Phoenix stamping experience

lnkoya

Registered Users (C)
Azcowboy071,itwizard,phx_rn
May pl post Yr stamping experience in Phoenix.Is appointment is necessary

Stamping @ Chicago ..instead of Phoenix

Inkoya.. I am stamping at Chicago instead of Phoenix, sorry I have no information about that. Instead, I am looking for similar information on Chicago.

I had to take an appointment

I had gone for PP stamping around 20th March. They gave me an appointment for 3rd April. Actually the appointment is really convenient since you dont have to really enter the office to get the appointment . They just bring a portable desk outside and give out appointments and then when you come on the day of appointment you need to be there just 15-20 minutes before your scheduled time and you are fine. I went around 7:45 am the first time.

Experience: PP stamping at Phx INS

Well we(self, spouse and daughter) went there hoping that an appointment would not be needed as mentioned in the courtesy copy of the I485 approval. We assumed wrong!. It seems if you want the stamping to be done same day you need to get there by 4 a.m.(this info is from the person who was handing out the appointment slip).
For appointment slip: The day we went, there was nobody coming out and handing out the appointment slips! We had to go into the office through security check..... we went on the 27th march.
Please also go before 2 p.m. for obtaining the appointment slip.
Actually this appontment is convenient as you have to be there about 15 mins before your scheduled appointment and you are let into the office almost right away.
We were given appointment slip asking us to come back at 3 p.m. on april 18th. We went around 2.45 p.m. and waited and waited. We were the last batch to be stamped around 4 p.m. that day. But the whole process took only about 15 mins. We had all the reqd. documents as mentioned alongwith the original I 485 approval notice. The officer at the counter did ask since how long we have been staying at phx.and whether we had been staying at phx all these past 7 years.
Hope this helps.
csg

Appointments are not needed

Me and my wife had our passports stamped at the Phoenix INS office yesterday. We did not have any appointmnets. We showed up at the office by 5:00 am. There were about 20 people ahead of us. They started letting people inside the building at around 7:30 am. An IIO gave us an appointment for 8:00 am (same day). However, we were not called till a little later. We were done with everything by 9:15 am.

The immigration officer did not bother to collect the EAD and AP documents. A friend of mine who went to the Dallas office was specifically asked to turn in the EAD and AP documents. This officer did not want to take the I-94. However, we just gave it to him.

Parking is available right next to the INS building. $2.

Let me know if you need more details.

Regards

mlmg

FP notice delay in Phoenix

Hi,
   Can you tell me how long it took you guys to get the FP notice in Phoenix? My RD/ND is beginning of January, I got AP and EAD pretty quickly, but still waiting for FP notice.

Appreciate any input to this.

No Title

One of My friend who applied in february did his fp in april i st weak. Yu can enquire INS by calling csc.FP notices will be generated automatically at the time of data entry though national scheduling system.May ask Yu lawyer about fp follow up. I think there is some where INS created fp notices and misplaced sending of fp notice to Yu

my RD was July 1st week and ND 8/23

I got my FP notice at the end of Oct and was scehduled for 11/30.
I did it early on 11/1 .

azcowboy007 : passport stamping @ Phoenix INS

I woke up at 3 am , reached INS by 3.50 am . Waited patiently in the line . I was the #7 in the waiting line .

At 7.am they allowed us to enter the INS compound , by 7.30 am they started the security check and letting people in .

The IIO at the entrance gives the appointment time & date . In my case the date was 05/15 and time was 7.30 am .

my # was called in by 8.15 am , she took the photo copy of my I485 approval & passport , my index finger print and signature . she then stamped my passport with the I551 , completed the whole process by 8.30 am

I specifically asked her if I could travel to India for a vacation with the I551 stamp and she confirmed that I551 is the "green card" till the "actual plastic card" arrives .

I hope the info helps .

Regards
azcowboy007

azcoubou071,ming

special thanks for providing me this info.I have a question reg address change. Before stamping ,we have to request IIO to change the present address to another address or after completion of stamping,we have to request IIO to amend the address

you need to clearly tell IIO the new address

IIO will ask you if the mailing address has changed ? , then you need to clearly tell her the new address .

The best thing would be to carry a utility bill which has the new address and show it to her .

Regards
azcowboy007

where to go for early FP in Phoenix

Where did you go to for early FP in Phoenix?
What is the process?

Thanks for info.

Passport stamped today (05/23) at Phoenix

As usaual,I took all the advice from azcowboy071,Mimg and other Phoenix guys.Went around 4.30 and stood in queue.Got appointment at same day.As per Phoenix Ins, they will process upto first 100 people who stood in queue on the same day.If Yu go after 7.00 am,If Yu go there,they will schedule appointment after 3 weaks.My token called at 7.45 and we finished every thing at 8.00 am at counter. Then she said to wail and she will call again once she finsih the rest of her normal procedure.It took nearly another 2 hrs to call by them to say that they stamped the passport for 1 yr and and she said that I may get Card in 6 mos..

Thanks guys and best wishes for every body to get their quick approvals