Philadelphia Interview Experience..Anybody?? Please!!!

RAsungod

Registered Users (C)
There must be somebody here that has gone to a Philly Interview...

Mine is for June 9, 2006, and I would like get some information before, like what it was like...the officers, procedure etc etc..

C'mon folks...Help Out....

I think I posted a response...

This was relating to A philly interview.

My friend had a very complicated case... He was employed in Kuwait, escaped during the gulf war(Indian citizen). Filed political assylum and got his GC.

His interview for Citizenship was few weeks ago and he had a very detailed intervoew for well over 1 hr, he was asked a number of probing questions relating to even his stuff before his GC.

So if yours is such a case, prepare well....

Thank you for the response. My case is, I am happy to say, a fairly simple one. How has the friend's case fared? Any other details...?
Thanks

Details:
PD: 3/6/06
FP: 3/25/06
FBI FP OK to USCIS: 3/26/06
Case Status Not Found Date: Approx~ 4/30/06
Interview Notice: 5/2/06
Interview Date: 6/9/06

He was real worried..

The interview started on a very casual note as the officer asked him some question about his home country and how the situation is etc, etc.

At first my friends did not put 2+2 together, then he realized that the officer was asking a lot relating to his green card application.

It seems after the first few minutes he said I need to get an additional file and left the room, then my friend looks the the file and immediately he saw his handwring on his Green card application, he immedialtly understood what the office was trying to get at.

He also said that in between he would suddenly be asked one history question like " So why did the Pilgrims come to America", "What was the name of their ship etc". He said that he was almost asked 25 history questions during his 1.5 hr interview.

He said that he almost felt that he would be rejected... finally when he was told you passed, he was elated.

I see some timelines here and I am concerned..

How do I find out if my name check is complete?

Applied Feb 11 06
FP Done Mar 25 06
I have not received anything yet..?

I called USCIS and they are totally useless.. dont have any info other than the standard info on the case status online..

When will I receive notice for Interview?

Please post your timelines.. (Esp. for philly)

I see another timeline here applied in march and already having interview dates..

Should I be proactive and call or make appointments and followup..

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also in the Philly DO and have applied start of Jan 06 Not heard anything after FP which was in the middle of March of 06.
Seems like they are totally random, or they just pick up the names that are easy to pronounce ! Your guess is as good as mine.

gs-citizen said:
I see some timelines here and I am concerned..

How do I find out if my name check is complete?

Applied Feb 11 06
FP Done Mar 25 06
I have not received anything yet..?

I called USCIS and they are totally useless.. dont have any info other than the standard info on the case status online..

When will I receive notice for Interview?

Please post your timelines.. (Esp. for philly)

I see another timeline here applied in march and already having interview dates..

Should I be proactive and call or make appointments and followup..

I would suggest that you check with the FBI FP infoline (the number is floating around somewhere) and they are very nice and will provide immediate info on whether your FP were processed and returned to the USCIS. Also, if your case status disappears from the online USCIS system, then you should receive an interview notice within a few days, which was my experience.