Photos for 485/AP/EAD

gc_sc

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
My attorney has told me I need 8 photos each for me and my wife to apply for 485/AP/EAD. I checked with Wal-Mart and they charge $10 for 2 photos. That just seems like a rip off.
Will appreciate it if you all can share where you got ur photos taken and if Wal-Mart is charging the correct rate

Become a AAA member (Gold membership) and u will get 8 sets of free PP photos every year. I think they charge $6 for 2 pics if u r not a member.

Photos

Last time I checked with Wal Mart (in NC) they did not know how to take BCIS green card photos. I used Kinkos. Please make sure that Wal Mart does know how BCIS pictures are taken before you use them.

Are you a member of sam club or costco? You can get passport photo from there. And also now you can use plain passport type photos.
-jd

do the photos yourself

Guys!

Have you all done the photos at Walmart or any other studio???

You can do it yourself at a very low cost.
Take your picture on a light background with a digital camera (or film and then scan). Crop it to the required size of your face.
Create a 4x6 photo file and copy your image 6 times.

Make everything a little smaller and add some empty border (it will be enlarged and cropped when printing at Walmart) and take it to the Walmart (or other places with Kodak PictureMaker).
At Walmart it will cost you 29-49 cents per page (6 pictures).

I did that for myself, my wife, coworkers... Never had a single problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine at AAA for free. 6 photos. Mention Green Card and they already know the measurements.

Check with CVS. They are giving 16 passport pictures for $7.99. If two people need pictures they give 16 (8 each) for $7.99 (for both)

I do not think you should save money on photo. If photo does not meet the requirements, you will get delay in i-485 processs.

That is just my personal opinions.

Friends,

I had tried COSTCO,AAA,SEARS and Kinkos....! Spent almost $100 on PP pitures but my Lawyer is not happy with any of them. So I am really confused...! People at these places were totally unprofessional and eventhough I showed them the pictures rejected earlier, they took again same way....!

At AAA it was just a rip off.....!!! For basic membership $6 and for non member $12 for each set...! at sears $16 for each set of 2 pictures....! And even after paying that much none of them took it correctly...!

Now I will try WAll Mart but not sure how they will do it ? Is there any place (NEAR Raleigh Durham,NC area) that knows how to take the pictures as per the standards of BCIS ? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated....!

Thanks,

do them yourself

I did the pictures myself MANY times (for several people). Not a single rejection by INS.

Read my post above.

I did my pictures with a photo lab who knew about cis and were professionals who dealt in portraits. Even when the instructions changed I just gave them the instructions and they did the rest.. You should try and find some professional there or do what comp_chem suggested..

Try Picture People

Picture People in Cary Towne Center Mall are very good. They charge around $16 for a set of 4 pictures

Hi SKumarD,

Thank you very much for the information...! I will surely try it out....!

Thanks,