Philadelphia passport stamping experience

RR_Aug01

Registered Users (C)
Reached there at 9.30 am.
Waited about 2.50 hours to get the token.
Waited about 3.30 hours for my token number to be called.
It took about 20/25 minutes for the finger-printing & stamping for me and my spouse and the officer said the green card will arrive in 6 to 12 months.

I had submiited the courtesy copy of my approval (original), I94 (the one that was attached in the passport, as well as, the one i got when i received my H1B approval (renewal)), EAD, AP (all three copies), 2 ADIT Photos.

Also after coming home, I found a stamp saying "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE" on top of the initial H1B passport stamping. But I did not find the same in my spouse's passport.

Now the waiting game started to get the plastic cards on mail.

RD 08/28/01 - AD 08/05/02

RR

passport stamping

I went to the same office but they never asked me to submit my EAD cards. I just submitted I-94 card, 2 photographs and original 485 approval notice. Do you think that will create any problem in getting plastic card.

RR_Aug01,

if you had gone there at around 7am or 7:30am, would you think you have had to wait that long ? I mean, 2.5+3.5 hours are way too long... wondering what will happen in my turn...

passport stamping

me2july:

When I showed the approval notice to the officer, she said, she wants all the documents and EAD. After giving everything, i have asked her, if she needs the A.P too, for which she replied - Yes. So, I gave that too.

In my opinion, the EAD/AP/H1, they all are invalid/useless, the moment your I485 get approved/passport stamped. So, I think, just to make sure nobody misuses them, INS is collecting these things back. If this is true, you should not have any problem.
Wish you all the best.

syj:

I would think, you can be sure of getting the passport stamped on the same day, if you go early in the morning. But, I am not sure, if going early would reduce the waiting time. Because, when I went, only one counter was open (even though they have three/four counters), and at one point, i started thinking that I might have to goback to INS, the next day.

The approval notice states that the office closes at 3pm (except thursday). But, they only stop the visitors entering the building at 3pm and they continue to process the ones that are already waiting. So, after 3pm, the officers came back and all the counters were opened and the processing started in full swing.

Hope this helps.

RR

Guys, you gotta be there veryl early. I did go a couple of weeks ago and I was there me and my wife at 6:00 AM sharp, and there were 4 people ahead of me in the queue. We left the building with the stamps at 10:15. I was asked to submit the EAD Cards and I said to the officer that I never applied for one which I really did not have one and original I-94 W/I485 Original or courtsey copy and two photos are a must. We have yet to receive any plastic cards hopping to get them soon. I hope this information helps.

Can you travel outside to the country on the same you stamped PP?.

Do you guys see any issues if I travel outside to the country on the same day of PP stamped? My case has been approved (as per avm on 12 Aug). Planning to go India on
23 rd Aug. If I get the curtsy copy on or before 22 Aug, I’m planning to go for stamping on 23rd morning and fly to India on the same day evening.

Few more questions: Do we have to call them and take an appointment before going there- I guess not but just want to make sure? What are the documents we need to take with us?

Do they open on Saturdays and can my spouse stamp her pp on a different day and will it cause any issue at later point of time (Since I am the primary applicant)?

Your inputs are appreciated.

Mallu123,

I think that should be fine.

I was suspecting a similar situation for myself as I am flying out on 8/19. But luckily or unluckily, I haven't got my approval as of today morning (per AVM). I suspect, even if I get approval by today, I won't receive the courtsey letter and hence it'll be OK if I fly out on 8/19 without stamping (hypothetically speaking).

Philadelphia stamping experience

My wife and I got our approval from philadelphia and got our passports stamped.

We went there about 6:55 am and stood in line. We were let into the office around 7:35 and got tokens. We were the first ones for 551's and were called to the counter around 9:10 AM. The officer took our EADs and previous advance paroles, canceled our visas by placing a rubber-stamp on them, took our fingerprints and placed a 551 stamp on our passports. She was courteous and asked us if we had any questions and told us the cards would arrive within the next 9-12 months. We were out of the office by 9:20

Photo service outside the office is quick and cheap. ($10 for 2 copies)

My details

PD EB3-1/1998
485 RD 8/99

Transferred from TSC 1/02, papers reached PHI in May. FP'ed again in June. Was not called for interview.

During stamping PP, are they accepting the ADIT pictures with spectacles? Please clarify me. From pictures of passport to the pictures of EAD, I have spects in all. Even in interim EAD, INS officer only took the picture of my side face with spects.

My case got approved on 26th (RD 08/15/01) and I may have to go to NC INS for stamping. Waiting for approval letter. Please clarify me whether I can take ADIT pictures with spects. I wear them all the time. Thank you.