Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Doesn't matter

alabor said:
My company is planning to move 12 miles away from its current location. Both old location and new location are in same county. I have my labor pending in PBEC since 2004. Does this relocation affect my LC ?? Do I need to apply a new labor ?? I am totally confused :confused: . Can any body help me??

I am sorrry if i have posted my query in wrong forum.

alabor, my company moved about the same distance after my labor was filed in 2004. We changed our attorney too. My LC got approved 2 weeks ago. However, you have to make sure you don't loose any important communication from PBEC. Please make sure your attorney is on top of these things i.e. updating the PBEC with the changes if needed etc.

vchip75 said:
AbstractVision, Congrats on your approval! Can you tell me what was the requirement for your position that made you think that you are EB3. I am asking you because our incompetent/negligent ex-attorney filed my LC stating that the position requires Bachelor+4 years (or) Masters+2. I have Masters+3 years by the time I joined this company. My current attorney says that because it says Bachelors+4, it can viewed as an EB3 but as it also states Masters+2, it may also be viewed as EB2. A border line case. My LC got approved 2 weeks ago. The attorney said she is gonna try to file my 140 under eb2 requesting to consider master+2 on the LC. I am not sure if this is feasible at all. Please write back.
vichp75, from what i have read on the forum it seems your case is EB3. The rule says BS+5 or MS. Now if the lawyer screwed up and put that it is okay if you have BS+4 then it does not qualify for EB2. There is very elaborate discussion on this issue in the 140 forums. Search for EB2 vs EB3 evaluation.

Thank You!

epidural said:
vichp75, from what i have read on the forum it seems your case is EB3. The rule says BS+5 or MS. Now if the lawyer screwed up and put that it is okay if you have BS+4 then it does not qualify for EB2. There is very elaborate discussion on this issue in the 140 forums. Search for EB2 vs EB3 evaluation.

Thanks for the reply epidural. I guess I have to pursue my other option which is to file this 140 and also file another PERM LC with EB2. Atleast I can use this 2004 PD.

I can't believe how some attorneys undermine such important details at the time of filing. :mad:

vchip75 said:
Thanks for the reply epidural. I guess I have to pursue my other option which is to file this 140 and also file another PERM LC with EB2. Atleast I can use this 2004 PD.

I can't believe how some attorneys undermine such important details at the time of filing. :mad:
Sorry buddy. But then that is what this forum is for. We do not find all these nuance until someone is hit by it. Well it keeps us well informed to make our decisions.

thanks

vchip75 said:
alabor, my company moved about the same distance after my labor was filed in 2004. We changed our attorney too. My LC got approved 2 weeks ago. However, you have to make sure you don't loose any important communication from PBEC. Please make sure your attorney is on top of these things i.e. updating the PBEC with the changes if needed etc.

Thanks Vchip75.

Labor got certified

Everyone in my company got certified yesterday evening. Thanks to all for your help

Pd july 2002, Ca, Eb2 RIR

P-04308-33XXX

Certified Dec 05 2006

gcqjul2002 said:
Everyone in my company got certified yesterday evening. Thanks to all for your help

P-04308-33XXX

Certified Dec 05 2006

Congratulations! to all. All the best for next steps.

October 28th 2003 NEW YORK certified..

All

just checked the online status for a New York filed labor with PD Oct 28th 2003 certified

For anyone who is maintaining the tracker..

Just checked the online status and it's certified.
case # : P-04279-****
Certified online: 12/06/2006

Question

I saw some posting refering to screen shots.
Can anybody tell me what are they talking about?
Where did you get those screen shots?

I m not talking about the status screen shot from DL.
Thanks

may2004_md said:
Just checked the online status and it's certified.
case # : P-04279-****
Certified online: 12/06/2006
When did you get your 45-day letter.

Some of you old-timers on the forum might remember me on this forum. My labor got cleared about a month ago. As I had guessed the lawyer took 3 weeks to even get started on requesting me for supporting documents. Anyway, I was wondering if there are still some folks with approved labor lurking here who can point me to the right I-140 forum. A forum for 140/485 where I can read up and also ask newbie questions.

BTW, this is a very focussed forum with a lot of good ppl who answer questions and help others patiently. I think the wait for labor has really made everyone really patient here. I have read some forums on immigrationvoice.org etc. They are full of angry ppl cussing at each other.

2002calabor said:
Some of you old-timers on the forum might remember me on this forum. My labor got cleared about a month ago. As I had guessed the lawyer took 3 weeks to even get started on requesting me for supporting documents. Anyway, I was wondering if there are still some folks with approved labor lurking here who can point me to the right I-140 forum. A forum for 140/485 where I can read up and also ask newbie questions.

BTW, this is a very focussed forum with a lot of good ppl who answer questions and help others patiently. I think the wait for labor has really made everyone really patient here. I have read some forums on immigrationvoice.org etc. They are full of angry ppl cussing at each other.

Try the I-140 Tracker forum for Nebraska Service Center.

2002calabor said:

Try the I-140 Vermont Service Center forum too. A sticky started by a guru called "UnitedNation" has lot of information.

gcqjul2002 said:

P-04308-33XXX

Certified Dec 05 2006

Congratulations gcqjul2002.

Can you please share the range of 45 day letter dates?
Thanks.

Hi All...

for some reason I dont find the 'homeliness' in other threads as much as I have seen it here,possbily cos we have been hanging in this thread since we have filed our labor...

I have a situation if anyone can throw some pointers at it about the possibilties as they become narrow and narrow as years and stages pass by..

1. Filed labor in Dec 2002(EB3) in Company A, left that company in 2003 Joined company B in 2003,which filed labor in Oct 2003.

2. Joined back Company A in Jan 2006 around when I got my 45 day letter,labor approved, felt conquered the world for a while and filed 140 in Oct 2006 reg.process.

3. Was checking thru the 140 threads and realised the bombshell news that the tax returns of Company A since 2002 were all showing 'loss' and as I was not working for half of 2003/4/5, I might get denied this Company A' 140,or else will be very tough to handle the RFE if I get one,so that will be another war to win.

4.My Company 'B' labor shows certified and spoke to the HR and they say I can file for my 140,right now I am not empoyed with them. The attorney says it is a EB2,but I havent seen the Labor petition with my eyes until now as he is the company's attorney,they answer me in not more than 3 words..Once they get the certified one I can clear this doubt.

What r my options and strategy..?

Can I file 140 from company B without joining them..? It has employees of 400 and have good tax returns,so approval of 140 on the basis of 'ability to pay' should not be a problem..

My current H1 which will be the 7th yr will expire on May 18th 2007.

File for 8th yr extn with 'pending 140 application' and get extended till May,2008..and expecting the worst case of company A's 140 getting denied by May 2008,what do I do after May 2008,by then if EB2 dates for India get current fot Oct 2003 I will be saved by my skin.Company B should have a project for me to hire me with my skillset etc...It is not a desi consulting company(Swedish) to understand my dilemma..

Its like as if I am running into a dead-end..!!

I know its some thinking to be done for my case, but please share your thoughts...I am sure many are in the same configuration..