Phoenix, AZ Stamping experience, anyone?

mlmg

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone who has gone through stamping at the Phoenix, AZ INS office post their experience?

Thx

mlmg

recent experience

I got my passport stamped on 4/3/2002. I had received my approval around 15th March and had gone to the INS office right away but I just got an appointment for 4/3 on that day. I have heard that if you go real early you probably wouldnt have to come with an appointment. I dont know. Anyway i wasn\'t real paranoid to get it stamped immediately so I waited till 4/3 and went just 20 minutes before my appointment time. My number was called soon. The officer took my I-94 . She did not ask for EAD/AP though I had carried them too. My wife\'s fotos had a problem ( one freaking strand of hair on her ear :) ) The officer said that the foto might be rejected and if we wanted to take a chance. We didn\'t so we ran to the foto place right accross the street and got new ones. The officer was nice enuf to give us a pass that we could use to get back in later and go directly to her without waiting. That\'s it , she filled in the info sheets and took finger prints for the card and stamped our passports with a 1 year I551 stamp.

Sandpa: Please read

Thx for your response Sandpa.

What time did you go to the INS office the first time?

mlmg

around 7:45 am

The line was pretty long by then. There have been some discussions on this board where someone said that I-485 ppl dont have to wait in line for the PP stamping. But I wasn\'t aware of it at that time and I dont know if it is true even now. You might want to give it a try by talkin to the security guard.