Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Check status on AVM

deep_labor,

You should be able to find your case using your
employer name and state...Even you can narrow down
your search by entering SESA filing date and so forth..

Click on this link to see for yourself..

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

AwardMyGC

Originally posted by deep_labor
Hi,
My employer has confirmed that my case is with Phily DOL, but they would not give me the case ID (DOT code?) saying that the Labor Cert belongs to the company. I tried the AVM and entering the employer phone no., but could not figure out how to find my case from other cases.
Is there any other way to check the status on the AVM if you do not have the case ID?
Thanks.

Hi,
My employer has confirmed that my case is with Phily DOL, but they would not give me the case ID (DOT code?) saying that the Labor Cert belongs to the company. I tried the AVM and entering the employer phone no., but could not figure out how to find my case from other cases.
Is there any other way to check the status on the AVM if you do not have the case ID?
Thanks.

Deep_Labor,

I am not a lawyer, this is just my experience so please take it with a pinch of salt and as my opinion only.

My company tried to give me a bit of a run around on my labor file as well. I was able to fight it by virtue of connections in the company and was finally informed by a VERY reliable source that it is the law for the company to provide you with copies of all the documentation related to this.

Which includes providing you with information about your case # etc etc.... although I will subscribe to the fact that it is the employers or the lawyers prerogative to be able to call DOL for updates on your case.

Also, I have seen approved labor certifications and they clearly say your name on them, so I won't believe that labor belongs to company.
I'd try to get smart about dealing with my HR on this issue. Of course you don't want to piss anyone off, but you need to make sure you are not harmed either.

spidey-
Remember: Not a lawyer, just my opinion ....
:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help AwardMyGC and Spidey.
I did pull up the databse of cases using the Employer name and could not find anything that nearly feels like my case. I suppose this list if for the cases rceived by Phily DOL, but the R_RO date is actually the date that SESA received it. Is this right?
Thanks.

deep_labor,

I just say one of your earlier postings in that you have stated your Philly DOL receipt date is 1/12/2004.

Unfortunately the link I gave has a snapshot of data that was received/reviewed until 12/3/2003.

'Data is currently available for applications reviewed between 10/01/1996 and 12/3/2003'

R_SO ------> Date Received by State Office
R_RO ------> Date Received at Regional Office

Regards

AwardMyGC

Originally posted by deep_labor
Thanks for your help AwardMyGC and Spidey.
I did pull up the databse of cases using the Employer name and could not find anything that nearly feels like my case. I suppose this list if for the cases rceived by Phily DOL, but the R_RO date is actually the date that SESA received it. Is this right?
Thanks.

I agree with spidey.....

Originally posted by spidey
Hi,
Thanks.

Deep_Labor,

I am not a lawyer, this is just my experience so please take it with a pinch of salt and as my opinion only.

My company tried to give me a bit of a run around on my labor file as well. I was able to fight it by virtue of connections in the company and was finally informed by a VERY reliable source that it is the law for the company to provide you with copies of all the documentation related to this.

Which includes providing you with information about your case # etc etc.... although I will subscribe to the fact that it is the employers or the lawyers prerogative to be able to call DOL for updates on your case.

Also, I have seen approved labor certifications and they clearly say your name on them, so I won't believe that labor belongs to company.
I'd try to get smart about dealing with my HR on this issue. Of course you don't want to piss anyone off, but you need to make sure you are not harmed either.

spidey-
Remember: Not a lawyer, just my opinion ....
:rolleyes:

Re: Re: No update after NOF was replied

AwardMyGC, Thanks for detailed reply ! I knew that their AVM was screwed up it was not even recgnising the case number but after that they fixed that problem. It seems everything is not fixed yet. After reading your reply I confirmed with my lawyer about rebuttal of NOF and it was confirmed again that NOF rebuttal was sent during last week of December 03 and they have a proof of it.

For tracking purpose my case details are,

NON-RIR Harrisburg SESA-> 06/20/2001
Phily DOL -> 01/24/2003
NOF -> 10/07/2003
NOF rebuttal after time extension -> 12/30/2003

Waiting for any update from Phily DOL.

Best Regards,

Originally posted by AwardMyGC
pinkubenu,

I don't know if you were aware of it, our avm was messed up more than once. We thought they fixed it, apparently they didn't.

If the avm is working properly you should be hearing message saying 'NOF rebuttal received on <date> and this information was posted on <date>'.

When you replied back to NOF issue did you receive any confirmation from DOL apart from AVM?

On the NOF Issue letter that was sent to your employer, did you see any other contact information like analyst phone no./fax no./any other contact information.

If I was you I'll be alarmed and try to get in touch base with them as soon as possible. Even though lot of employer/lawyer say that it’s not good to contact DOL directly or they don't have any mode of contact information to contact DOL. Blah blah blah....

Don't believe it, I know for sure in more than one occasion in situation like this few candidates have contacted

Please post your case detail, so that we can update our DOL tracker spread sheet?

Best Regards

AwardMyGC.

Still waiting

Nothing has changed since my last post. NOF was issued in Oct 03 and we responded in the first week of Jan 2004 - have not heard anything since.

Saro28,

When did they issue NOF? When did your employer/lawyer
responded back?

Please let us know in that way we can keep track, how fast
DOL is processing?

AwardMyGC

:confused:
[/B][/QUOTE]

Updated Philly DOL Tracker spread sheet.

Updated pinkubenu & Issd case information.

P.S. Please do not change the file of the spread sheet, we don't
want to many versions flying around.

Thanks,

AwardMyGC.

varsity,

You must be kidding right..All Philly DOL employees are getting ready to go on a spring break....

AwardMyGC.

Originally posted by varsityboyz
Or maybe we are just about ready to jump to one of those high processing months (about 5000 certifications per month)
-varsity

varsity,

You must be kidding right..All Philly DOL employees are getting ready to go on a spring break....

AwardMyGC.

no not really.
they probably have about 4 months to clear this mess out b4 they start to roll out PERM. they know that there can't be two parallel systems to do the same work. that puts the current system (the mother of slowest and crappiest systems possible) in a transition mode, which possibly provides a logical reasoning to the DOL not having done ANYTHING in the recent months.
technically, its right about time for the DOL employees to come out of their long and cold winter breaks and give us folks a break too!

What do we do now?

Z2002,

It was very interesting to see the results and shocking as well.
But now the big question is what do we do? Lawyers OR even our friends discourage us from calling DOL regarding our case.
So we just wait , wait and wait.
We tried with for petition , then law suit etc.. but nothing happened. This is very painful and stress full period.

update

I just checked avm with my company's phone number and found that one case from company was remanded to the employer. Dol receive date is july 15, 2003. Message was updated on march 19.
I will try to get more info from company and the law firm.
dot code 030-062-010. it was rir ( not sure eb2 or eb3 )

Status
Not open for further replies.