• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Photos for DV2010 Application

KCC will understand nothing, you can send a 600*600 photo of a bear and you might still win the lottery and reach the interview(The entry checks nothing but size of the pic). The point is you will get disqualified at the interview, after paying the $775 fee.

So I see, the photo disqualification, if it is the case, will only be verified after you receive the notification letter and go for the interview. So If you apply with the correct pixels etc, that is to say if your photo is valid according to the validator your appication is processed and if lucky enough will receive the notification letter. Your application photo will then be checked for proportions, head size etc. only at the time of interview. Am I correct?

Just asked this question on the other thread but actually I just remembered that something was written about red eye correction on this thread. Are you guys 100% positive that a red eye correction would result in an elimination if we get selected?

When KCC check the photo ?

Does any one know when KCC check the specification or compare the photo submitted through electronically (when applied for the DV lottery). Since after selecting they are asking for more photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any one know when KCC check the specification or compare the photo submitted through electronically (when applied for the DV lottery). Since after selecting they are asking for more photos.

They ask for more photos to attach to your file which has your DS forms etc and the EAD. They can compare, but unless it is a big difference, i don't think there would be an objection.