Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Any Report ??

Here is the status on cases process last week.

Last week:

Center Philly Dallas
Certified 1722 775
Closed 192 0
Denied 234 142
Withdraw 119 362

For details and most active cases see attached files.

Hi,
Did you run the report for last week.

thanks
SRS

My paralegal told me that they replied to the NOF on 31 march itself...
No documents required from you...
Did not tell me what it was about and I did not press too hard...
Nowadays my attorney and paralegal are not so cooperative as they used to be...It looks like the company had some fallout with them...

----------------------
PD July 7, 2004, EB3/RIR/NJ
NOF received some time in March
NOF rebutted on Mar 31, 2007...
Fingers crossed...Praying....

Did PBEC slow down in the last couple of weeks... there were lot of approvals a month ago and now they are down to a trickle...

Now that there is only six months left i dont think they will do the approval tasks all the way to the end. About mid august they will probably start bundling up records and winding down... which means we get probably about 4-4.5 months to get all the cases either approved/rejected.

or alternately as a special provision they let the perm guys to adjudicate the remaining cases after sept....:confused:

It is hard to imagine they will finish the cases. They are not even done with all the RIR cases so far which requires minimal processing on their side as compared to TR and the TR cases I believe are the most common ones. Besides just recently they were encouraging the TRs to convert o RIR which is not a good sign. If they were to meet the deadline, they will not like hassle with the existing cases. I am thinking what will be the future after the sept 30 deadline!?

Labor Denied - followup questions.

My labor ( priority date: July 2003) was denied in Feb. We have been pursuing to reopen the case. DOL has been positive and they might reopen the case. But in the meantime, my H-1 will expire in Sept,07. I also have an approved PERM labor with priority date of May,2006. My attorney plans to file for I-140 using the PERM labor and then apply for 3 year extension using the approved I-140. In case the old labor gets approved, he plans to withdraw the I-140 filed using PERM and then reapply I-140 using old labor. I had my doubts about this approach. Below are my questions (doubts). Any help in the regard is greatly appreciated.

1) How much time does it take for I-140 withdrawal process? Can we simultaneaously file 2 I-140's or is it mandatory to withdrawn one before filing the other?

2) If I am taking a 3 year extension using an I-140 filed with my PERM labor, does it become void once I withdraw my I-140. If that's the case, am I going to be out of status?

3) Can I apply for a 1 year extension (using my PERM labor) ? I believe that the validity of this 1 year extension has nothing to do with I-140 withdrawal. Is this correct?

4) I am hearing rumours of a new law being passed ( the 45 day rule) that will void a PERM labor incase we dont apply for I-140 within 45 days of its approval. Since my PERM labor is apply in May last year, if I am filing for I-140 before the rule passes but withdrawing it later ( contingent upon my getting my old labor approved), would that also void my 1 year extension?

5) If DOL changes my old labor status to 'In Process' again ( currently it shows as 'Denied'), can I apply for 1-year extension using the old labor and still continue with my I-140 filing using PERM labor?

Hi,
Did you run the report for last week.

thanks
SRS
Still waiting for Data from Somasaker. He had issue with his internet connection and could not collect data on weekend. Hopefully we will put reports by tonight.

Thanks for patience.

can file multi I-140...no need to withdraw..

My labor ( priority date: July 2003) was denied in Feb. We have been pursuing to reopen the case. DOL has been positive and they might reopen the case. But in the meantime, my H-1 will expire in Sept,07. I also have an approved PERM labor with priority date of May,2006. My attorney plans to file for I-140 using the PERM labor and then apply for 3 year extension using the approved I-140. In case the old labor gets approved, he plans to withdraw the I-140 filed using PERM and then reapply I-140 using old labor. I had my doubts about this approach. Below are my questions (doubts). Any help in the regard is greatly appreciated.

1) How much time does it take for I-140 withdrawal process? Can we simultaneaously file 2 I-140's or is it mandatory to withdrawn one before filing the other?

2) If I am taking a 3 year extension using an I-140 filed with my PERM labor, does it become void once I withdraw my I-140. If that's the case, am I going to be out of status?

3) Can I apply for a 1 year extension (using my PERM labor) ? I believe that the validity of this 1 year extension has nothing to do with I-140 withdrawal. Is this correct?

4) I am hearing rumours of a new law being passed ( the 45 day rule) that will void a PERM labor incase we dont apply for I-140 within 45 days of its approval. Since my PERM labor is apply in May last year, if I am filing for I-140 before the rule passes but withdrawing it later ( contingent upon my getting my old labor approved), would that also void my 1 year extension?

5) If DOL changes my old labor status to 'In Process' again ( currently it shows as 'Denied'), can I apply for 1-year extension using the old labor and still continue with my I-140 filing using PERM labor?

Slashy,

Your lawyer is going in right direction, the only thing you can suggest him is, not to withdraw your I-140 at any point.

The reason : when you will get your old labor approved, you can again file I-140 and can have earlier PD.

You can file multiple I-140 without any issue.

eg: In my case i have regular RIR labor approved with PD June03 in EB3 and also got my I-140 approved. Now we are going to file a new PERM labor in EB2 and will file another I-140 and will port the PD of already apporved I-140.

NOTE: But in my case for both labor the job site are different and so for I-140. You have to consult to some independent lawyer to go into right direction and don't rely 100% on my quote.

CAlcawaiting ( now for PERM )

Last edited by a moderator:
PBEC Backlog Public Disclosure System

Folks,
My labor certification status on the Backlog Public Disclosure System showed "CERTIFIED" a couple months ago (February). My attorney has even filed for I-140. This morning I visited the "http://pds.pbls.doleta.gov/" page only to find my case status stated as "DENIED".
Has anyone else experienced this with the Disclosure System? I wonder if this is an error or if my I-140 has been rejected. My question is - is the Public Backlog Disclosure System strictly for Labor Certification statuses or do they update it for other stages as well? Is the online system known to show erroneous results?

Unfortunately, my attorney is out of office today and will only be back tomorrow. I will post more updates later if available.

-----------------------------------------
Case # P-05152-nnnnn
PD : Nov, 2004
SWA: PA/RIR/EB2
45 Day Letter Recd & Replied: 01/25/06
Case Approved: 02/23/2007
I-140 Filed: 03/13/2007
-----------------------------------------

Finally........ after 5 years and 2 months ..Approved

Hi

I have been frequent visitor to this forum .Thanks to all of you for your support in this long and never ending ordeal .....which finally came to an end today.

Now the new ordeal begins for I-140 and for the visa numbers for I-485:confused:

Here are my details

---------------------------
Case # P-05020-3****
PD : Feb, 2002
SWA: NC/TR/EB3
Approved by State : Oct 2004 and sent to PBEC directly
(Never made to Regional)
45 Day Letter Recd & Replied: 02/25/05
Online Status: Approved (as of 4/10/2007)

Thanks

Finally !!!! My Online Case Status Shows CERTIFIED Today !!!

It's my turn to share my good news on this forum today as my case status shows CERTIFIED after a long wait of 3 years and 10 months.

For PW NOF it took 2.5 months to clear after rebuttal. Info Screen shot was showing Final Review and with revised PW immediately after rebuttal was sent. Even then it took 2.5 months to clear.

It's a long journey and great relief for getting out of this PBEC mess.

At least now I can apply for I-140 premium and can apply for 3 yr extension before my 8 yr H1 expiry date mid-June once I get EB3 I-140 approved.

My fate is unlucky all along as my original 2001 EB2 labor had an RFE even though rest of the colleagues labors went thru. Attorney suggested to withdrew my old case and apply for new RIR in June 2003 in EB3 ( came to know later that the new one was applied in EB3 even though i had enough experience for EB2). Even if we have continued the old one in TR mode I would have got the GC by now even in TR mode. Even the new EB-3 labor had an RFE at state level and later approved and moved to SFO DOL before it went to PBEC. The agony continued at PBEC all these days. All my colleagues who applied along with me got approvals from DBEC and some got approval from PBEC long ago without any NOF. But for my bad luck I got NOF for PW at PBEC in December,2006

What are my best options now to avoid age-out problem in next 2 years for my children?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Will update this forum once I get my Certified papers.

This forum is very helpful and informative and thanks to all active members who have been giving good suggestions.

Thanks to you all & wish you good luck and soon all of you will be out of this loop soon.

Lc Hard Copy Received

I am so happy my lc was approved on last friday today my employer and attroney has received ETA 750 hard copy

SO ALL SET TO FILE I-140/I-485 CONCURRENTLY

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU

TANVEER

You will still be affected by retrogession.

I am so happy my lc was approved on last friday today my employer and attroney has received ETA 750 hard copy

SO ALL SET TO FILE I-140/I-485 CONCURRENTLY

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU

TANVEER

Tanveer, visa numbers for EB3 485 filing are still not available for your priority date.

Your old buddy

Hello my fello PBEC friends,
How are you all? Do you guys remember me. I am visiting this forum after a long time.

Good for you

I just updated my signature. This will tell you the whole story
Sorry to say, good for you. Losing your first job has done has actually good for you as you could file in EB2. But at the same time, i do understand your frustration till that time, you captured your old PD. Good luck.

Where are you my friend? GC approved or waiting? Some of us are still lurking around.

Hello Caliber how are you?. I am sorry you are still waiting for approval.
Read my signature. You'll come to know my whole story.

Since you have 2002 PD like mine you can try to do the same(recapture old PD).

Good luck to you.