Philadelphia Passport Stamping experience 9/16

madu

Registered Users (C)
We got our passports stamped yesterday (9/16). Thought I should share our experiences: We arrived at 16th & Callowhill Street around 7:00AM. There were around 20 people in front of us. The line increased to around 50-60 people by the time the door opened at 7:30AM. After we went through security check, got our tokens and sat down, it was already 8:00AM. We were called to a window 30 minutes later. The officer stamped our passports, took our fingerprints, and we were out of the door at 8:45AM. The office took our EAD cards, but she didn't take AP documents. Things to bring:

1. Passport
2. Photo ID (driver license, passport might work too)
3. Photos (there are several photo trucks outside the building)
4. EAD
5. I-94 (it should be on your passport)
6. Approval letter

Hope this helps.

P.S. For several times I've noticed there was a big line on the street when I passed Vine St ramp onto I-676 west and was always wondering what that for, and now I know......

:p

madu,
congrats !

I had my stamping on 19th. on my passport stamping officer had written E37 is approved on 9/10/2002 . I thought it should be I485 is approved. for my wife it is "E39 is approved ". do you have the same or it is I485. I appreciate your response.
Thanks

Congrats to you too! I looked at our passports again. Yes mine says E26 and my wife's says E27. Don't have a clue what that means......

madu & bangy02

Congratulations to you both!! Thanks for your experience details.

Is there parking available near the INS office? Please tell.
Thanks.

Sammy

Parking @Callowhill Street

Yes, off street parking is avialable. There a re a number parking garages around there including one at Hahnemann Univesity Hospital which is a block away.

Goodluck

I was told the off street parking (meter) is only 2-hour and sometime it isn't long enough, so I parked in a garage at 17th & callowhill st (I guess the name is philadelphia community college garage). To my surprise, they only charged us $2.00 for 2 hours parking.

printed this thread and will bring w/ me

I have printed this thread and will bring w/ me when i acturally go there for stamping... will let you know my experience.