Photograph question

shah007

Registered Users (C)
I got my fingerprinting done today. As a part of the fingerprinting process, they also took my picture. Can you smile in the picture or are not supposed to? I asked the lady taking the picture and she said it does not matter either way. However, I have heard some people say that you are not supposed to smile in the picture. Can anybody shed any light on this?

I got my fingerprinting done today. As a part of the fingerprinting process, they also took my picture. Can you smile in the picture or are not supposed to? I asked the lady taking the picture and she said it does not matter either way. However, I have heard some people say that you are not supposed to smile in the picture. Can anybody shed any light on this?

Which did you do, smile or no smile?
It's probably best to use the same criteria as a passport photo: The applicant should have “a natural expression, mouth closed, eyes open and looking directly ahead,”

But, why do you care since it's already done? And why would anyone's opinion here be better than the USCIS employee's? :confused:

And why would anyone's opinion here be better than the USCIS employee's? :confused:
ASC technicians and security are not USCIS employees. They are contractors. Usually ASC has a couple of USCIS officers present during business hours, but they don't collect bio.

Answering the original question. You have to look naturally, which is subjective. If the interviewing officer disqualifies your photos, they still can use the ones, you had sent with your N-400