Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Congratulations

Congrats....

manwithnoname said:
this morning my online status changed to certified!! no details about the certified documents yet ... necessary details are in my signature

i know the feeling

sunskiran said:
While congratulating all those whose cases are getting certified, I've stopped believing in many virtues I grew up with. The injustice to 2001 & 2002 pending cases is unexplainable.

Do WE have any way out here? My efforts in having my employer and attorney write to PBEC did not yield any result except for the standard letter that the case is in process and they do not provide any further detail on individual cases. My own telephonic conversation with PBEC had the same outcome.

Is there any collective way to impress on PBEC about the long overdue cases?

I feel your pain too as I am experiencing it personally. I hope that our tolerance pays off in the steps ahead.
As much as I am happy for those who are getting certified - I can't help feeling depressed about not knowing when I can share such good news.

congratulations!

manwithnoname said:
this morning my online status changed to certified!! no details about the certified documents yet ... necessary details are in my signature

Great news for you. Hope the steps ahead are smooth sailing.

Moving from EB2 to EB1 after I-140 is approved

hi everyone,
I don't know whether this is a right forum to ask this question. But please help me if anybody have the answer. I have a LC application pending at BEC . Assuming it gets approved and premium processing I-140, I might have I-140 in hand sometimes next year. Now, I am doing PhD which is about to finish by the same time. So my question is , is there a way that I can move to EB1 ? If there is do I have to start all over from the Labor certification stage ? what is the procedure ? Anybody in the same situation ?

lengthyLabor said:
hi everyone,
I don't know whether this is a right forum to ask this question. But please help me if anybody have the answer. I have a LC application pending at BEC . Assuming it gets approved and premium processing I-140, I might have I-140 in hand sometimes next year. Now, I am doing PhD which is about to finish by the same time. So my question is , is there a way that I can move to EB1 ? If there is do I have to start all over from the Labor certification stage ? what is the procedure ? Anybody in the same situation ?
------------

What was the requirement for job in your labor application?

lengthyLabor said:
hi everyone,

If you move to the EB1 category, no Labor Certification will be necessary. Your priority date from the current GC process, at the moment won't be of much use because the EB1 PD is current. For EB1 upgrade, the job requirements of the sponsor should justify your qualifications.

manwithnoname,

Thanks for the reply. when you say "the job requirements of the sponsor should justify your qualifications" I don't understand clearly. Does that mean that I have to refile I-140 with new job requirements and get it approved and go for concurrent filing of I-485 with that ?

manwithnoname said:
If you move to the EB1 category, no Labor Certification will be necessary. Your priority date from the current GC process, at the moment won't be of much use because the EB1 PD is current. For EB1 upgrade, the job requirements of the sponsor should justify your qualifications.

lengthyLabor said:
manwithnoname,

Thanks for the reply. when you say "the job requirements of the sponsor should justify your qualifications" I don't understand clearly. Does that mean that I have to refile I-140 with new job requirements and get it approved and go for concurrent filing of I-485 with that ?

Not exactly, for the EB1 case you have the option for concurrent (new) I-140 and I-485 filing. Please note that a EB1 beneficiary needs a sponsoring employer who will justify the need of a person of your qualification in their job requirement.

To be frank, I don't know that part of the Form 750 I did not see. But I think the attorneys must have put MS degree or BS and equivalent years of experience.

Days_go_by said:
------------

What was the requirement for job in your labor application?

lengthyLabor said:
hi everyone,

Don't worry about that. For EB1, there is no Labor.
Obviously you have to file new 140.
For EB1, I think 485 is current, so you can file simultainously.

And I'm sure, for filing GC under EB1, your employer will have a strong justification on the PHd requirement for the job.

Congrats

Great news, congrats to you bad news for me, my LC is more than 20 days earlier and still in process, I guess trouble is comming!! Good luck to you.
manwithnoname said:

blues22 said:
Don't worry about that. For EB1, there is no Labor.
Obviously you have to file new 140.
For EB1, I think 485 is current, so you can file simultainously.

And I'm sure, for filing GC under EB1, your employer will have a strong justification on the PHd requirement for the job.
---------
you are right, my bad, thanks for correcting me.

N_Hampshire said:
Great news, congrats to you bad news for me, my LC is more than 20 days earlier and still in process, I guess trouble is comming!! Good luck to you.

Not necessarily bad news, yours is a regional case. If you look at the tracker and sort records by approval date, you will observe that the PD of the approvals in last 1 month, are dispersed and not in a strict FIFO.

Please update my info.

Please update my info. in the tracker

PD: 10/21/2004
45 Day Letter Received: 09/27/2005
45 Day Letter Replied: 09/27/2005
Case Number: P-05157-XXXXX
Current Status: In Process

manwithnoname said:
Not necessarily bad news, yours is a regional case. If you look at the tracker and sort records by approval date, you will observe that the PD of the approvals in last 1 month, are dispersed and not in a strict FIFO.

Does all fields have to be filled out on the H1B 7 year renew scre

If there are still some fields blank, is there some possibility that the LC will be approved soon? I have bad feeling, it may take me more time to get my LC approved because I just got the H1 B 7 year extension screenshot, the prevailing wage is still blank.
My PD is 09/01/2004.

NYC2001 said:
I feel your pain too as I am experiencing it personally. I hope that our tolerance pays off in the steps ahead.
As much as I am happy for those who are getting certified - I can't help feeling depressed about not knowing when I can share such good news.

Hi i am in the same boat....

do you think that PBEC just need to be reminded that there are number of cases from 2001 / 2002 and they should first scan all files that they are left with and and pick the earliest and approve it first rather that just doing in random fashion...

do u think if one of us call then and tell them this it will help

if only a call could do wonders ??????

manny1 said:
Hi i am in the same boat....

do you think that PBEC just need to be reminded that there are number of cases from 2001 / 2002 and they should first scan all files that they are left with and and pick the earliest and approve it first rather that just doing in random fashion...

do u think if one of us call then and tell them this it will help

I am not sure our calling will help. Remember we are at their mercy and they are definitely not going to take orders from us. But, its worth a try.

Lc Approved

I've been a silent lurker for a while and I wanted to share the good news. My online status shows certified today 01/16/07

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!!

Hi manwithnoname,

My hearty congratulations to you!!!
We are all very thankful for your hardwork to keep the forum alive.

Is anybody in this forum can predict, when my case would be approved based on this damn PBEC trend. :)
Thanks in advance guys.

NJ, RIR, EB2
PD:Dec'11th, 2002
Case No:p-05143-33***
45-day letter: Nov'11th, 2005

manwithnoname said:

Category: EB3-RIR
PD: 03/25/05
45 Days letter received :APR 2006
Case status: In Process
Case Number: P-05173-*****