Photo for 3 yr old kid

parag81

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys, I went to US Consulate Chennai for the L1 Blanket interview alongwith my kid and wife. My visa has been approved. My concern is nobody asked for the hard copy of my kid's photo. Me and my wife's photos were captured the previous day at OFC. They did not capture the kid's photo. Anybody has an idea on this aspect?

thx,
parag

Ya , I uploaded the kid's photo per the Visa standards while filling DS160 online. The confirmation page has a photo of the kid. What does this mean..do u know..?

thx,
parag

It means the photo you uploaded will be used on his visa. Adults' photos are captured as part of fingerprinting which is not required for children. Relax!

Thanks for the encouraging words. Though may I ask u if u are confident about it or is it a guess?

thx,
parag

Well, that is how the new visa system works. Only adults have to provide fingerprints and have their photos taken as part of visa application. This applies to ALL US visas.

If not already received, you will receive the passports with visas in a few days. How old is your kid?

My kid is 3 yrs old..I got the visa approved today..I understand kids are not required to have their photos taken but atleast they could have asked for a hard copy..because at OFC, the lady told we would need to carry the kids photo at the interview..and then at the interview today, nobody asked for it..I dont know why there is no consistency between OFC and interview..I hope u are getting me..

parag

Don't worry, you are done with it now. OFC lady was clearly wrong; if a photo was required you would have been asked at the interview. They already have the photo which you uploaded which I believe also shows up in the visa, the photo taken at OFC is only to match up with fingerprinting.