Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

For MIA_BOS:

Since you are from a non-retrogressed country, you are eligible to file I-140 and I-485 concurrently. You can change jobs (must be similar) 6 months down the line without jeopardizing the GC process through employment. This wait may not be as painful as the LC. On the other hand, there is no employment requirements for immigration through marriage process. Now, weigh the advantages of either process to your situation before taking a decision.

My 2 cents.

still waiting is going on!

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Can following guys confirm that they have not received labor?

bluesky133
gcforwhat
njgc2001
ragini_nj
Caliber
sejalmitesh
StruckCareer
labor_dec02
justdoit
ssdtm
anupal
sp0
NEverGreen
REACH US
kaservice
Johnmp
sachv

manwithnoname said:
For MIA_BOS:

Since you are from a non-retrogressed country, you are eligible to file I-140 and I-485 concurrently. You can change jobs (must be similar) 6 months down the line without jeopardizing the GC process through employment. This wait may not be as painful as the LC. On the other hand, there is no employment requirements for immigration through marriage process. Now, weigh the advantages of either process to your situation before taking a decision.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denied

dsvelan said:
When I'm checking my labor certification statuses, it shows "Denied". This is RIR case. My lawyer had recently received NOF, we rebutted for this. This is happened after 4+ years, the pd is aug,2002. We didn't yet received any reason for the denial.
I'm on my 7th year of H1 extension, it's valid till May'15,2007.
I need your expert advice. What will happen hereafter, whether I need to go back home country? what are my options are?

I'm newbie here and not sure this is right forum. If it's not, please redirect me to the right one

What is the Reason for NOF?

Any one knows how to do the conversion?

Hi, All,

I am also 2002, RIR. I have been waiting for more than 4 years. Not sure what I should do now. Any one have ever made a conversion from RIR to PERM? How to do it? Is it a good idea to do it? I was told the new one has to be the same as the previous one. Any suggestions. Appreciate it!

further update immigration-law, this calrifies further

StressTestInUSA said:
Hi Days_go_by..

According to the 2nd point can you please clarify from your understanding if one is eligible to file H1 right away and not wait for the new H1B quota.

Came to US in 2000 on H4, changed to H1 in Aug 2001 until Feb 2003, changed back to H4. The 6 yr limit on H status in all has been completed in 2005. Now to change back to H4 according to the latest Memo, do we need to wait for the new quota or can file for a H1 now...

Please post your thoughts..

01/02/2007: Strategies to Make Eligible for AC 21 H-1B Extension Beyond Six Year Limit

* Lately the USCIS leaders have liberalized substantially interpretation of the H-visa rules and laws in favor of the H-1B professionals, allowing the H-1B professionals to maintain the H-1B status beyond six year limit without jeopardizing their immigration journey. By now, people understand the rule of 104(c) of AC21 that allows H-1B extension in three year increments beyond six year limit inasmuch as one has the I-140 petition approved. People also know that the 106(a) of AC21 allows them to apply for H-1B extension beyond the six year limit in one-year increments inasmuch as the labor certification or peition was filed before the alien's H-1B six-year limit reaches within 365 days.
* There are however a number of individuals or situations that face a serious problem in meeting the timeline to be qualified for these provisions. For instance, there are a number of people whose labor certificaztion application was or is filed after reaching five years in H-1B six year limit. There are a number of people who either filed a labor certification waiver I-140 petition such as National Interest Waiver or labor certification approved I-140 petitions at the last minute and not qualified for either 104(c) or 106(a) relief. We want to provide here a laundry list of the options such people should consider and act on it as follows:
o Substitution Labor Certification at the stage of labor certification application: If the alien faces close to approval of a labor certification application for someone else and the employer is willing to substitute the beneficiary, he will take over the priority date and can be qualified for the 106(a) H-1B extension beyond six year limit, inasmuch as the labor certification has been pending more than 365 days.
o Substitution Labor Certification at the state of I-140 petition: The same rule will apply in that the substituting alien takes over the priority date. However, since the substitution must be approved by the USCIS, it practically requires the approval of I-140 petition based on the substitution labor certification application. Currently, premium processing of I-140 petition is available inasmuch as the employer can submit "original" approve labor certification. Accordingly, the people in this category must utilize 104(c) three-year increment extension route rather than one-year increment extension route.
o Devices to Delay the Reach of H-1B Six-year Limit: Assuming one has to rely on 106(a) route because the pending labor certification which has yet to be certified, one can consider one of the following devices:
+ Overseas Trip and Recapture of H-1B Time: Current any period of time spent outside of the U.S. can be recaptured. This will allow stretch-out or delay of reaching the six-year limit and making him/her qualified for 7th-year H-1B extension.
+ Change of status back and forth between H-1B and H-4 if both spouses are H-1B professionals: The Aytes memorandum decoupled H-4 from L-1B and any period in H-4 status will not count for H-1B six-year limit. Again this will delay reach of the H-1B six-year limit. Since they have already taken out H-1B cap number, they will not be subject to the H-1B annual cap and will be able to change back to H-1B anytime, even during the period of running out of annual H-1B cap numbers.
+ Change of status back and forth between H-1B and other nonimmigrant status: Aytes memorandum made it clear that one does not have to maintain H-1B status to apply for 106(a) or 104(c) H-1B extension beyond six years. Again this will delay the reach of H-1B six-year limit and making them eligible for 106(a) or 104(c) extension.
o Premium Processing I-140 Petition for Recent PERM Approvals or NIW or EB-1 Professionals: Currently premium processing is available for EB-2 other than NIW and EB-1C Multinational Corporate Executive Petitions. For the PERM labor certification approval professionals, if I-140 is approved via Premium Processing in 15 days, they will be able to file for 104(c) H-1B extension if the visa number is retrogressed for them. If the visa number is not retrogressed, they should utilize the H-1B delay devices which are described above. For the NIW or EB-1 professionals, unless the I-140 petition has been pending longer than 365 days, they will not be eligible for 106(a) extension. Again, should the H-1B six-year limit approach before the I-140 approval, they should take advantage of the delay devices which are described above. If the I-140 petition is denied, they are eligible for 106(a) one-year increment extension pending the decision of the appeal. Accordingly, those who face the I-140 denial close to their H-1B six-year limit, they should not seek a motion to reconsider or motion to reopen as MTRs do not give such benefits. They should immediately file an appeal of denial of I-140 petition. Currently, the processing time of I-140 appeal to AAO longer than a year. This approach will also allow the alien to seek a "second chance" before the AAO reaches a decision. There are a number of aliens who experience a predicament because of the delay in I-140 petition, which fails to meet neither 104(c) opportunity or 106(a) opportunity. Again these people should seriously consider the delay devices which are described above.
o H-1B "Remainder" Device: This rule allow the H-1B aliens who have not exhausted the six-year limit but were absent from the U.S. for longer than one-year. He or she can just apply for the H-1B extension for the remainder period for the H-1B six-year limit without being subject to the H-1B annual cap numbers, or opt to take filing a new H-1B six-year petition if there is no H-1B annual cap number problem.
* There may be some other options to deal with the H-1B professionals who face running out of the H-1B six-year limit. They should seek legal counsel for assistance.

whowastemylife said:
Hi, All,

I am also 2002, RIR. I have been waiting for more than 4 years. Not sure what I should do now. Any one have ever made a conversion from RIR to PERM? How to do it? Is it a good idea to do it? I was told the new one has to be the same as the previous one. Any suggestions. Appreciate it!

Check out the conversion forum under PERM. There are many people who have converted their BEC pending cases to PERM and got approval.

Wtf

Guys,

Believe it or not but for Me in 2 more weeks it will be 2 YEARS since I responded to the 45 day letter.

F**king Crazy is all i can say.

Cause of Denial

Guys!! Today My Lawyer called PBEC regarding my Online Status (which is "DENIED" since Dec 2006). somebody responded from PBEC and told to my Lawyer that NOF Response was not received which was sent in October-2006 that is why my case was turned to DENIED. But as per my Lawyer neither he nor my company received any of NOF letters. Now my Lawyer is saying that he has requested PBEC to re-open my case on the basis of non-received letter, but he is saying that it will take 2-3 months for PBEC to respond on our re-open request.. It is ridiculous, why they need 2-3 Months to just say that whether they will re-open it or not.. And after that I think they will again re-issue NOF and we don't know whether again we'll receive it or not.. I have never seen or even never heard about such a stupid system..

Guys!! Any way do you think they will re-open my case?
did any body face same problem?
I will highly appreciate your suggestions!!

code4food said:
Labor approved online 2/2/07

Thanks - seriously, thanks.!!

It is still January my friend, how did you get it approved in February and know about it now?

Can you see the future maaan!!!

Just kidding dude, Congratulations!!

catch_gc said:
Guys!! Today My Lawyer called PBEC regarding my Online Status (which is "DENIED" since Dec 2006). somebody responded from PBEC and told to my Lawyer that NOF Response was not received which was sent in October-2006 that is why my case was turned to DENIED. But as per my Lawyer neither he nor my company received any of NOF letters. Now my Lawyer is saying that he has requested PBEC to re-open my case on the basis of non-received letter, but he is saying that it will take 2-3 months for PBEC to respond on our re-open request.. It is ridiculous, why they need 2-3 Months to just say that whether they will re-open it or not.. And after that I think they will again re-issue NOF and we don't know whether again we'll receive it or not.. I have never seen or even never heard about such a stupid system..

Guys!! Any way do you think they will re-open my case?
did any body face same problem?
I will highly appreciate your suggestions!!

I don't think there were any similar postings (case status Denied due to no NOF rebuttal) - please keep following up with PBEC. At least BEC didn't reject your request ...

Earlier on non-receipt of a response the case is usually closed and re-opened on subsequent request.

Unbelievable, how come a letter disappear in today's world?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the same situation as yours. My status online is showing DENIED since Nov 22nd. We were told the same thing by PBEC. We had not received the NOF before and after 35 days of issuing NOF, the PBEC denied the case since they didn't get a response.
Its been 5 weeks now since my lawyer requested PEBC to re-open the case but no luck yet. My lawyer says there is no option but to wait and also to file a new case with PERM ASAP.

Online Status DENIED

BEC update

The BPCs are making substantial progress on the pending pre-PERM labor certifications. As of early to mid December 2006, they had just over 142,400 cases pending. When the BPCs were established, they were responsible for processing 340,000 cases. Thus, they have completed over half of the pre-PERM labor certifications.

Of the cases still pending with the BPCs, approximately 59,328 were filed as Reduction in Recruitment (RIR), while just over 85,600 were filed as Traditional Labor Certification (TLC) cases.

--- Source- Murthy.com

MIA_BOS said:
My question is: which process, employer based after the LC approval, or the immediate family (spouse) base application is better at this point? I definitely want go with the less painful and shortest route. Are there any advantages to one method than the other? Are the time frames different from this point on? Are there any risks with one or other that might affect my decision? Can I do them both at the same time? Which application would you go for it were for you?

I reliaze that I might be in somewhat a better position at this point, and I am grateful, but I still need to make the best decision for my and my family's future, so any good advise will be really appreciated.

Thanks to all who share their wisdom and support here.
Best

As I understand, if possible you should continue both processes, family based as well as employment based. I see few benefits in family based. 1) It is sure you will get GC in 6-8 months (if no other issues pops up). 2) In future you are eligible to apply for citizenship in 3-years if your GC is marriage based, where as you have to wait for 5-years, if it is on employment based.

Just an information by a non-professional person.

BEC worked cases

BEC worked cases -- 197600

Closed Cases -- 100,000 (guess)
Wrong NOF or Denied -- 10,000
Daily Cron job which does random updates -- 47,000
Actual cases worked -- 40,600 (Good progress)

GCVIRGO said:
The BPCs are making substantial progress on the pending pre-PERM labor certifications. As of early to mid December 2006, they had just over 142,400 cases pending. When the BPCs were established, they were responsible for processing 340,000 cases. Thus, they have completed over half of the pre-PERM labor certifications.

Of the cases still pending with the BPCs, approximately 59,328 were filed as Reduction in Recruitment (RIR), while just over 85,600 were filed as Traditional Labor Certification (TLC) cases.

--- Source- Murthy.com

Online status as of 01/03/2007: :( In Process. :(

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Can following guys confirm that they have not received labor?

bluesky133
gcforwhat
njgc2001
ragini_nj
Caliber
sejalmitesh
StruckCareer
labor_dec02
justdoit
ssdtm
anupal
sp0
NEverGreen
REACH US
kaservice
Johnmp
sachv

LALOO_PRASAD said:
BEC worked cases -- 197600

Closed Cases -- 100,000 (guess)
Wrong NOF or Denied -- 10,000
Daily Cron job which does random updates -- 47,000
Actual cases worked -- 40,600 (Good progress)
I like this :) Laloo Prasad.