Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Certified !!

Congratuations neerajv,

What does 'It was certified on May 23.' mean?
The DOL received 05/22/2003 and certified it 05/23/2003.
Is that true?

As I understood, it is supposed to be July 23.

TIA.

Originally posted by neerajv
Hi everyone,

I just checked the AVM last night around 5-6 pm and heard that my case had been been certified 7/23 (the same day).

I used to check the AVM every night so I can tell you that they definitely update the certification status on the same day, unlike what others have been suggesting on this forum - every 2 weeks or whatever. Initially the case took 2 weeks to show up in the AVM after it was recieved by the DOL so that takes a while. Also, I'm not sure how up-to-date the automated e-mail replies are.

My case was not in the tracker sheet, so I'll provide some details.

Filed EB2-RIR in Philly SESA on May 7, 2001.
SESA finally got to it and sent an inquiry about the salary on April 30th, 03. We replied to them on 19th May after revising salary and posting notice for 10 days. SESA forwarded to DOL in 3 days of receipt of our reply (that was fast). So DOL received it on 22nd May, assigned a DOT code of 030.162-014 case#033906XX. It was certified on May 23. The last case with the same DOT code was approved on May 14, so they seem to be assigning multiple DOT codes to the same officers and the officers rotate their time between cases of the various codes.

Hang in there. You guys will make it soon !!!
My best wishes to everyone :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i am sure it is 07/23 as he wrote in his email that he heard in AVM yesterday only. in the excitment Neerajav spelled it wrong.

Date correction

Sorry about the wrong dates. It was rec'd by DOL on May 22 and certified on July 23, as stated at the beginning. The previous case with the same DOT code was certified Jul 14, not May 14.

Thanks for pointing out the error.

Filed in May 2003

Hi All,

My journey to DOL has been tumultous.. Filed Labor in Nov 2001. (VA) My case got lost in SESA and had to refile in May 2003. I recd. a communication that my case has been sent to Philly on May 20, 2003.

I see a lot of posts carry the recd. date, case number etc. My attorney claims that he has not recd. any thing from DOL. How shd. I find the case number?

So far I've been trying 215 861 5250 number. Wish I had visited this site before. I've been trying AVM since morning and haven't had any luck so far :(

Glad to see a May 27 case approved. Wish lady luck smiles on me!!

Fixed a few problems in the tracker.

neerajv: added EB2-RIR entry.

ssampy: sorted you by your reception date.

rkk2000: as far as I know you didn't say that you were certified, just that 2/3 from your company who filed at the same time were certified, or are all of you certified now?

other: fixed a few cells which had lost the correct formula, changed certified color to dark green for a few entries, added stats to show average/min/max active wait time (hey -- I like stats :p).

ETA

Re: Filed in May 2003

Originally posted by ssampy
I see a lot of posts carry the recd. date, case number etc. My attorney claims that he has not recd. any thing from DOL. How shd. I find the case number?

Keep trying the AVM (215-861-5286). Its generally been working well over the last few weeks, although its been busy quite a bit over the last couple of days.

When you get through select option 1, then 2 then enter the employer phone # (the same number used on the LC application sent to SESA, probably your employer's main office #). From there you'll be given the case #, reception date, DOT code etc. for all cases matching the employer phone # that you gave. Once you have the case # you can use option 1 instead of 2 to specify the case # instead of employer # if you want in future calls to the AVM.

If your company has multiple cases in the system, it can be hard to figure out which is yours unless you know your reception date or salary used with the LC (I believe you need to use the email system to get the salaries -- I haven't tried the fax support but someone recently reported that it doesn't include salary information). See earlier in this thread for info on the email system (LCSTATUS03@doleta.gov) but it hasn't worked for anyone in a couple of weeks now I believe.

(I just now got through to the AVM btw -- at around 1:25pm EST)

ETA

Finalllyyyyyyyy

I got approved. Still cannot believe it.

Just heard today afternoon.
Details..

DOL Rec'd 5th May 2003
Approved 24th July 2003

Thanx a lot guys for all your help and support. Will see you soon in 140/485 forum.

Best of luck to everyone waiting. Hang in there.

Congrats RonaDhona!

It's with great pleasure that I change your color in the spreadsheet to green :).

Updated spreadsheet attached.

ETA

Congrats RoonaDhona on your approval........any new fresh updates guys......this week I hope many more in this forum will get cleared.

Last name of Spouse.

What if the Spouse's last name is still the same and not changed after marriage. The Visa, H4 and passport all have the same last name(the one before marriage). For I-140/485 or green card do we have to change the last name .:rolleyes:

Re: Last name of Spouse.

We dont need to change the Last name .She will get everything on her last name ..

Kishu

Originally posted by gc121802
What if the Spouse's last name is still the same and not changed after marriage. The Visa, H4 and passport all have the same last name(the one before marriage). For I-140/485 or green card do we have to change the last name .:rolleyes:

Added stats for last 2 months (since May).

Over the last 2 months, cases have been taking an average of 58 days to process ( I'm on day 57 :eek: ).

ETA

Originally posted by love2002
Is AVM working now? didnt hear from them any messages

I haven't got through yet (been busy every time I called except once and that time it never picked up). The same thing seemed to happen last Monday -- maybe lots of people call the # after the weekend to catch up.

ETA

Originally posted by jem73
can you tell me how to check AVM

See earlier in this thread -- about 15 or so posts back (searching for 215-861-5286 might help).

ETA

Status
Not open for further replies.