Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

noluck2005 said:
:) Hi all I have checked my status on DOL website last week and it was certified, lawyer e-mailed me that he received LC by snail mail, we will file i-140, and wait for visa. In the same time we will try to do PERM in EB2 category.
this was long and frustrating wait, and finaly now I see the light at the end of tunel. I think at the end it will take me 5 years to get GC, and the system is setup that way, that they want you to wait on average 4-5 years in H1b or any other status before they give you GC.
any way I wish you all, the best, good luck

noluck2005 :)

yours was also held back for some time...did you have a NOF or was there anything out of the ordinary in your case?

Can you please share your P-XXXXX (5 digits) ?

medical examination and immunization records

My online status is certified. No letter yet but my attorney said I can start getting the documents ready for my I-140/I-485 application.

Since it is very expensive to have the medical exam, for how long are the medical exam and immunization records valid? When do they expire?

Thanks

Better post your question to I-140/I-485 thread.

I am sure you can get better and more accurate answer there.

mito said:
My online status is certified. No letter yet but my attorney said I can start getting the documents ready for my I-140/I-485 application.

Since it is very expensive to have the medical exam, for how long are the medical exam and immunization records valid? When do they expire?

Thanks

Thank you

Thanks for taking time.
NYRIREB3_11_02 said:
Sample Letter/Template

ThirstyFish/blue22/Easton/VAGCSK, 2002CALABOR, and others

Please customize your letter. Also see CISO’s 2005/2006 report to congress (you’ll find it on www.dhs.gov). NYC filers living in Qns/Bklyn, I suggest contacting Congressman Anthony Weiner. I contacted Mr. Weiner’s office only last week and his staff followed-up w/ PBEC, the nice lady handling immigration issues called me this morning to confirm that my labor was certified. I’m impressed! However, I got no response from NY senators’ office.

Here is a sample/template -
I. Introduce yourself
“I am a prospective immigrant to the United States. I have lived in the US since YYYYY, and have a [MS degree] and a [degree] from XXX universities in the US. I am presently employed as [job title] in [company name].”

II. – List visas by date - I listed in chronological order. Provide GC details including ETA#, PD, type – RIR/Non-RIR, category – EB1/2/3, etc
“Following is a timeline of my visa status in the US:
3 . . . .“

III. Briefly state difficulties/problems faced
“Below are some problems I am facing due to the inordinate delay in processing my application:
- Repeated renewal of H-1B: [I’m into the 10th yr of H-1B. So this problem may be specific to my case]
- Lack of fairness in application processing: BECs appear to be adjudicating cases at random. In the past two months alone the BECs have approved several cases filed in 2003 and 2004 while applicants like me with priority dates in 2002 are still waiting for their cases to be touched. What happened to the concept of FIFO – First In First Out, that the process was supposed to be based on?
- Lack of transparency in application process: My employer is unable to provide me with a case number or any documentation. Without a case number I can not follow up with the USCIS to expedite processing of my Labor Certification and approval of Form I-140. As an educated professional I feel I am being kept in the dark regarding a matter that concerns my life. Why such lack of transparency?
- Limitations to my career advancement: The green card application is tied to a specific role in a job, I therefore cannot seek a new job or get a significant promotion in my job as that would reset the application process and force me to the end of the immigration line. It is preposterous that advancement in my career would result in a regression in my green card application.

I am a conscientious, hard working individual and have made every effort to contribute to both the success of my employer and to the American economy. It is very disheartening to see the callous manner in which applications of taxpaying intellectual contributors to the US economy is being handled by the USCIS and by employers.

The issues with the BECs have been well documented, however, very few practical solutions have been proposed leave alone implemented. Forecasts that the BEC will be eliminated by September 2007 provide no current relief to a lot of aspiring immigrants like myself who have played by the rules and been patiently waiting for many year for their cases to be approved.

Almost four years have passed since an application for permanent residency was filed on my behalf - and I have not even received the approval for the 1st stage in the green card process. As applicants, we are tied down to the same job and same role within a job, with no career mobility - and several employers, aware of this exploit the situation by limiting the career prospects of such employees. This has even come be described as the 21st century version of "bonded labor".

I am therefore seeking your help in expediting my labor certification and Form 1-140 approvals, so that I can - - - - [customize this part of sentence stating how the LC, I-140 etc will help you].

My family and I would be deeply thankful if you could look into this matter as soon as possible.”

Thank you.
Sincerely,
xxxxxxx

Last but not least, make sure ur subject line gets the readers attn - try something like "Lack of fairness in application processing in BECs . . " etc.

Hope this helps . . . .

Case P-05146-xxxxx

Hi Keisha Jones,

May I know please of what is your Priority Date? I think, we have the same initial Case Number.

UniGum

Chhaya said:
YESTERDAY PBEC REPLIED MY EMAIL THAT "This case P-05146-XXXXX is being certified.
08/23/2006 08:49:16 am
Certification Letter Generated
Keisha Jones

08/23/2006 08:49:16 am
RIR - Certification Recommended "

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT TAKE TO GET STATUS.

THANKS.

MD EBE RIR, PD-5/27/03
RD NEVER MADE IT.
45 DAY LETTER 4/3/06
45 DAY LETTER REPLD 4/7/06
PBEC RECD 45 DAY LETTER 4/11/06.

Veryhopeful

VERYHOPEFUL
Did you get the approval letter or did the employer/lawyer get them?

Very_Hopeful said:
I would not rely on the online status. With my approval in hand online status was showing my case as closed one day and in process the other day. It is totally unreliable. You are better off writing a email to BEC stating that you still havent recieved the approval letter. I recd my approval letter within 7 days of LC getting certified.

How Reliable?

Hey Guys,

How reliable is the on-line case verification system?

My case seems to have been Certified over the weekend (since I checked on Friday).

PD: 08/2003
NJ - EB2
45 DL : 4/17/2006
P-05143-xxxxx

THANK YOU!
-------------------

NYRIREB3_11_02 said:
Sample Letter/Template

ThirstyFish/blue22/Easton/VAGCSK, 2002CALABOR, and others

Please customize your letter. Also see CISO’s 2005/2006 report to congress (you’ll find it on www.dhs.gov). NYC filers living in Qns/Bklyn, I suggest contacting Congressman Anthony Weiner. I contacted Mr. Weiner’s office only last week and his staff followed-up w/ PBEC, the nice lady handling immigration issues called me this morning to confirm that my labor was certified. I’m impressed! However, I got no response from NY senators’ office.

Here is a sample/template -
I. Introduce yourself
“I am a prospective immigrant to the United States. I have lived in the US since YYYYY, and have a [MS degree] and a [degree] from XXX universities in the US. I am presently employed as [job title] in [company name].”

II. – List visas by date - I listed in chronological order. Provide GC details including ETA#, PD, type – RIR/Non-RIR, category – EB1/2/3, etc
“Following is a timeline of my visa status in the US:
3 . . . .“

III. Briefly state difficulties/problems faced
“Below are some problems I am facing due to the inordinate delay in processing my application:
- Repeated renewal of H-1B: [I’m into the 10th yr of H-1B. So this problem may be specific to my case]
- Lack of fairness in application processing: BECs appear to be adjudicating cases at random. In the past two months alone the BECs have approved several cases filed in 2003 and 2004 while applicants like me with priority dates in 2002 are still waiting for their cases to be touched. What happened to the concept of FIFO – First In First Out, that the process was supposed to be based on?
- Lack of transparency in application process: My employer is unable to provide me with a case number or any documentation. Without a case number I can not follow up with the USCIS to expedite processing of my Labor Certification and approval of Form I-140. As an educated professional I feel I am being kept in the dark regarding a matter that concerns my life. Why such lack of transparency?
- Limitations to my career advancement: The green card application is tied to a specific role in a job, I therefore cannot seek a new job or get a significant promotion in my job as that would reset the application process and force me to the end of the immigration line. It is preposterous that advancement in my career would result in a regression in my green card application.

I am a conscientious, hard working individual and have made every effort to contribute to both the success of my employer and to the American economy. It is very disheartening to see the callous manner in which applications of taxpaying intellectual contributors to the US economy is being handled by the USCIS and by employers.

The issues with the BECs have been well documented, however, very few practical solutions have been proposed leave alone implemented. Forecasts that the BEC will be eliminated by September 2007 provide no current relief to a lot of aspiring immigrants like myself who have played by the rules and been patiently waiting for many year for their cases to be approved.

Almost four years have passed since an application for permanent residency was filed on my behalf - and I have not even received the approval for the 1st stage in the green card process. As applicants, we are tied down to the same job and same role within a job, with no career mobility - and several employers, aware of this exploit the situation by limiting the career prospects of such employees. This has even come be described as the 21st century version of "bonded labor".

I am therefore seeking your help in expediting my labor certification and Form 1-140 approvals, so that I can - - - - [customize this part of sentence stating how the LC, I-140 etc will help you].

My family and I would be deeply thankful if you could look into this matter as soon as possible.”

Thank you.
Sincerely,
xxxxxxx

Last but not least, make sure ur subject line gets the readers attn - try something like "Lack of fairness in application processing in BECs . . " etc.

Hope this helps . . . .

How long does it take to get the approval letter after the online status changes from "In process" to "Certified"?

It could take up to a year but that was worse case scenario. At best 3-6 months. Don't take my word seriously. Just my 2 cents.
mito said:
How long does it take to get the approval letter after the online status changes from "In process" to "Certified"?

jack_xie said:
It could take up to a year but that was worse case scenario. At best 3-6 months. Don't take my word seriously. Just my 2 cents.

Jack,

are you sure that it takes two to six month to get the approval letter when the status shows "Certified"?

Online status - Certified

My online status has changed to certified this morning between 10:30 and 11:30 EST. Signature has all the details.

One of my friend informed me, his labor is approved. Man, RIR/Nov 2003/NY.

This labor pain is really frustrating.

blues22 said:
One of my friend informed me, his labor is approved. Man, RIR/Nov 2003/NY.

This labor pain is really frustrating.

This sounds too good to be true. If it is NY 2003, it must not have gone to regional also !

Hi guys, I was away this last weekend and got back and saw a lot of PMs for the format of the letter. I replied to 4-5 messages, I apologize for not getting back sooner. Sahil and NYRIREB3_11_02 already have perfect answers/ letters and Formats posted. I agree word to word with what these guys have to say. Letter has to be in your words(thats most important) like NYRIREB3_11_02 says that same letter copied and sent will dilute the message. My letter was very simple I will post it here anyways, but please follow the guidelines that these guys posted here.

I had my letter sent by my HR Dept, since Certified Labor belongs to the company anyways.

TO,

Adjudicator
PBEC..
Address:

Sub: ETA CASE # add information

Dear Sir/Madam
Our application for Permanent Labor certification for
MR/MS.............has been pending with Philadelphia...B...E...C since...........

We recieved and replied to 45 day letter....on....(add your details).
Add other details like.........PD, state processing date, other information.

We believe that this case has been closed in error/ or we believe that we have not recieved a communication regarding this case.

We understand that DOL is committed to following the FIFO rule and also to eliminate the backlog by Sept 2007. We recognise that every effort is being made towards this end.
our concern for information regarding this case stems due to the fact that repeated requests for information regarding this case with a 4 yr old Priority date has resulted in no answer from any DOL Source.

Please advise if there has been any communication from DOL that we havent recieved yet.

We sincerely request your attention to the same
Thanks

HR Department/ CEO/ President/ respective designation
Company name

Attach all prior correspondence.

Last edited by a moderator:
data review & in process

Does anyone know what's status close to the final result? Data review or in process? I have checked this from this website, someone says data review is the last stage of LC and someone says it's the first stage (that is, the status chance into in process after data review). I have been waiting for LC more than 4 years and got 45 day letter one year ago, but still waiting and my status showed "Data review" from internet trace. A lot of people whose priority date is behind me have got LC approval. It's so painful waiting. If someone knows the difference between data review and in process. Please drop me a clue. Thanks.

NJ RIR EB3
PD Aug.5, 2002
45 day letter received in Sep. 2005 and replied in Sep. 2005
No further news after that

status

In process is the last stage before certified.I am in the same boat applied in Aug - NJ. Mine is last stage since months.... will have to wait

bluesky133 said:
Does anyone know what's status close to the final result? Data review or in process? I have checked this from this website, someone says data review is the last stage of LC and someone says it's the first stage (that is, the status chance into in process after data review). I have been waiting for LC more than 4 years and got 45 day letter one year ago, but still waiting and my status showed "Data review" from internet trace. A lot of people whose priority date is behind me have got LC approval. It's so painful waiting. If someone knows the difference between data review and in process. Please drop me a clue. Thanks.

NJ RIR EB3
PD Aug.5, 2002
45 day letter received in Sep. 2005 and replied in Sep. 2005
No further news after that