Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

hope this helps

I was in the same boat as you guys when I saw cases got approved with later PD. It was very frustrating to see PBEC couldn't even keep 'first come first serve'. So I asked my lawyer and his response helped a little. He said "The DOL has said they are going to start putting out "official" processing time reports soon, and then they will have a cut-off date so that if a case filed before that date is not processed within a certain time, then we can follow up and inquire."

Hope this makes you guys feel a little better at least.

alabor said:
Count me in. My priority date is aug 2004 :mad: and now PBEC has started approving sep 2004. Don't know why they are skipping some cases and approving the rest. Hopefully, we will get out of this backlog mess atleast next year.

hmm...

GreenMA said:
I was in the same boat as you guys when I saw cases got approved with later PD. It was very frustrating to see PBEC couldn't even keep 'first come first serve'. So I asked my lawyer and his response helped a little. He said "The DOL has said they are going to start putting out "official" processing time reports soon, and then they will have a cut-off date so that if a case filed before that date is not processed within a certain time, then we can follow up and inquire."

yeah it does help a little
just a little so little that
these words hold no meaning
what so ever.
but thank you for sharing though. :]

p.s. and i'm hope you know that i've nothing against you but the fact of the matter is that i'm annoyed with the lawyers and PBEC.

Certified

My labour got certified online today
PD 9/17/2004
EB2 RIR/NC/ Atlanta
45 days letter rcvd. 4/7/2005
45 days letter replied 4/15/2005
I-485 filed(NIW I-140, oct /03) 09/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he is right. These BEC people tell you whatever they want. They play the phyco game with you. They know you wanna hear that they will be processing your case soon, so that's what they will tell you ,even if in reality they won't. But as I told you, I so hope your lawyer is right.
And by the way who is the we in we can follow up and inquire, is that us or the lawyer, the employer or somebody else. I so hope it's us, because most people have a hard time getting their lawyer to do anything except taking their money, and as far as the employer goes, too busy exploiding them, so everybody is on their own. If we can follow up ourselves I know that these people will hear from us on a daily, maybe hourly basis . I am pretty pissed of with them already and I bet the rest of you are too.

GreenMA said:

It took 20 days to get the 140 and 485 out to USCIS after LC appeared approved online

It took 20 days to get the 140 and 485 out to USCIS after LC appeared approved online!

As promised here are some details after LC.

Lawyer asked for all original F1s, F2s, H1s, H4s, original last education diploma and last transcript.
All current and previous passports.
Original marriage certificate.
Asked for all previous employment papers.
Certificates of all trainings mentioned in the ad.
Employment letter from current employer specifying all the jobs mentioned in the ad.
Letter for travel requirement by employer for AP.
Tax papers of employer (Less than 100 employee) for the year LC was applied.
Copies of all W2s from employer from LC application year.
Copies of all my W2s from LC application year.
All my 1040s from the LC application year.
Last four paystubs.
(There were some disagreement between the lawyer and my employer about the necessities of certain financial reports. I was not allowed in the conversations!)
All my membership details of professional organizations.
Two affidavits of birth for each, myself and my wife (birth certificates I submitted were not adequate for some technical reasons).
Name, date and place of birth of parents of both myeslf and my wife.
Medical reports in four sealed envelopes, two for each.
Eight copies of passport photographs for each.
As I did premium, had to arrange a check to USCIS close to three grand excluding lawyer fees.
(I am sure; you all understand this is not the list you may be following. My request, accept the fact that your 140 may not be going out the next day of your LC hardcopy arrival!)

Now I am for another wait! Wish you all a better year ahead!

Same here, not so easy to get those documents.

I would recommend those who are waiting for LC approvals to prepare the following documents ahead of time.
Trust me it will save so much time for you in the future.
I am still collecting those documents after my LC approved.
Especially Tax return from the company (so hard to get it, stupid CPA).
If your company has changed ownership (please include buy-sell agreement or escrow paper into the list--very hard for the company to release those information).
Doctor appointment (INS appproval) and vacine shot report will take time as well.
Birth Certificate must be translated and certified.
W-2 form for the last 3 years.
Pictures 10 each.
The last 6 paychecks receipts and much much more.

So if you prepare your documents while you are waiting for LC approvals. Nothing to lose but it will save your time for the future request. I wish I know this requirement ahead of time, it would save time. :D

Good luck everyone. Hope everyone get LC approvals soon.
Happy New Year :D :D :D

NY02Aug said:
It took 20 days to get the 140 and 485 out to USCIS after LC appeared approved online!

Lawyer asked for all original F1s, F2s, H1s, H4s, original last education diploma and last transcript.
Employment letter from current employer specifying all the jobs mentioned in the ad.
(There were some disagreement between the lawyer and my employer about the necessities of certain financial reports. I was not allowed in the conversations!)
Two affidavits of birth for each, myself and my wife (birth certificates I submitted were not adequate for some technical reasons).
As I did premium, had to arrange a check to USCIS close to three grand excluding lawyer fees.
(I am sure; you all understand this is not the list you may be following. My request, accept the fact that your 140 may not be going out the next day of your LC hardcopy arrival!)

Is 202 number still working?

Hi Every "left over ones",
I think you all like me feeling frustrated and angry while others are celebrating the new year. My PD is Jan 2004, and the status is still in process, I doubt it will be there FOREVER. Did anyone call 202 number recently, is it still working? I'm going to call, I will not trust lawyer or employer.
Thanks for any help.

Feb 2004 here and also still in process. What 202 number are you talking about? Can you post it here. I have 202-693-3010 but you get somebody and then connected to an answering machine. So no help at all.
Thanks
JYW2004 said:
Hi Every "left over ones",
I think you all like me feeling frustrated and angry while others are celebrating the new year. My PD is Jan 2004, and the status is still in process, I doubt it will be there FOREVER. Did anyone call 202 number recently, is it still working? I'm going to call, I will not trust lawyer or employer.
Thanks for any help.

I have some questions that I would appreciate any answers.
What is necessary for the I-140 only?
What is the fee for I-140 regular and how much for premium?
What is the fee for 485?
Is there premium for 485 also?
What papers do you need for 485?
Thanks.

NY02Aug said:

All current and previous passports.
Original marriage certificate.
Last four paystubs.

Answers to some questions

agron said:
I have some questions that I would appreciate any answers.
What is necessary for the I-140 only? Check the I-140 forum...one of them you might want to check ... http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=234548&page=1&pp=15
What is the fee for I-140 regular and how much for premium? Regular = $195 ; Premium fees = $1,000 (in addidition to the $195)
What is the fee for 485?
Is there premium for 485 also?
What papers do you need for 485?
Thanks.

I just got a call from President Bush saying that we all gonna get certified in early 2007! :p
He's also stopping by after work to play some golf. Anyone wanna join? :D

oh man.

ZOMG said:
I just got a call from President Bush saying that we all gonna get certified in early 2007! :p
He's also stopping by after work to play some golf. Anyone wanna join? :D

aww...
for a minute
I actually believed you ;]
so desperate.

Denial due to Lawyer Suspended

Omarx said:
Talking about coincedence. This is firm I picked after my first lawyer lost his licence and guess what: they overlooked the issues(not sufficient recruitment) with my LC application and now my case is denied. The cases handled by this firm is prepared by not an attorney. I suspect even the application is signed by a real attornet or not

I got NOF due to lawyer suspended by NY Judiciary system. DOL said me to hire new lawyer or without lawyer company has continue the case. Also they
asked for addition proofs.

I hired new lawyer and submitted the documents on 23th Nov. waiting for
Reply from the DOL.

Thanks

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
aww...
for a minute
I actually believed you ;]
so desperate.

Watch this video on my signature and you'll feel much better about your late labor certification... hehehe

whoa.

ZOMG said:
Watch this video on my signature and you'll feel much better about your late labor certification... hehehe

he lost his arm.
but the video did help a little.
cause for a little while
i totally forgot about my LC.
:rolleyes:

H4-H1 question

Gurus, Seek your advice and pardon in advance, as this is not related to our PBEC plights ... but do feel at home for your advice

My wife ins on H4 and recently got her H1 approved in Oct'06. She may like to join the job in a few months due to health reasons. But what worries me are the following

1. We havnt applied for SS# as we are not sure, if she joins job after a few months after the SS#, will that make her out of status or create some legal problems.

2. Not sure how to check, if the current visa for her is H4 or H1? How do we check?

3. In situations like this can we invoke H1 or H4 by specific request to USICS and how adviceable it is for us.

Happy new year and thanks in advance

H1-H4 Query

DOL_0903 said:
Gurus, Seek your advice and pardon in advance, as this is not related to our PBEC plights ... but do feel at home for your advice

My wife ins on H4 and recently got her H1 approved in Oct'06. She may like to join the job in a few months due to health reasons. But what worries me are the following

1. We havnt applied for SS# as we are not sure, if she joins job after a few months after the SS#, will that make her out of status or create some legal problems.

2. Not sure how to check, if the current visa for her is H4 or H1? How do we check?

3. In situations like this can we invoke H1 or H4 by specific request to USICS and how adviceable it is for us.

Happy new year and thanks in advance

I would suggest you to apply for SS# first. Once she got the H1 conversion done, she is eligibale for SS# because H1 is a temporary work permit and you(as a foreigner) cannot work and get paid legally without SS#.

Approved

Just now got email from my company lawyer that the LC is approved. but unfortunately I have left USA.

PD: May 2003.