Philly FP, can we go before scheduled date?

rd10132001

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys. My wife is scheduled for fingerprinting in philadelphia on March 12th.

Due to medical reasons, she can not go after march 1st.. The office is open tue-sat 8 am to 4 pm.. Can we go this saturday and request them to take the finger prints? We can get a letter from doctor requesting the same. Will that help?

Any experiences?

Thanks so much

P.S. My RD = 10-13-2001 AD = 02-16-2003 EB2/RIR/India

fp early

I was scheduled to have mine done on Feb 28th and got them done last friday. That was in Baltimore but I have heard that it is not uncommon to go in early.

Yes, you can go there and do it early. They won't even ask you why want to do it early. I've seen a lot of people do their FP prior to their scheduled date in Philly(including myself).

Regards,

Thanks phillygc

One quick question. What are their timings on saturday? And can I go in the office with my wife? She can not drive. I have to go with her to the office anyway.. So, can I go inside office?

Thanks so much

I don't know the saturday timings-you'll have to call them.

By office you mean the INS finger printing center right? Yes, you can go in with her. There is an area where you can sit. You can even see ur wife while she's been fingerprinted. It's one big room with small partitions.

Don't worry to give ur FP earlier in Philly

Hi rd10132001,

I had a re-finger printing to be done by this weekend but i went & gave my finger prints 2 weeks b4. I went to the Phila office by 8.30Am on saturday, but by that time it was fully crowded. So try to go as soon as u can. U can go along with ur wife there won't be any problem with that.

I don't think u will need any letter proofs to request for a earlier finger printing. They don't ask for any of these things(Wherther u come early for u come by the scheduled date). It's not a problem i guess. Try to be @ the office by 8am only then u can come back soon. Otherwise u will have to wait there for hrs to give ur FP.

Let me know if u have anyother qns, i'll try to answer as much as i know.

Thanks,
Philapa.

rd10132001:

You can go do your FP in the Philly INS office anytime. I used to work in CC Philly earlier so the INS office was walking distance from my work. A few weeks before we were scheduled to do our FP I stopped by to ask them whether I could do my FP before the scheduled date. The Hispanic lady at the reception was very warm and friendly. She said that if I had the documents I could do it right away. But since my wife and I both had to do the FP we went in next Saturday. Try and go slightly later, after lunch preferably to avoid any crowds. When we went there, there were hardly 3-4 people before us for FP. Yes, you can go in with your wife. There's a seating area. The whole thing takes about 10-15 minutes. Hope that answers your questions.