Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I subscribe to the smart Dilbert Dude theory, except I don't have a memory of the day from last yr when DOL was current (or almost current)

hey dyviaashok,

Where did u see these flowcharts? I won't take you up on the politiks of this all... I have some strong opinions on that one... but I agree - LC applicants pay taxes without much in return.

BTW: if 5 man hours is to be believed, lets say they make it in 5 hours, we can expect all applications with DOL to be processed in just under 2 months time. So we should all be done by October end.

If they take 8 hours (worst case) then it's 110 days, which is close to 4 months. Therefore, we should all be done by Dec end.

not too shabby I say chaps.
Then of course, waiting for thos visa numbers in 140/485 stages is going to be another story... Can you believe this?

Time Assumption

The time assumption you guys proposed is the Phil DOL cases get processed first. But what it they decided to process MD, DC etc state level pending cases first as some of them have not passed 2001 yet. Is it reasonable to process them first? I think probably yes. They are waiting as hard as we do. Anyway there must be a rule they can follow to decide what need to be processed first, second ... So what we can do right now is to pray for the best.

tomshu said:
The time assumption you guys proposed is the Phil DOL cases get processed first. But what it they decided to process MD, DC etc state level pending cases first as some of them have not passed 2001 yet. Is it reasonable to process them first? I think probably yes. They are waiting as hard as we do. Anyway there must be a rule they can follow to decide what need to be processed first, second ... So what we can do right now is to pray for the best.

True, they all have been waiting as long.
However, I do believe that in my travels across the various boards, I remember reading somewhere that backlog reduction centers will start with Philly, then move on to Atlanta (I want to say...) but am not sure, maybe it's Dallas...
Anyway, the reason I am confused about where it moves to from Philly is, frankly :eek: , because I am selfish in that sense and it must not have registered completely.... but I am sure it's going after Philly DOL cases first.
In fact what I am not sure of is whether they will first get all DOL, Philly SESA cases resolved as well.... one of the changes that will happen as a result of the backlog centers is all processing will be in one place (SESA and Regional ) but there's some ambiguity in my mind about existing cases with SESA...

As always, would be no rule, and anything you think is normal would't happen.

In my county immigrants pay 30% taxes and get 3% benefits. Do you think any voting person want to change this? No need to answer, I know it.

spidey said:
True, they all have been waiting as long.
However, I do believe that in my travels across the various boards, I remember reading somewhere that backlog reduction centers will start with Philly, then move on to Atlanta (I want to say...) but am not sure, maybe it's Dallas...
Anyway, the reason I am confused about where it moves to from Philly is, frankly :eek: , because I am selfish in that sense and it must not have registered completely.... but I am sure it's going after Philly DOL cases first.
In fact what I am not sure of is whether they will first get all DOL, Philly SESA cases resolved as well.... one of the changes that will happen as a result of the backlog centers is all processing will be in one place (SESA and Regional ) but there's some ambiguity in my mind about existing cases with SESA...

Ok - I dug and found: Here's the details for those of you who maybe interested...
We do not expect that all cases caught in the backlog will be sent immediately to the central processing sites. The NCO is permitted to send cases to these sites, but is not required to do so. As detailed in the earlier MurthyBulletin article, cited above, the DOL intends to send cases from the Philadelphia and Dallas federal regions to these centers first, followed by cases from the Atlanta, GA and Chicago, IL federal regions. Atlanta and Chicago are also expected to be the two future homes of centralized PERM processing centers. After those case transfers are complete, cases from other regions may be added. Since the NCO has discretion in this matter, however, this plan may change at any time.

abstract from: http://www.murthy.com/news/n_intfin.html
more details on the murthy website...

spidey said:
Ok - I dug and found: Here's the details for those of you who maybe interested...
We do not expect that all cases caught in the backlog will be sent immediately to the central processing sites. The NCO is permitted to send cases to these sites, but is not required to do so. As detailed in the earlier MurthyBulletin article, cited above, the DOL intends to send cases from the Philadelphia and Dallas federal regions to these centers first, followed by cases from the Atlanta, GA and Chicago, IL federal regions. Atlanta and Chicago are also expected to be the two future homes of centralized PERM processing centers. After those case transfers are complete, cases from other regions may be added. Since the NCO has discretion in this matter, however, this plan may change at any time.

abstract from: http://www.murthy.com/news/n_intfin.html
more details on the murthy website...
Spidey,

Ms. Murthy is an excellent lawyer, but a lawyer nevertheless. Lawyers, like economists, are never unambiguous. As Harry Truman said about economists (" Give me a one-handed economist!"), the same thing applies to lawyers... :)

LC and job change

Hi guys,

As one who is waiting for his LC, I have been watching this list quietly for some time. Thank you all for the information.

I have one question about LC and job change: if one's LC is approved and I-140/I-485 are filed, can he change his job without losing the GC application?

Thanks, PainInTheNeck

PainIntheNeck said:
Hi guys,

As one who is waiting for his LC, I have been watching this list quietly for some time. Thank you all for the information.

I have one question about LC and job change: if one's LC is approved and I-140/I-485 are filed, can he change his job without losing the GC application?

Thanks, PainInTheNeck

You may not be able to change your job, if any meet any one of the following conditions:

1/. Your LC is pending.
2/. Your I-140 is pending.
3/. Your I-485 pending time is less than 6 months.

Or otherwize you may have to start your GR from scratch.

--Tomshu

Philly DOL Tracker spreadsheet..

rania,

I don't have a latest version of the spreadsheet. But here with I have enclosed the version I had for your kind perusal.

If anyone has any updates, please keep us all posted.

Regards,

AwardMyGC

rania said:
Hi,

Can anyone please post the latest version of the DOL tracker (the spreadsheet)?

Thanks,

Rania

Aug 20th....

Hang on guys having been waiting for LC from Aug 2001, I see a ray of hope when we are nearing the Aug 20th day. We should start seeing the approvals trcikling from first week of september

Lc

What is the delaware timeframe going on. When i see their website it tells July 2003. has anyone who filed around june, july, august got their LC cleared or able to track it. would appreciate if someone can help me to track

hey vikram

Hang on guys having been waiting for LC from Aug 2001, I see a ray of hope when we are nearing the Aug 20th day. We should start seeing the approvals trcikling from first week of september

Could you please let me know what the magic aug 20th day is all about. I am a bit excited after reading your post.
thanks
:)

laborpain01 said:
hey vikram

Could you please let me know what the magic aug 20th day is all about. I am a bit excited after reading your post.
thanks
:)

Hey laborpain01

I apologize for jumping in - but like most of us here, it's become a matter of habit for me to check this site multiple times everyday in hope of a miracle post giving me my wings back :) and I culdn't resist responding...

Aug 20th is the end of the 1 month period after OMB review and final approval of the Backlog Reduction Plan. It's the date that things become official and Backlog Reduction officially kicks into action.
According to estimates, early September we will start seeing results and movement in labor certs.
BTW.. your handle reminds me of another kind of labor pain :rolleyes:

cheers-

Aug 20th.

It is typically the last day for comments fro 20CFR656 or back log reduction center. Typically the last day of comments also indicate that implementation of the backlog reduction centers

updated tracker with my details included

Hi All,

Updated the tracker excel with my details..

Rgds,
Sunkav
AwardMyGC said:
rania,

I don't have a latest version of the spreadsheet. But here with I have enclosed the version I had for your kind perusal.

If anyone has any updates, please keep us all posted.

Regards,

AwardMyGC

August 20, Friday - Important Day for Permanent Labor Certification Reengineering

08/19/2004: :)
August 20, 2004 marks expiration of 90-day extension of OMB review of the PERM regulation. Since the OMB review executive order stipulates one-time only extension of the OMB review, it is expected that by early next week, the immigration community may hear something about the result of the review.
August 20, 2004 also marks the effective date of the recently released Backlog Reduction regulation. Since no details have been released as to how the Centralized Processing Centers will be operated in Philadelphia and Dallas and how the cases will be transferred to the Centers from which states and Regions and in what order, the immigrant community should hear some answers to these questions in the very near future. Please stay tuned.

Thanks

orissa

Friday - August 20, 2004

orissa,

Please share the source of this information?

Hoping for the best,

AwardMyGC

orissa said:
08/19/2004: :)
August 20, 2004 marks expiration of 90-day extension of OMB review of the PERM regulation. Since the OMB review executive order stipulates one-time only extension of the OMB review, it is expected that by early next week, the immigration community may hear something about the result of the review.
August 20, 2004 also marks the effective date of the recently released Backlog Reduction regulation. Since no details have been released as to how the Centralized Processing Centers will be operated in Philadelphia and Dallas and how the cases will be transferred to the Centers from which states and Regions and in what order, the immigrant community should hear some answers to these questions in the very near future. Please stay tuned.

Thanks

orissa

Status
Not open for further replies.