Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Labor Online Satus: Certified

My labor online status shows: Certified

Thanks to all of you for sharing the information.

My Details:

State: NY
PD: October 15 2003
Source: State
Type: RIR EB3
ETA Case Number: p-05230-XXXXX

StressTestInUSA said:
Hi All...

for some reason I dont find the 'homeliness' in other threads as much as I have seen it here,possbily cos we have been hanging in this thread since we have filed our labor...

I have a situation if anyone can throw some pointers at it about the possibilties as they become narrow and narrow as years and stages pass by..

1. Filed labor in Dec 2002(EB3) in Company A, left that company in 2003 Joined company B in 2003,which filed labor in Oct 2003.

2. Joined back Company A in Jan 2006 around when I got my 45 day letter,labor approved, felt conquered the world for a while and filed 140 in Oct 2006 reg.process.

3. Was checking thru the 140 threads and realised the bombshell news that the tax returns of Company A since 2002 were all showing 'loss' and as I was not working for half of 2003/4/5, I might get denied this Company A' 140,or else will be very tough to handle the RFE if I get one,so that will be another war to win.

4.My Company 'B' labor shows certified and spoke to the HR and they say I can file for my 140,right now I am not empoyed with them. The attorney says it is a EB2,but I havent seen the Labor petition with my eyes until now as he is the company's attorney,they answer me in not more than 3 words..Once they get the certified one I can clear this doubt.

What r my options and strategy..?

Can I file 140 from company B without joining them..? It has employees of 400 and have good tax returns,so approval of 140 on the basis of 'ability to pay' should not be a problem..

My current H1 which will be the 7th yr will expire on May 18th 2007.

File for 8th yr extn with 'pending 140 application' and get extended till May,2008..and expecting the worst case of company A's 140 getting denied by May 2008,what do I do after May 2008,by then if EB2 dates for India get current fot Oct 2003 I will be saved by my skin.Company B should have a project for me to hire me with my skillset etc...It is not a desi consulting company(Swedish) to understand my dilemma..

Its like as if I am running into a dead-end..!!

I know its some thinking to be done for my case, but please share your thoughts...I am sure many are in the same configuration..

The safest option for you is to file an I-140 through the Company B (with 'good' tax returns). Please read the following link - at a first glance it appears that you need not be employed with company B for the filing. Expedite the processing (if necessary) to get 3 years of H-1B beyond May 2007. I did not consider the EB2 PD movement for India nor the company A options - but at least you can buy time.

My 2 cents.

It could be verry soon. My lawyer got the notification just several days after the online status showed 'certified'.

Last edited by a moderator:
EB2 -Criteria

Friends

Is it possible to file LC under EB2 if you have MS+O years Of Experience or if you have MS+ one year of experience . and also cominations of degree are acceptable in prem or not

Please help if you know the answar

Urgent

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2483

Today Senator Cornyn is bringing High skilled immigration interim relief bill to the senate. He is having support from Lobbyist from Microsoft and other companies regarding this. This bill is about double the h1 visa and EB visa numbers.

I urge all of you to contact your senator and house respresentive immediately. Senator information can be found at following.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2484

Please do not waste time, this is urgent as this is the last week and bill is in senate today. Call directly to washington phone number of your senator.

Thanks

tanveer666 said:
Friends

Is it possible to file LC under EB2 if you have MS+O years Of Experience or if you have MS+ one year of experience . and also cominations of degree are acceptable in prem or not

Tanveer:

From what I learned so far, EB2 criteria is not satisfied solely on the basis of your qualification - the job requirements should match that too. Here is the link to the PERM FAQ - this may provide some inputs.

sanjay_41 said:

Today Senator Cornyn is bringing High skilled immigration interim relief bill to the senate. He is having support from Lobbyist from Microsoft and other companies regarding this. This bill is about double the h1 visa and EB visa numbers.

I urge all of you to contact your senator and house respresentive immediately. Senator information can be found at following.

Please do not waste time, this is urgent as this is the last week and bill is in senate today. Call directly to washington phone number of your senator.

Thanks

Seems like they're trying to screw up this country even more. More H1B means less jobs for Americans. One day when I'm American, I wouldn't want them to give my high paid job to someone willing to work for peanuts and we all know how they tailor these job ads. There are already enough H1B workers in this country, we're all stuck in the BEC queue and no I don't think I would ever support this bill.

Anybody know of a good country to move to?

analyst query

Could you tell me how you found out that your case has been assigned to an analyst?
Thanks
goodluck2711

tanveer666 said:
Friends

manwithnoname said:
Tanveer:

From what I learned so far, EB2 criteria is not satisfied solely on the basis of your qualification - the job requirements should match that too. Here is the link to the PERM FAQ - this may provide some inputs.

Hi Tanveer...

Long time no see..!! whats happening with your case status..

Be very careful while filing for EB2...filing labor,putting ads etc is all in our control...the real catch will be at the 140 stage, we can get caught big time with 'Educational Qualifications and experience'. Do a good research on this..

Observation from Murthy forum

I found the following on a Murthy forum....Just an FYI...

" posted October 27, 2006 07:06 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EB3 Labor Finally Approved

Here are the details:

State: MD
LC Type: RIR
Category: EB3
PD: 8/24/2001
Case Transfered to Phillie on 2/18/2004
45 Day Received : March 2005.
Certified on 10/23/2006

Reason it took so Long for me: DOL had changed my Priority Date to 12/3/2003 instead of 8/24/2001 at some point during move. I had been waiting for the approval but no word from DOL. Finally I noticed the error on the 45 day letter that my attorney sent me. I notified my attorney and he sent an email to DOL on 10/20/06 asking them to correct the date and they replied back on 10/23/06 with approval and fixing of the priority date.

I would recommend to those people whose priority dates are too old to check into their papers and make sure that DOL has correct dates and other info. Also, my attorney did not catch the mistake for almost two years. It should have been caught at the time when 45 day letter was received. So don't trust your attorney to identify errors. They have some many applicants and they are not looking for errors unless there is some reason.

Best wishes to you all."

Nice To See You Again On This Forum

StressTestInUSA said:
Hi Tanveer...

Long time no see..!! whats happening with your case status..

Be very careful while filing for EB2...filing labor,putting ads etc is all in our control...the real catch will be at the 140 stage, we can get caught big time with 'Educational Qualifications and experience'. Do a good research on this..

It was very nice to see you after a long time . My labor is still in process as you know my case was first assigned to anlyst on june 9, 2006 and then last time I came to know that my case has been re-assigned to analyst on september 29 , 2006 no news after that . The 202 # is also dead and I think that screen shot e mail address is also not working now a days .

Yes you are right NSC is creating big problem at I-140 stage If you dont have single four years degree then line 15 of your column must say that employer will accept comination of degree & experience being equivalent to graduation

StressTestInUSA after waiting for 4 years and 5 months I am still waiting for my labor to be approved .

How do you find out what date your case is assigned to analyst? I ask for both a status update and 7th year screen shot and nowhere do I see a date. The case info section is completeted ,all fields filled. The data is also filled, nothing in the missing field sections and then in the RIR section it says assigned to Wyatt Earp, but no date given.
Can you point me to where I should look.
Thanks

Pennsylvania
PD 2/5/04
RD 8/04
Received at PBBEC 10/15/04
45 day received 2/15/05
Replied 2/18/05
RIR
Status online:In Process
Still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting............

SoR said:
Seems like they're trying to screw up this country even more. More H1B means less jobs for Americans. One day when I'm American, I wouldn't want them to give my high paid job to someone willing to work for peanuts and we all know how they tailor these job ads. There are already enough H1B workers in this country, we're all stuck in the BEC queue and no I don't think I would ever support this bill.

Anybody know of a good country to move to?

It is not h1 visa immigration voice guys are working on. They are working on retrogression issue which beneficial to you and all the members who are here. That is the reason we need to help them.

I am surprised you do not have much knowledge about retrogression issue. No offence.

Thanks

Attn: StressTest

In your situation, knowing what is going to happen superceds everything. The stress of waiting is way too much. Just to avoid the nightmares immdly, i would the following

1) Apply for 8th H1B ext immly thro premium processing with pending I-140.
2) Once it is approved, convert your I-140 from company A to premium
3) if 2 is rejected, join Com B once they have a project anytime before may 2008. Meanwhile make com B file I140
4) if 2 is accepted, make com B to apply for I-140, continue to work with Com A for 180 days and take the 2002 priority date with you to company B.

Either way, you are better off with Com B with better financial results. Who knows whhat will happen in 485 stage, if you stick with Com A.

Got my Labor Approved finally!

My Labor got certified from Philly finally.
My priority date is 12/20/2002
I never received any 45-day letter.
It was filed from CA

rc_waiting

congrats,

after long time i have seen Dec 02 from CA approval.

Lets hope mine gets approve soon.

02 Dec/CA

My labor is approved. It was approved sometimes in October though I came to know now only. Details - EB3, RIR, 1-nov-2002, CA. Dont know the P-xxx

ImmigrationVoice.org is selfish always

ImmigrationVoice.org is selfish always. We have requested 100 times, to include BEC big issue. They didn't consider our request. The reason is except 1 in their team, remaining all waiting for 485.

Still BEC is big mess, everyone knows. Even AILA is not sure that they can compelte within 10 months. But immigrationsvoice.org doesn't consider this issue at all.

sanjay_41 said:

Thanks

LALOO_PRASAD said:
ImmigrationVoice.org is selfish always. We have requested 100 times, to include BEC big issue. They didn't consider our request. The reason is except 1 in their team, remaining all waiting for 485.

Still BEC is big mess, everyone knows. Even AILA is not sure that they can compelte within 10 months. But immigrationsvoice.org doesn't consider this issue at all.

First of all, they are not shelfish because what ever the cause they are working on that will benefit us including you.

Regarding BEC mess, there is some system. AS pbec and dbec both are working at very good speed. I am not being too optimistic but when your horse is running you don't doubt its abilities. You just play for win.

Now, 485 is biggest issue. Just imagine even if labor is cleared but one will have to wait for tremendous amount of time to file 485. In dynamic job environment, my friend we do not have luxury to wait for even one month.

This is the reason what ever the cause IV is working on it can not be selfish. Just because they did not add Labor issue in their agenda, it does not make them slefish. Again, 485 belongs to us and labor belongs to employers not the beneficiary. Even if they want to work on labor issue, they can not.

My friend all of us are in same boat, please see from positive side.

thyramax said:
In your situation, knowing what is going to happen superceds everything. The stress of waiting is way too much. Just to avoid the nightmares immdly, i would the following

1) Apply for 8th H1B ext immly thro premium processing with pending I-140.
2) Once it is approved, convert your I-140 from company A to premium
3) if 2 is rejected, join Com B once they have a project anytime before may 2008. Meanwhile make com B file I140
4) if 2 is accepted, make com B to apply for I-140, continue to work with Com A for 180 days and take the 2002 priority date with you to company B.

Either way, you are better off with Com B with better financial results. Who knows whhat will happen in 485 stage, if you stick with Com A.

Thanks Thyramax and ManwithnoName for your time and concern..

I spoke to company B HR and he said I can file my 140(He is personally an American and has no idea about the GC stages). I will personally meet him next week and tell/explain him about the coming 485 stage too and me being employed for atleast 6months on EAD and then I can move out. If they have a project for me, there is nothing like it, not being pessimistic but our luck always runs in the opposite direction...

1.I will first do my 8th yr H1 extn based on pending 140 from company A and get my H1 until May 2008.
2.File for 140 from company B simultaneously.
3. See the fate of company A 140. If I can win this war,then try to port the EB3 PD..
4. As always being hopeful for luck, see by May 2008 where the EB2 dates move and beg for a project even if it is in Alaska for 6 months,file for EAD and move out..!!

I can't think of a better strategy than this...!!

I will never ever...never ever..suggest even my worst enemy to migrate to the US..phew..!!

All guys before filing 140,please be very careful for 'Ability to Pay' and 'Educational Evaluations' -those r very crucial for i140...Labor will come out one day or the other...