Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

4 months after Recruitment Ad

Celebrating 5 months of In Process/Final Review now Hope the hard(ly) working folks at the super efficient PBEC do manage to get some time to look at and process my case.

raydon,

My case is also in process after posting the ad for more than 4 months now. I think there are some folks at the PBEC who have some files which are on their desks and have gone on a 3 month long vacation, because I see some cases get their approval soon after the ad is posted and the recruitment results sent to DOL, while i do NOT see a movement in my case even after 3 months of sending the recruitment results

Hang on there, hopefully we have a better faith than the thousands of illegal immigrants who are going to be fine entering il-legally

Finally My 2002 case is certified(ONLINE) from PBEC

Saw my status changed to "certified" this morning...Now waiting for the paper!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
PD: Aug, 2002
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05
Received Case Reopened letter from PBEC: 9/29/2005 ( dated 9/23/2005)
ETA Case Number: P-0430x-xxxxx
Case Closed 4 times, and reopened 3 times automatically!!!!
Case Opened 4th time: July 21, 2006 ( after a lot of hurdles....)
Case certified ( ONLINE) May 21, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
contacting info

Today I got an email from the attorney saying the public disclosure system now shows my case as CERTIFIED. He has contacted PBEC to confirm. I had stopped checking it out. Was depressing to see the "denied". He expects hard copy in 30 days. I will believe it when I see it. 5 years and 7 months.

Hi NYOCT2001,

congradulations for your labor clearence from this years of mess.

How your lawyer contacted PBEC, is there a phone number other than 202-693-3010 or else is there any other work around.

I got NOF in NOV 2006, but they sent NOF letter to my company's old address, so we didn't recieved the NOF letter, and they waited 35 days and they denied the labor.

My lawyer sent couple of mails to status request E-Mail Address, but he didn't get any response from them.

Thanks in advance.

Dude, where's my labor certification !!!

How do you know your case is in Final Review. Public Disclosure website only shows In Process, right? Please throw some light.

Thanks,

sunskiran,
Until sometime back, the PBEC used to send screenshots in response to email requests. That has stopped now. It is from those screenshots that I know the status to be 'Final Review'. Apparently the person assigned for Data Entry has not found time from important things like vacation etc to do the relatively unimportant (in his/her view) tasks such as working on the cases assigned. Waiting for this realization to dawn on them so that they can get started sometime.:mad: :mad: :mad:

That's the secret behind the Final Review (of god knows what and for how long), unless it has changed since. Of course, the PDS website only shows it as 'In Process'.

The worrying part of all this is that if visa dates continue moving forward, I won't be able to file for I-140/485 if my priority date becomes current due to pending labor. Call that a cruel irony or rotten luck, if/when that happens.

Still waiting for certified papers

Hi All,

Even after more than a month I am still waiting for the certified copies.

Any body waiting that long for hard copies?

I can't apply for I-140 premium because I don't have certified copy, I have to apply for H1 extension before june 19th.

Any body knows if I apply H1 extension in normal mode and once I get certification papers , I apply for I-140 in premium and once it gets approved can I use this to convert my pending H1 to Premium to get 3 yr extension?

Thanks,
Suryam

Received papers

Our attorney's have received the Certfied papers yesterday evening. same minute went for Medical checkup.

PBEC is still a nightmare for me. The moment I think of PBEC. I do not get sleep. Praying his almighty to relieve the remaining victims out of this hell.

LC Papers Received

My attorney has just informed me that my certified LC papers have been received by their office. This officially marks the end of my PBEC journey. Of course, the Green Card journey is far from over, but this marks a very significant milestone. I wish all the best to the folks that are still waiting, I hope everyone sees a positive outcome soon. :)

Labor certified

I just noticed in the website that my labor has been certified. I'm yet to get the confirmation letter from my attorney. It took 5 years for my labor to get certified!:mad:

-------------------------------
P-XXXXX-44272
RIR
CERTIFIED on 5/22/2007
PD : 5/23/2002

Are PBEC systems down?

My company lawyer is trying to contact PBEC and the para-legal says that the system is down at PBEC. Has anyone else heard of this?

I heard the same thing from my Human Resource Today

My HR said that the system is down at PBEC.

My company lawyer is trying to contact PBEC and the para-legal says that the system is down at PBEC. Has anyone else heard of this?

NY/EB3/RIR
PD June 2002
online STATUS " IN PROCESS"
Time since Departure = 5 years (next month).:mad:
Waiting for the Sunny Day.

PBEC system still down

My HR said that the system is down at PBEC.

Thanks Blackhole2002,

I can now trust that what my lawyer says is true. I doubt them because earlier, they mentioned there is no way we can check the status with PBEC while they could have checked by calling the number specified.

She called at 4 pm(EST) and mentions the system is still down. Lets see if the system comes up again tomorrow morning

Thank you all. This site has been a valuable source of information and support. Reading all the posts has been informative and reassuring. All the info is in my signature. Its taken 5 years and 7 months. Yesterday the lawyer got the hard copy of the LC. He is filing i-40 and i-485 concurrently. Wish you all the very best.

Finally Received Certified Copies

Hi All,

My employer received originals of labor certification.
1.5 months after the Online status showed CERTIFIED.

After almost 4 years of wait got certification.

Trying to apply for I-140 premium and apply for 3 yr H1/H4 extensions by mid June.

Thanks to all in this forum. Wish you good luck for rest of the applicants waiting for approval.

With best wishes
Suryam

Please post PBEC status when their system is back up and running

My Attorney is calling PBEC since yesterday and has reported 'System Down at BEC':(

Please post PBEC status when their system is back up and running

Concurrent filing?

Congrats Surya,
Since your date is current, wont you be filing 140 and 485 concurrently?

Hi All,

My employer received originals of labor certification.
1.5 months after the Online status showed CERTIFIED.

After almost 4 years of wait got certification.

Trying to apply for I-140 premium and apply for 3 yr H1/H4 extensions by mid June.

Thanks to all in this forum. Wish you good luck for rest of the applicants waiting for approval.

With best wishes
Suryam

Pending labor cert...

Hello everyone. This is my first post here and I just wanted to ask about the pending labor cert. My case was closed and was re-opened back in October 2006 - it has been pending until now. My priority date is June 2004, a colleague of mine got approved already and I applied before he did. Mine is still PROCESSING when you check it. I am worried, is my case at the bottom of the pile now since it was re-opened? any thoughts and or advice is greatly appreciated...:(