Philadelpia TImeline Thread

I don't know the answer but would guess it would be no. Your fingerprinting is done at the ASC not the actual DO (I'm assuming yours is the same as mine) . When you go in - your name is checked off a list and you are sent off to wait - you a given a number like at the grocery store so it seems to be a first come, first serve. There was a number of people there who had some different kind of papers (they may be employment based or EAD/Green card renewals) They were told to wait in a seperate section after bio's and they were actually given a card. It was so busy in this place, I found it hard to believe they could get through everyone. I asked if it was common and they told me "its like this everyyday". However, I can't see any catch 22 or harm in trying -the worse they can do is turn you away.

jancdn said:
Just read some recent Philly timelines from another forum re AOS Interview

Filed Nov 03 - Interview Feb 05
Filed May 04 - Interview Apr 05
Filed Aug 04 - Interview Feb 05
Filed Feb 04 - no interview notice yet

This is the same pattern (or lack of a pattern) I saw when hubby went through citizenship. Delays like FBI checks seem to cause a delay not in getting the interview but in the wait time in getting the card after the interview.
Hi Jancdn,

Where did you see those dates? Are they in another web site?

I checked with my folks (they got it done in Atlanta) and the ASC have walk in allowed on wednesday to do Bio and FP.

Does anyone know walk in dates for Philly?

The timelines I saw were in the British expats marriage based immigration forum. There was another Philly poster who is waiting from Jan 04.

Hi,

I would like to know what is the correct place to look for EAD and AP processing status.

Is it at Philly or NBC?

I looked at NBC and they are currently processing Dec 16 2004 and philly shows up as Nov 26 2004 for I-765 which one is correct?

It is the NBC for the AP and EAD on the marriage based cases and Philly for the 485 green card interview.

Here is current status of my case

Applied on 1/18/2005
Reciept dt 2/10/2005
Bio and FP 03/02/2005 (my original appointment date was 4/2/2005 at 12Noon)

EAD ???
AP ???

I did a walk in in Atlanta today morning and got my BIO and FP done the whole process took 30 mins to complete.

here is my experience in ASC ATL

Wait time 1hr
process time 30 mins

I went to the ATL ASC office around 7AM they opened the office at 8AM there where around 20 other people in line by the time it was 8AM the security Guard asked every body to get ID and Notices ready. I was second in line. He asked me what time my appointment was? I mentioned that i was doing a Walk in and he out right rejected me. He then let everybody go through and let me in last.

The same security officer processed my application and asked to produce the documents i was carrying copies of notices and not the originals as i received them from my Attorney He mentioned to me that I need to get original next time and they will not accept the copies. he took a sticky note and mentioned as 'NOT IN LIST' and gave the application to fill in.
I filled in the application was verified by receptionist and was given a number to wait after 5 mins they called me in and i was out in other 10 mins.

The staff was freindly and great.. The whole process took less than 30 mins.

I rec'd my interview letter today - June 29 -that is only 6 and a half months from receipt date. What an unexpected and pleasant surprise!! Maybe Philly is moving faster and this will bring hope to those who filed after me!

Hi,

Where is I-130 Proceed? I have filed for I-485 and I-130 but i dont see the processing time for it on NBC or Phily area.

Any info greatly appreaciated.

If you filed 130 and 485 together, they are processed together and will be approved at the same time as the 485 - go by the 485 dates with the DO.

If you had filed the 130 first and waited for its approval, you would have filed it at the Vermont Service Center

jancdn said:
If you filed 130 and 485 together, they are processed together and will be approved at the same time as the 485 - go by the 485 dates with the DO.

If you had filed the 130 first and waited for its approval, you would have filed it at the Vermont Service Center
As per recent changes don't he has to send it to Chicago?? :confused:

yes -the marriage based 130/485 are sent to the Chicago lockbox and inital processing is done by the NBC. The file is sent to the local DO for AOS interview (and adjudication of the 130). Vroom was questioning why he doesn't see the timeline for the 130 on the DO or NBC sites.

AP Approved

Applied on 1/18/2005
Reciept dt 2/10/2005
Bio and FP 04/02/2005 (earliest interview date available)
Bio/FP 03/02/2005
AP 03/30/2005
EAD ??
AOS ??

Hi,

I got my EAD approved on April 1st and received EAD card on April 8th

Applied on 1/18/2005
Reciept dt 2/10/2005
Bio/FP 03/02/2005
AP 03/30/2005
EAD 04/01/2005 (received EAD card on April 8th)
AOS ??

AOS interview dates

Folks,

Anybody recently received any AOS interview letters, I am interested to know what is the current processing date for philly. I not sure if the processing dates on USCIS website are current

Applied on 1/18/2005
Reciept dt 2/10/2005
Bio/FP 03/02/2005
AP 03/30/2005
EAD 04/01/2005
AOS ??