• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Photo Doubt

I don't think that they could make a mistake concerning the ratio of 50 %..its more than 3 years that this format is used..and they were insisting in that ratio for 4 years..the photograph of 320 X 240 are not photographs used to get official ID cards and official documents...and another thing its impossible to reach 50% with photograph in 300X300..

If any winners that could help us...

Hi.

Do you guys know what should be the resolutions of digital photos? There is no any information about that, on dv-instruction page. I guess print size of photo depends on resulotion of photo. So, what should be that for new digital photos?

Manzoor

320 pixels high and 240 pixels wide, you need to have 250 pixels from the top of the head to the chin in order to get the head approx. 50% photograph area "the essential thing is the neck must be see"

Zorche,

Try to click the link again because I test and its working

Last edited by a moderator:
DPI size?

Does anybody knows what DPI (dots per inch) value must be set on photo? Also, does photo must have an EXIF data, or photo can be sent without it?
Problem is that photographer didn't set right date and year (it is 2005-01-13) and if I change it to 2007-10-19, could it make some problems? :confused:

Beresmed,

For 320 x 240 pixel photographs you get 150 dpi, concerning the date DO NOT add date or things the State Department has not asked for.

Nobody need this.

Resolution for scanned photos is there http://travel.state.gov/pdf/2009DVInstructions.pdf

For digital images the right resolution is 180 dpi

I don't have a scanned photo, my photo is taken by digital camera and year & date is not stamp on it. It is in EXIF data.
I have read pdf instructions, but there is no explanations about DPI value.
Is that correct value - 180 DPI ?

Last edited by a moderator: