Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Boston is one of the satellite centers besides SFO and NY, which DOL says they will remain functioning till the end of 2005.

what we don't know is whether they will join the two lazy BPCs down the road or they will continue processing their own applications.

So much for getting BPC in Philly, this current CO, intentionally created backlog in Philly DOL just to get some funding.

orissa said:
Hello GC_LOVER

How come Boston cases not transfered to BRC Phily or BRC Dallas? Do you know anything about it.

Thank you

No, sorry I have no idea why Boston DOL has not transferred cases. I just happen to read Boston forum and saw all these approvals. I also heard SFO and NY are also approving cases, but not sure. Boston DOL has approved so many cases in last few days and here I am waiting in f***ed up BRC, waiting for ONE approval from philly BRC, so I can also have hope for my approval.

I am not going to see my approval in near future so I thought I would read at other people's approval and feel happy for them, and thats how I ended up in Boston forum. :p

I got info for one approved case.

RahulatDC said:
Guyz, I am like most of you here, waiting since last 3 years, as I mentioned before people who got approval is my co-worker friends friend, you see relationship, now I am asking him, he is asking his friend to ask people who got approval, but believe me my co-worker cant be wrong because he himself went through all this.

I am in same s**t like most of you here, once again I am working hard to get this info, its important for me too.

PD :10/2002 (Virginia)
Received letter from BEC in Jan
Labor Approval in 2nd week of March
It was an IT - EB2 RIR Case.

I am still trying to get info about rest of two approved cases.

RahulatDC said:
PD :10/2002 (Virginia)
Received letter from BEC in Jan
Labor Approval in 2nd week of March
It was an IT - EB2 RIR Case.

I am still trying to get info about rest of two approved cases.

Great News
Thanks
Please find more info.

This post on Murthy's site confirms that processing has started at the BPCs.
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_perbac.html
Specifically this section below :
Cases Pending at BPCs
The DOL reported that the Backlog Processing / Elimination Centers (BPCs) received approximately 250,000 pending cases by mid-March 2005. Many of these are still being data processed. A small number of BPC personnel are now processing labor certifications, though the DOL did not have a processing time estimate since the majority of the BPC personnel are still working on data entry. As of this writing, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. have not received any substantive action (approval, denial, Notice of Finding) from the BPCs.

travel abroad in H1-B beyond 6 years

Hi!
I just got approved H1-B extension beyond 6 years and now I'm in 7th year of H1-B and still waiting to LC approved.

My question is... Is it O.K. to leave this country in this status? We need to get stamp in our country and usually there's any problem? I heard that now we need to do the interview. Usually if someone had rejected, what is the reason?
We've been waiting four years to get our LC approved and get our AP but now we are really sick of postponing our travel plan to our country and my mother is really sick now.

I need your advice.

jjcchoi said:
Hi!
I just got approved H1-B extension beyond 6 years and now I'm in 7th year of H1-B and still waiting to LC approved.

My question is... Is it O.K. to leave this country in this status? We need to get stamp in our country and usually there's any problem? I heard that now we need to do the interview. Usually if someone had rejected, what is the reason?
We've been waiting four years to get our LC approved and get our AP but now we are really sick of postponing our travel plan to our country and my mother is really sick now.

I need your advice.

I did my H1B stamping in Jan 2004 in Mumbai, India consulate. It is true we need to go for interview but I did not face any problem, they just saw me, saw my documents, asked 1-2 questions and everythnig was fine. It does not matter if its 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 years H1, if you have all documents you should not face any obstacle. I heard these days they do finger printing but thats just formality for us, since we are clear.

jjcchoi said:
Hi!

I need your advice.

Just make sure before you leave from US that you have taken an appointment at consulate (Mumbai/Chennai ....whatever). They no longer allow walk-ins. You can schedule an appointment via email too. The best way is to call them at respective consulate for an appointment. They now take Biometric (fingerprints and Pictures) and also the VISA has changed (so has immigration stamp when u return back to US). Good luck

GCCovet said:
Just make sure before you leave from US that you have taken an appointment at consulate (Mumbai/Chennai ....whatever). They no longer allow walk-ins. You can schedule an appointment via email too. The best way is to call them at respective consulate for an appointment. They now take Biometric (fingerprints and Pictures) and also the VISA has changed (so has immigration stamp when u return back to US). Good luck

I also have another question regarding this. Can we get the stamping from a neighbouring country like Canada/Mexico for the H1 stamping?? Because some were saying that you had to go to your home country to get the stamping. Others are saying that the rule has changed so hence the confusion.. So which is right??

Thanks in advance..

GCH1_Waiting said:
I also have another question regarding this. Can we get the stamping from a neighbouring country like Canada/Mexico for the H1 stamping?? Because some were saying that you had to go to your home country to get the stamping. Others are saying that the rule has changed so hence the confusion.. So which is right??

Thanks in advance..

yes you can get your h1 stamping either in canada or mexico. i have 2 friends that just did it in mexico and a coworker that did it in canada a month ago...all 3 did it this year...good luck!

travel abroad in H1-B beyond 6 years

yes u can go to canada to get stamp ,most of my friends got stamped in canada beyond 6 years.I am travelling to india in May and got appointment in Dehli .mine also 7th year extension.LC pending in CA.Make sure u have documents with u when u travel to india or canada for stamping.Nothing to worry i would say,and God is great.

GCH1_Waiting said:

Thanks in advance..

If your USA VISA has expired and would want to go to Canada/Mexico for H1B
stamping, prepare for the worst case; In case they ask you some
additional documents which you cannot produce at that time, then you
cannot enter into USA, either you have to go to India directly from there
are stay in that Country till you get your VISA for USA.

PS: I am not saying it will happen in your case, 'better safe than sorry'.

orangs said:
If your USA VISA has expired and would want to go to Canada/Mexico for H1B
stamping, prepare for the worst case; In case they ask you some
additional documents which you cannot produce at that time, then you
cannot enter into USA, either you have to go to India directly from there
are stay in that Country till you get your VISA for USA.

PS: I am not saying it will happen in your case, 'better safe than sorry'.

foret1, neverknow and orangs.. thanks for the input.. Im going to wait as much as possible and if need be then go to Canada.. otherwise I will get it in India on my next visit there..

Thanks again.

H1 Stamping

If you are going for stamping of H1 beyond 6 yrs, make sure you carry the proof that your LC is pending for more than a year. I faced the problem in Jan this year. I carried all the docs required for H1 stamping but missed docs related to GC and he asked me for only that document. Luckily I had my house keys with a friend, who went that night at my house, got the document and faxed it to me. Next day I showed that piece of document and he gave me the visa. So carry the document which shows the date (Recepit Date) on which your LC was applied. If you don't have one, ask the Lawyer to send it.

h1b 6th year

Hi Guys/Gals,

I'm in my 6th year h1b. I have file LC petition with my current employer. My case is buried somewhere in Philly BEC right now. Since my company is not doing well, I may have to look for a new job.

My question is, since I'm in my 6th year, If I change job now, Am I eligible to apply for 7th year extension on my H1B based on my LC pending with my old employer?

Thanks for any of your inputs!!

VAhoper said:
Hi Guys/Gals,

I'm in my 6th year h1b. I have file LC petition with my current employer. My case is buried somewhere in Philly BEC right now. Since my company is not doing well, I may have to look for a new job.

My question is, since I'm in my 6th year, If I change job now, Am I eligible to apply for 7th year extension on my H1B based on my LC pending with my old employer?

Thanks for any of your inputs!!

Yes as long as your previous employer is willing to be supportive. That is - they shouldn't close shop OR withdraw case etc...
Basically your previous LC should be in good standing for this to work.

Some potential bad news

Since my hotline is not working anymore, I called my lawyer and this is what she has to say about Dallas BEC (which should be similar to Phili BEC). They have started processing Aapril 2001 cases, and they suspect it will take atleast an year to clear that.

I do not know how true it is, I hope it is not, but then thats is what I have been told. I guess we saw some post April 2001 approval, which according to the above theory is at best random, most of the cases approved right now are the April 2001 ones.

rgds,
a