Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

I guess it is bad news for my company. About all of the guys in my company including me after May 27th have been issued a Notice of Finding(All our cases were RIR). I am trying to contact my lawyer. let us hope for the best

:(

Any one else please check the AVM and post a reply.

I guess it is bad news for my company. About all of the guys in my company including me after May 27th have been issued a Notice of Finding(All our cases were RIR). I am trying to contact my lawyer. let us hope for the best

When did you come to know about this, when did you check AVM and was the updated date for your case, please let us know.

Thanks

I checked today at 4:00 pm EST. This was posted on Nov 13th. But till yesterday I was getting the regular message "Case xxx has been received on ..." BTW my DOL date is July 11th 2003

Meaning

Hi
I wanted to what it means .. by filed in last 12 months ...
Does it mean .. that case file during last 6 months or so ... dont get covered ... and would get delayed more ...
I didnt fully understand the posting ... for new guidelines, as it is coming from INS :)

mag4life,

Sorry to hear about your case.

You mentioned about "Notice of Finding". Do you have any more info. that what query it is ?
There must be some code or some explanation sent by DOL, can you share over the forum.

Thanks,

NorthAmerican

Actually there is an audit going on for our company so all the present cases are under NOF. The probable requirement according to my employer is to re advertise and send the response. I will be getting more info next week after the holidays.

Well DOL managed to scr.. my holidays. :(

audit

Hi Mag4life
How does DOL know abt the audit going on in your comapny? What kind of audit is it?

Actually there is an audit going on for our company so all the present cases are under NOF. The probable requirement according to my employer is to re advertise and send the response. I will be getting more info next week after the holidays.

Well DOL managed to scr.. my holidays

Philly DOL -RIR denied second time.

My husband has applied for his labor in RIR from Delaware in 2002, and on Feb 24,2003 a status update was posted in the Philly DOL ( thru AVM) that the RIR was denied , hence it was returned to Delaware to be processed through the regular queue. The AVM message used to say - The application received on Nov 29,2002 has had its RIR denied.
His company's lawyer responded to the application ( I think new ads were placed . 2 more guys from the same company had their RIR denied similarly and theirs was recently approved via regular queue) . A new status was posted on my petition on Nov 25,2003 and it says - 'received at regional office on nov 29, 2002, with a dot code XXX.XXX-XXX has been returned after rir denied. this status was posted on nov 25, 2003'.Is this something which has happened to anyone else. I am wondering what the cause can be , has the lawyer goofed up why should it say RIR denied again when it shd have been in the regular queue. What are our options now ?

Thanks
SG.

FYI: 12/22/2003
Seems there was an error in updating the phone message. The Labour petition has been approved, but the phone message was updated with a status that it was denied.

Details:
Application was accepted for processing at Delaware on 8/9/2002
RIR was denied at Philly on 02/24/2003
Went thru regular processing and was approved on 12/5/2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mag4life,

Could you be more specific?

I mean,your employer has to re-advertise and provide recruitment response to DOL or, is it something that DOL will personally approach your employer and verify the documents in action?

Please clarify

Thanks

DOL Update on RIR Processing Guidelines

DOL Update on RIR Processing Guidelines

http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html#2

Conclusion

The November 20, 2003 Carlson Memo contains some significant and potentially beneficial changes for labor certification applications filed using the RIR procedure. We think the new SOPs may help speed the resolution of some long-delayed RIR cases. It will also avoid the rather unfair situation that occurs regularly, where a labor certification case is advertised and filed at a time when the economy was good and then is reviewed, sometimes several years later, at a time when the economy is struggling.

Hi All:
Pls calrify.
My employer is saying that if we already applied for labor at one center, we cannot apply anywhere else, according to new rule,(not confirmed) which will be confirmed by mid of december. Hence he is waiting to reapply at a different place. I know that this is weird, however, if any of you knows more info, pls share.

aug 2003 approvals

DOL didn't even started June cases, i think we have to wait couple more months for AUG cases.

The guide lines for DOL RIR approvals were announced two weeks back,but still Phil. DOl is sleeping . There is not a single approval we heard in last one & half month. There must be some reason for not resuming the work. It can be only found by some influential attorney or congressman who has better connections and get to know real story in order to come out of such uncertainty.I tried to take up with my attorney, but he seems to be funny and has suggeted me to keep waiting till my turn comes as it makes no differance to him if it is still not cleared for next 6 months or he is unable to find out.

budct :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.