Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Certified Hard Copy still not received yet.

My case was online certified on 01-08-2007, no hard copy yet.
How long will it take to receive the hard copy after online certified in general?
Thanks

N_Hampshire said:
Certified Hard Copy Received
today 2/5/2007
online approval was on 1/18/2007 :)

I'm in a similar situation, facing problem of child aging out.

nyoct2001 said:
I am from India...very retrogressed...lol. Right now EB3's are in May 2001. Considering the present rate getting to Oct 2001 could take 6 years...unless there is a miracle. The situation is so ridiculous..in part we come here for our kids and if they are not going to get it it seems pointless. Is there anyone else in this situation where it is likely that their child will age out? Is there anything that can be done?
Any info will be much appreciated.

I've sought various opinions and have tried various methods to get a more appropriate answer / reason for delay. All efforts have been futile so far. Looks like we've no option but to wait for PBEC mercy who seem to have taken the role of the creator/destroyer of lives for those whose labor certification is pending approval for years, while they work on more recent cases.

Unless you've other options, hang in there and hope for the best.

sunskiran said:
I've sought various opinions and have tried various methods to get a more appropriate answer / reason for delay. All efforts have been futile so far. Looks like we've no option but to wait for PBEC mercy who seem to have taken the role of the creator/destroyer of lives for those whose labor certification is pending approval for years, while they work on more recent cases.

seriously, is there absolutely no way out of this mess?
I know many people have said lawsuits cannot be filed against govt agencies based on inefficiency, but in this country of lawsuits, I cant believe some lawyer has not come up with some loophole to get faster processing.
Or what about all on this thread calling the officials at DOL? who is the top person there?

hello everyone,

i got RI's on october 26, 06 of last year, but due to error in
my lawyer's address, it was never recieved.

so my lawyer sended a fax on Jan 30, 07, and we still haven't heard from the PBEC yet.

does anyone know how long it takes for PBEC to reply back to a fax or time frame for any reply what so ever?...

thank you in advance for the insights.

sunskiran said:

The reason for delay I suppose is because the demand far exceeds the quota. My son is in college now. He came here at the elementary school age. Its seems a shame that he would not be able to get the GC after all these years. Wonder if there is a petition out there that we could sign with regard to this matter. Or otherwise start one.

DOL conforms Sep 2007 Deadline

Here is the extract of DOL press release I found in AILA-

Backlog Reduction
Approximately 362,000 unprocessed Permanent Labor Certification cases were stacked up awaiting determinations under the previous regulation. ETA established two Backlog Processing Centers, one each in Dallas and Philadelphia, with the sole purpose of eliminating the backlog. As of January 25,2007, the backlog has been reduced 67 percent and is on track to be eliminated by September 30,2007.

What the hell does Data Review mean??

My EB2 RIR case from VA (Oct 04) is still sitting in PBEC and shows Data Review . Lot of people from VA who applied after me got approved and a few of them are in "In Process".

Can some one enlighten me what the hell is going on? Looks like mine will be approved on 9/30/07. Crap

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
hello everyone,

i got RI's on october 26, 06 of last year, but due to error in
my lawyer's address, it was never recieved.

so my lawyer sended a fax on Jan 30, 07, and we still haven't heard from the PBEC yet.

does anyone know how long it takes for PBEC to reply back to a fax or time frame for any reply what so ever?...

thank you in advance for the insights.

Waitingfor4+yrs, no one know the exact time for PBEC to reply back. It's all depends on the person who handle your case. It could be fast it could be long or it even could get lost. (pray for the best).

My suggestion to you is keep following up with your lawyer. Asked them to diligently contact PBEC requesting the status and confirm if PBEC already received the fax. You can also actively contact PBEC (call and call and call).

Good luck :)

Silly Question, may be, but an imp one for me

Hi all,

Is there a way to find out my PBEC case number. My company lawyer is normally pretty forthcoming, but refuses to provide me with this information. I would appreciate any help regarding this.

Thanks,

mf.

mumbai_friend said:
Hi all,

Is there a way to find out my PBEC case number. My company lawyer is normally pretty forthcoming, but refuses to provide me with this information. I would appreciate any help regarding this.

Thanks,

mf.

Write an email to 'h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us' asking for 7th year extension proof. They will send your complete detail including tracking number.

You need to specify following:

Your name
Company Name
Filing Date
Processing Type (RIR or TR)

Prevailing Wage

I used my work email to send a screenshot request to H1B7YR [H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US], and surprisingly got a reply in 20 minutes. But the screenshot doesn't have any specific status info, it only has:

ETA Case Number: P-05014-28xxx
Priority Date: 03/26/2004
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: State
Employer Name: xxxxxxxx CO.
Business Activity:MANUFACTURING, DIVERSIFIED SERVICES, TECHNOLOGY
Occupation Title: xxxxxxxxx ENGINEER (this is not my title but the closest job the lawyer can find in the job database back in 2004)
Occupation Code: xxxxxxxxx
Rate of Pay: $ 6xxxx / Yearly
Prevailing Wage:$ 29037 / Yearly
Alien Name: xxxxxxxxxxx
Visa Type:H-1B
Nationality or Citizenship: xxxxx
Case Received Date: 03/26/2004
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

The scary part is it shows my case source is State but my case is RIR and cleared in State in April, 2004, way before it was moved to PBEC. Anyone know if this is an error and we need to contact PBEC to fix it?

Second, the "rate of pay" was the prevailing wage my lawyer found out in the job bank for that position and almost same as I made in 2004, that's why my lawyer put in E750 form to ensure the rate of pay was not lower than prevailing wage, but now PBEC shows the prevailing wage was only $29037/year, will this cause a problem???

Any help is appreciated!

Lower Prev. wage than the Rate of Pay is not a problem you should be good.

(Edit: Initially typed as higher)

PBECVictim10000 said:
I used my work email to send a screenshot request to H1B7YR [H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US], and surprisingly got a reply in 20 minutes. But the screenshot doesn't have any specific status info, it only has:

Occupation Title: xxxxxxxxx ENGINEER (this is not my title but the closest job the lawyer can find in the job database back in 2004)

The scary part is it shows my case source is State but my case is RIR and cleared in State in April, 2004, way before it was moved to PBEC. Anyone know if this is an error and we need to contact PBEC to fix it?

Second, the "rate of pay" was the prevailing wage my lawyer found out in the job bank for that position and almost same as I made in 2004, that's why my lawyer put in E750 form to ensure the rate of pay was not lower than prevailing wage, but now PBEC shows the prevailing wage was only $29037/year, will this cause a problem???

Any help is appreciated!

same here

Cool. I just sent an email from my work email and got the screenshot. Mine shows the Case Source as "State", eventhough the supervised recruitment was completed and sent to federal(Atlanta) on Jan 2005.

PBECVictim10000 said:

Any help is appreciated!

Certified

Today my online status changed to "Certified".

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting to see the certified status.

Case No: P-05145-41XXX
Type: RIR-EB3
PD: 01/19/2005
45 day letter: Jun 13, 2006
Online Status : Certified on 07-FEB-2007
Processing Center: PBEC
Old Regional office : CT

can I get screenshot eventhough I am not filing 7th year extention ?

PBECVictim10000 if you read this post please answer.

cool. I want to get a screenshot too. But the problem is I am not near filing 7th year extention. I have just renewed my H1 for 3 more years. Can I still go ahead and request screenshot ?

PBECVictim10000, what is your situation ? Did you request the screenshot just for your satisfaction or you really needed it to file 7th year extention ?

PBECVictim10000 said:

Any help is appreciated!

lengthyLabor said:
PBECVictim10000 if you read this post please answer.

cool. I want to get a screenshot too. But the problem is I am not near filing 7th year extention. I have just renewed my H1 for 3 more years. Can I still go ahead and request screenshot ?

PBECVictim10000, what is your situation ? Did you request the screenshot just for your satisfaction or you really needed it to file 7th year extention ?
Yes, u can get screenshot. I sent a mail to PBEC and got reply within 30 minutes.

H1B transfer after labor approval in 8th year

Hi,
I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question.

1. Currently in my 7th year (completing in May 2007).
2. Current Company has already filed for 8th year extension in Dec 2006, but still waiting for approval.
3. Got by labor certified (checked online) through Philadelphia BEC last week (Feb 2nd - still waiting for letter) with the PD of Jan 2005.
4. Haven't filed for I140 yet.

I have no issues with the current company but Company 'B' (present client, good one) is willing to file for my H1B. As the approved labor was filed in EB3 category and based on the current retrogressed dates for 485 (May 2001). Not sure how many more years it would take for me to be eligible to file 485.

Since joining company ‘B’ will be very good for my carrier, hence I am very keen to join them.

Following are my questions
1. Can I change employers at this stage?

2. If so what should Company 'B' do to file for H1B?
Can they file labor via PERM and than I140? If both labor and I140 are certified by May 2008 (which seems to be possible looking ate current trend) can they file for 3 years extension.

3. Can I still maintain my priority date of Jan 2005 (current approved labor)?

4. Will there be any issues during visa revalidation in India with just 2 months valid on my current H1. Not sure if I would recieve the 8th year extension approval before I leave (planning to go in first week for March).

Please advice. Greatly appreciated.

Regards

Time to mail certified LC

My LC came after 2 weeks a friend’s LC came after 5 days in the beginning of Dec 2006. I read some posts that they waited longer than that. Congrats to all new certified members and good luck to all.

PALC said:
My case was online certified on 01-08-2007, no hard copy yet.
How long will it take to receive the hard copy after online certified in general?
Thanks

Hard copy of approved labor

The online system showed my labor as been approved on 30/Jan and I still waiting on my hard copy. I hope I get it soon as my 8th year extension needs to be sent by april 1st week and I really hope to apply for a 3-year extension after filing for premium I-140. I see so many ppl having to wait for a couple of weeks to get their labor in the mail. Even after approval, there are still some headaches. Good luck to all