Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Phily DOL no. works anymore

Tried to check the status on Sunday...the phone kept ranging without going to voicemail. I don't think that number is good anymore. Even if its active I don't think the BRCs are going to update it regularly. May be, they'll send some info at the end of every month to Philly DOL and our friends at Philly DOL will update it if they feel its important. :rolleyes:

you are right

I checked just now. keeps ringing. looks like they have taken one step back instead of forward.

Some Good News From Chicago DOL Tracker

Folks,

Looks like there is some good news in chicago dol tracker. Someone just got their labor approved on 20th Sept after waiting for Nine (9) months :p .

Hope ew get to hear some good news soon too. :eek: :eek:

Thanks,
Decatod

State Department Expects Backlog In Employment Based Third Preference (EB3) Immigrant

State Department Expects Backlog In Employment Based Third Preference (EB3) Immigrant Visa Category As Early As January 2005

September 16, 2004 - The State Department today announced that it expects a backlog to develop in the employment-based third preference category for immigrant visas (i.e., green cards) beginning as early as January 2005; backlogs in other employment based categories could also occur during FY 2005. The following announcements are included in the October 2004 Visa Bulletin:

During the past two years, the visa allocation system compensated for the reduction in CIS visa number demand by making very rapid advances in the visa cut-off dates. As the cut-off dates advanced, tens of thousands of applicants became eligible to file for adjustment of status at CIS offices. Heavy demand was expected as CIS began to address their backlog and finalize action on such cases. The Visa Office has been alerting interested parties to this possibility over the past two years, and this is exactly what has recently begun to happen.

FAMILY: As CIS demand for visa numbers continues to increase, little if any forward movement of cut-off dates is expected during FY-2005, and the potential for retrogressions in certain categories cannot be ruled out. While retrogression of certain Family cut-off dates is not likely in the immediate future, it cannot be ruled out late in the fiscal year. This is because the CIS backlog is likely to include large numbers of applicants in all categories with priority dates well before the current cut-off dates.

EMPLOYMENT: The increasing CIS use of numbers is likely to require the establishment of cut-off dates in one or more categories during FY-2005. Such action is expected in the Employment Third preference category as early as January.

Source: http://www.usabal.com/news/2004/04Sep16.html

Come on Phily move now Chicago started moving now

There is some good news coming from Chicago. I hope Phily will moved faster then ever sure in october.

stay tuned.

orissa

tomshu said:
State Department Expects Backlog In Employment Based Third Preference (EB3) Immigrant Visa Category As Early As January 2005

September 16, 2004 - The State Department today announced that it expects a backlog to ..........

January.

Source: http://www.usabal.com/news/2004/04Sep16.html

BAL Comment: Prior to 2001, backlogs existed in the employment based second and third preference categories due to per country limits, and it now appears that the backlogs could again occur, beginning as early as January 2005 for the EB3 category. This means that eligibility to file an I-485 application for Adjustment of Status, and the rate at which pending applications in the affected categories would be approved and issued, would be restricted according to the State Department's priority date system.

The priority date system directly impacts employment based green card applicants in the following ways:

1. Individuals who have not yet filed their I-485 application for adjustment of status will not be eligible to file that application until their priority date is current (i.e., the priority date is on or before the cutoff date published monthly by the State Department in the Visa Bulletin);
2. Individuals who have filed their I-485 application for adjustment of status will not have their green cards approved until their priority date is current. However, these adjustment of status applications will continue to be considered to be pending for the purpose of applying for employment authorization documents and advance parole documents;
3. Individuals with approved I-140 petitions who apply for their immigrant visa through a US consulate in their home country must have a current priority date at the time the immigrant visa application is filed and at the time the application is approved by the consulate.

Each immigrant visa petition has a priority date associated with it (e.g., the date the original application for labor certification was filed, or the date the I-140 petition was filed if no labor certification was required in the category). The State Department monitors on a monthly basis the number of immigrant visas or green cards that are issued in each category and compares this number to the total available for that category for the year as fixed by statute. When the rate of approval of immigrant visas (green cards) approaches the maximum allowable, the State Department begins restricting the rate at which applications can be filed or approved. This is done by publishing on a monthly basis the priority date "cutoffs" for each visa category - immigrant visa applications with priority dates on or before the published cutoff date for the category (i.e., their priority date is "current") can be filed, or if pending, can be approved; applications with priority dates later than the published cutoff date cannot be filed or approved (if pending) and must wait until their priority date becomes "current." The published cutoff dates may sometimes retrogress (i.e., go backward over time rather than forward), according to the State Department's estimate of usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
For all the hope and optimism, is there any case approved at Philly DOL in last couple of months, or has anyone heard about his /her case being transferred to BRC from Philly DOL. Not a single official update from DOL or any attorneys has confimed that BRCs are operational and how they will be working on our cases.

Hope there is some official news that gives way to optmism and real results rather than mere potential and expectations that something is very much round the corner and good is happening very soon.

Sorry if I am too pessimistic for some of the crowd here.

For all the visa number backlog etc, I'd rather file my 140/485 and wait than be hanging without a labor.

Any bloody progress is better than this limbo.

No concrete info... the only solid info will be when some of the first oldtimers (Pinkubenu? styuem? i'm not sure) .. anyways, any july/aug DOL fellow gets approved. till then, twiddle your thumbs.

Members,

We planning to create a new thread with the same name and renaming existing thread by appending "Old". We will keep old thread for a week (or more) and then move it in archive folder for your reference. We will also provide a link in new thread pointing to the old one. Old thread will be visible but you will not be able to post any messages(s).

We did same for Chicago Regional DOL center thread and posted important info. on very first page to guide new users. Check newly created thread at the following link to get idea:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=143855

Drop me a PM or mail if you have any question/suggestion regarding proposed change(s).

Thanks in Advance
LC Forum Moderator

What nonsense!!!

Hi guys,

My receipt date at Philly DOL is July 16th 2003, and I am EB3 RIR. I just heard from my lawyer today that the Philadelphia Regional office has stopped processing all cases and transferred them to the Backlog reduction center. Processing will continue once some 90,000 cases are entered into the new backlog reduction center system.

So you can imagine how much delay this will cause! :mad:

My lawyer managed to speak with someone at the Philly DOL, so I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Just wanted to let everyone know, in case it helps anybody.

Thanks,

Rania

What?!

Rania,

Thanks for the info. I cannot believe this! I thought there were only 11000 cases. Where did they get 90,000 cases! And they have to re enter them into system one by one. This is going to take forever.

I filed my EB3 RIR in Apr.2004. I start the process early 2002. It has been a long wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.