NY website, the number varies dep on the consulate. For SF the photos were to be pasted on the form for each applicant. From what I have seen they are not very strict as long as the photos show the person's face clearly so you have no reasons to worry. I would just apply and wait, the consulate will contact you and ask for better photos if the submitted photos are not acceptable.

Read this -
http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=174&partid=100&sub=sub6
Steps 11 and 12

and
http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=176&partid=100&sub=sub5
Question 8, 1st line of the answer says -
One photo on each form and one additional photo

And since the forms have be in duplicate, it looks like you will need 2+1 = 3 photos per person (or if still confused, then just paste one photo on each form and attach one extra, i,e, 2+2=4 photos per person - better be safe than sorry) .

Try to follow the instructions for photos and other documents properly if you want speedy processing.

I partly agree with aabbcc11 in that the consulate people dont seem as strict for the photos, but then I disagree with his statement that you should just apply and wait for consulate to contact and ask you for better photos - this is just setting yourself up for a HUGE wastage of time.
If you can spend a few extra minutes now itself being careful about the documents and photos that you send, then you will probably save months that would be wasted if the consulate tells you whats wrong with your application.
Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by a moderator:
for SF, we were asked TOTAL 3 photos for each. One on form A, another one on Form A duplicate and another one not pasted anywhere. This repeats for all family members. I am sure NY thread has mre details

Thanks GUys

so I will need 3 + 3 phots each..ok.

also one more question..

I saw that the form needs spouse information. I am aplying for wife (USC) and son(USC). I am still Indian citizen. so I need to fill my information there or just say N/A? because I am applying only for wife and son.

Thanks in advance

also one more question..

I saw that the form needs spouse information. I am aplying for wife (USC) and son(USC). I am still Indian citizen. so I need to fill my information there or just say N/A? because I am applying only for wife and son.

Thanks in advance

I have not seen the form, but I would think your information should be filled there, won't you agree? May I know the reason for your doubt, please?

also one more question..

Thanks in advance

Part A doesn't ask for any spouse info. Are you referring to Line 21 in Part B? It only applies to applicants, so obviously you would only fill in First Applicant line and leave the other 3 blank (or N/A) - assuming your child doesn't have an employer :).

The OCI booklet and visa both did not contain spouse information for us. So I am not even sure if they would need the spouse info when the spouse is not eligible and is not even applying.

also one more question..

Thanks in advance
I dont remember the app form now, but I guess you need to make this clear in your mind that it is your wife who is applying for OCI along with your son. You are NOT applying (just doing the legwork for them :)). Once you get this clear then you will see that IF the form asks for spouse info (meaning your wife's spouse, i.e. you), only then it means they are asking for your info. Otherwise you dont come into picture at all. ;)