Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Is it really happening?

After almost 5 years of waiting...I still don't know if I should believe this or not...And I probably won't until I have the documentation in my hand...but online status says "certified" as of today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not just a glitch in the system and wishing the best of luck to everyone on this board, especially those from 2001/2002. Thank you for all your support, guys!

Prevailing wage?

Hi,

I'm just wondering what is prevailing wage?. how do they decide what it should be?.
I've got my screen shot recently, occupation title, code and prevailing wage are empty. Rate of pay is filled in.

GCMESS said:
Hi,

I'm just wondering what is prevailing wage?. how do they decide what it should be?.
I've got my screen shot recently, occupation title, code and prevailing wage are empty. Rate of pay is filled in.

Hi, guys:
Could you tell me how to get screen shot from DOL wetsite? Thanks :)

CrabCake said:
After almost 5 years of waiting...I still don't know if I should believe this or not...And I probably won't until I have the documentation in my hand...but online status says "certified" as of today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not just a glitch in the system and wishing the best of luck to everyone on this board, especially those from 2001/2002. Thank you for all your support, guys!

Congrats CrabCake. At least you are out of this mess. Good luck for the rest.

catch_gc said:
Hi DJB, Thanks for replying.. I have never got any of NOF either from State or PBEC.. Screen Shot shows may Rate of Pay: $ 90000 / Yearly , Hopefully it is more than Prevailing Wage.. What I understand Rate of Pay should be more than Prevailing Wage.. Am I going wrong? I'll appreciate your response..

your understanding is correct...They keep the cases aside when rate of pay < prevailing wage and also issue NOF....thus wondering if that was the case

catch_gc said:
Hi DJB, Thanks for replying.. I have never got any of NOF either from State or PBEC.. Screen Shot shows may Rate of Pay: $ 90000 / Yearly , Hopefully it is more than Prevailing Wage.. What I understand Rate of Pay should be more than Prevailing Wage.. Am I going wrong? I'll appreciate your response..

For Perm Process, the answer is yes, your prevailing wage have to be at least the same if not more than the DOL prevailing wage for your job/occupation in your area.

Prior to Perm your prevailing wage is still acceptable if your wage/salary at least 95% close to the DOL prevailing wage for your occupation in your area, but of course the more always the better.

Regards

CrabCake said:

Congratulation crab cake. Best of luck in your next phase :)

Wish me luck too so I can get out from this mess as well :p
I need plenty of luck

djb...
I guess this is what is happening to my case. Has anyone else had such an experience? I checked with my lawyer. He hasn't received any NOF so far

djb said:
your understanding is correct...They keep the cases aside when rate of pay < prevailing wage and also issue NOF....thus wondering if that was the case

Congratulations, CrabCake. You deserve it!

Good Luck for the rest stages!
CrabCake said:

Called 202 #

Hi:

I called the 202 # and the guy told me that my case is in queue but not assigned to an analyst.

My PD is 01/03 and still not assigned to an analyst!!! I am confused....

Does anyone know what may be going on?

Thanks for the info! I've been wondering about this for a month now since mine was changed from closed to "data review" but quite a few people were immediately changed to "in process" after reopening. Yesterday I called the 202 number and a very helpful guy looked at my case and basically said not to worry about it. I was still worried that my case may have been thrown back to a box waiting for revisit, so it is great to see hope down the road.

BTW a coworker had similar PD to mine but didn't get case closure just received his 140 approval. Do the BEC mailroom clerks know that their simple mistakes can mean months of frustration for others? :mad:

Thanks again. As to your question, I don't think anyone knows. If you read through this thread, you may see that it can mean 1 to many months, but the trend seems to be getting better. Good luck!

ny-feb2002 said:
Hi Guys, my case has been in DATA REVIEW stage since it has been re-opened in June 2006 after it was closed by accident last year. And it changed to IN PROCESS today and My HR just talked to PBEC and they told that. the data review is just finsished and confirmed as RIR case and assigned to an analyst. She also told that he will review the prevailing wages and you can expect the approval anytime. She did not say what anytime could mean.. Is it 1 month, 2 months or 6 months?? Whats the typical time for certification after assigned to analyst by your experience ?

P-05122-XXXXX
Priority Date: FEB 2002
State: NY
case closed: Dec 2005
Reopened: March 2006
45 day letter: May 2006
45 day letter replied: June 2006
Assigned to analyst Sept 2006

10/2002 - Nof

Just now spoke to 202-693-3010 and found that NOF was issued last week on my case. Neither our attorney (Big Firm) nor our employer (another big firm) have received it till today.
Now probably all of us in 2001/2002 need to worry about this. Check up with Attorney's if they have received NOF's. By the way 2 months back I got Screen shot and Prevailing wage was not filled up till that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is this #202 number?

I have seen my case at 'IN PROCESS' ever since they started this new on-line check system and was wondering what this 202 number that everyone is talking about? When I checked in April 2006, all fields were complete on my HIB 7 year extension check. So I have no idea what is taking so long. Here are my details:

EB3/CA/RIR
PD: 12/27/2002
SFO RD: 1/9/04
Moved to PBEC: 10/20/2004
Case Number: P-04294-240XX
45 day letter received and replied in spring 2005

Caliber said:
Just now spoke to 202-693-3010 and found that NOF was issued last week on my case. Neither our attorney (Big Firm) nor our employer (another big firm) have received it till today.
Now probably all of us in 2001/2002 need to worry about this. Check up with Attorney's if they have received NOF's. By the way 2 months back I got Screen shot and Prevailing wage was not filled up till that time.

Hi Caliber,
Just let us know, what kind of NOF it is. I mean the details. I'm sure it'll be a very small thing. Yesterday I spoke to my lawyer and he said, most of the NOFs BEC are issuing is because of Salary which he thinks is very minor issue.

Please let us know the details once you come to know about it.

#202-693-3010

Sangadi said:
I have seen my case at 'IN PROCESS' ever since they started this new on-line check system and was wondering what this 202 number that everyone is talking about? When I checked in April 2006, all fields were complete on my HIB 7 year extension check. So I have no idea what is taking so long. Here are my details:

EB3/CA/RIR
PD: 12/27/2002
SFO RD: 1/9/04
Moved to PBEC: 10/20/2004
Case Number: P-04294-240XX
45 day letter received and replied in spring 2005

Dept. Of Labor in DC #202-693-3010. If you provide them your case no they will tell you what is going on with your case. Attorney or Employer is supposed to call.

10/2002, CA, EB2, RIR

Prevailing Wage determination

Hi,
I would appreciate if anybody can throw some light on as to DOL comes up with the prevailing wage ? thanks...