Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

StressTestInUSA said:
Congrats Katrina...!!

and sorry to hear AYCY still battling with almighty PBEC. checking this forum after a long time...

I have no more disappointment emotion left in me..

good luck to all guys here and be very careful while filing i140,see for the tax returns..if you r working with the same company since you filed LC and getting the LC salary you r fine..but in other cases watch out..!!

Thank You stressTestInUSA.

About your I40, please don't lose hope yet. Keep trying. we never now INS/BCIS approval criteria, sometimes the worse case scenario get approved. As long as your company show that they capable to pay your LC salary and your LC salary is the same or even above the prevailing wage that's all INS want.

yes it has been approved for some one -but co showing 1 year loss

katrina17 said:
Thank You stressTestInUSA.

About your I40, please don't lose hope yet. Keep trying. we never now INS/BCIS approval criteria, sometimes the worse case scenario get approved. As long as your company show that they capable to pay your LC salary and your LC salary is the same or even above the prevailing wage that's all INS want.

ThirstyFish said:
Guys...Rightnow I am all freaked out.

My lawyer got NOF (or whatever they call it) on my case sometime back ,he did not even bother to inform me. Sent me a bill today of $1000 with a short note "to cover additional advertisement expenses as asked by DOL" :(

I have asked for more details, am sure he will send me some as his $1k is with me - Will post more details Once I get it.

But this is what I was afraid of after all those 4 1/2 years of wait :( Damn!

ThirstyFish keep calling your lawyer asking the update of your case. It's good sign that they following up the PBEC NOF request. Usually if the NOF request fulfilled your case should get the approval soon, but you need to follow up closely for the outcome.

wish you the best.

Certified

After such a long wait, My online case status is certified. Thanks to all of you for holding it together during troubled times. Good luck to you all.

To my surprise, my attorney said that my job req description falles under EB2. All along I had been thinking that its EB3. I will be filing my I-140/I-485 soon. Thanks again.

SWA: MD
Type: EB3 - RIR
PD: 08/12/02
Case: SWA
45 DL Received: July 26th' 05 Replied: July28th' 05
ETA# P-05139-2xxxx
On Line Status: Certified

Thanks!

katrina17 said:
ThirstyFish keep calling your lawyer asking the update of your case. It's good sign that they following up the PBEC NOF request. Usually if the NOF request fulfilled your case should get the approval soon, but you need to follow up closely for the outcome.

wish you the best.

Thanks Katrina, I do need the best wish.

Congratulations!

AbstractVision said:
After such a long wait, My online case status is certified. Thanks to all of you for holding it together during troubled times. Good luck to you all.

To my surprise, my attorney said that my job req description falles under EB2. All along I had been thinking that its EB3. I will be filing my I-140/I-485 soon. Thanks again.

ETA# P-05139-2xxxx

Congratulations!

Was there any NOF in your case ? Did you do any follow up ?
looks like congratulating others is my fate :(

ThirstyFish said:
Congratulations!

Was there any NOF in your case ? Did you do any follow up ?
looks like congratulating others is my fate :(

No NOF. I did a lot of follow up with everyone I thought could be able to help or follow up on my behalf. Please refer my previous posts.

I am sure yours is around the corner too. Anytime soon..you will get certified..My best.

Probably retire on H1B visa

Thanks to PBEC, I am likely to reach my retirement by the time PBEC completes processing of my labor petition.

New user from the same boat

I am new to these forums. I just started looking into these forums from past couple of days. My labor also got stuck in PBEC from past 3 years. I need some of your expertise to get more information on my case. I keep checking the status online, i have been getting "In Process" status since long time. I am not sure what was going on with my case. I contacted my local senator to find out more details about my case. They sent a letter to PBEC on Nov 1st. Still i did not get any response. I am not sure how long it will take to get a response from PBEC for the Senate requests.

Here are my details:
PA EB2 RIR
PD: Oct 3, 2003
Date transferred to Philadelphia Regional DOL : 08/05/2004 (State level cleared & sent for Federal processing)
Date transferred to PBEC: 10/21/2004
ETA # P-04295-25xxx
45 DL received: 01/25/2005
45 DL replied: Jan 2005
Online Status : In Process

Here is the PBEC contact details that i sent to the Senator's office:
Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
U.S. Department of Labor
Division of Foreign Labor Certification
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1600

I am not sure whether this is the right address to send the PBEC status inquiries.

Please advise me how to get more details on my case from PBEC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Company relocation

My company is planning to move 12 miles away from its current location. Both old location and new location are in same county. I have my labor pending in PBEC since 2004. Does this relocation affect my LC ?? Do I need to apply a new labor ?? I am totally confused :confused: . Can any body help me??

I am sorrry if i have posted my query in wrong forum.

Looks like PBEC is back to old track. Where approval comes once a while,
hardly one or two approval in 2 days

arc_sap said:
Looks like PBEC is back to old track. Where approval comes once a while,
hardly one or two approval in 2 days

Agreed that the number of approval postings are low. There can be several reasons: all activity slows down in December, # of users in this forum with 2004 priority dates are less that it's 2002-2003 counterpart, BECs started to process the Non-RIR cases (some bandwidth is used here), recent approval trends (from this forum, trackitt forum and murthy forum) indicates that PBEC is trying to clear the 'skipped' cases from 2002/2003.

what about skipped cases from 2001

manwithnoname said:
Agreed that the number of approval postings are low. There can be several reasons: all activity slows down in December, # of users in this forum with 2004 priority dates are less that it's 2002-2003 counterpart, BECs started to process the Non-RIR cases (some bandwidth is used here), recent approval trends (from this forum, trackitt forum and murthy forum) indicates that PBEC is trying to clear the 'skipped' cases from 2002/2003.

I am still patiently waiting and I hope that I will hear something, but the question is when. It has already been 5 & 1/2 years and wonder how much longer ?????????

State-BEC workforce training meetings ...

"11/30/2006: Can You Believe It That BECs Must Eliminate All the Backlog Cases in About 10 Months From Now?"

...It seems they are in training this week.

"We hope that something will come out of their scheduled state-BEC workforce training meetings in San Antonio, Texas, next week."

Keep my hope high

Thanks for your kind words :) ! I hope my labor will be certified in this month!

naa_GC_ekkada said:
Thanks much Badcat,

I'm sorry that I'm replying late as I'm out all last week. My PD is June 2 2004.

Wish you goodluck.

Question about Eb2

AbstractVision said:

ETA# P-05139-2xxxx

AbstractVision, Congrats on your approval! Can you tell me what was the requirement for your position that made you think that you are EB3. I am asking you because our incompetent/negligent ex-attorney filed my LC stating that the position requires Bachelor+4 years (or) Masters+2. I have Masters+3 years by the time I joined this company. My current attorney says that because it says Bachelors+4, it can viewed as an EB3 but as it also states Masters+2, it may also be viewed as EB2. A border line case. My LC got approved 2 weeks ago. The attorney said she is gonna try to file my 140 under eb2 requesting to consider master+2 on the LC. I am not sure if this is feasible at all. Please write back.