Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I Am still waiting: May 2002 VA, Status In Process

I Am still waiting: May 2002 VA, Status In Process :mad:

VAGCSK said:
:mad: VA, RIR, EB2, PD-7/22/2002, RD-5/2004, 45 Day Letter: 2/8/2005. P-04281-158xx
How many people from VA with 2002 PD are still waiting? What should we DO?!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Template/Format

Template/Format will be good thing to post. All I am seeing these days is "Case certified My lawyer called/my HR called/my employeer called/my mother in law called" and frankly its just pissing me off.

sanksmysore said:
Hi Gurus,

My Labor was applied from my previous employer in PA details below,
- PD Aug 15, 2003, RIR, EB2

However I was laidoff in 2004 from there, I do share good communication with my manager there, Its very likely that its approved or on its way soon. I won't get my job back there because the company isn't doing good financially, however I do share good relationship with my managers there

- Is there anyway I can use this Labor ?
(like join a consulting company in the same region and transfer this labor etc)

- What sort of cooperation is required from my previous employer in the matter ?

I would greatly appreciate any .. thoughts .. insights .. suggestions from you guys .. Good luck to all of you (although this damn thing is beyond luck :) )
Many thanks in advance !!

I was in the same situation like u.Recently my labor got approved from my
Previous employer .and now I'm in process for filing 140.
Changing jobs will not affect your Labor Certification process provided your previous employer agrees to continue the Labor Certification petition on your behalf. Since the employment based green card process is future job based.
LC Details
------------
Original labor ( But previous employer)
Case RIR - NY - EB2
PD Dec-6-2001
Case Number: P-05123-XXXXX
45 days letter received - mid sept 2005
Replied - mid sept 2005
Last update feb-17-06
processing center - Philadelphia Backlog Elimination
Status approved July-20-2006

I-140 Details
-------------
In process of filing I 140

I-485 Details
-------------
In process of filing ;)

sanksmysore said:
Hi Gurus,

My Labor was applied from my previous employer in PA details below,
- PD Aug 15, 2003, RIR, EB2

However I was laidoff in 2004 from there, I do share good communication with my manager there, Its very likely that its approved or on its way soon. I won't get my job back there because the company isn't doing good financially, however I do share good relationship with my managers there

- Is there anyway I can use this Labor ?
(like join a consulting company in the same region and transfer this labor etc)

- What sort of cooperation is required from my previous employer in the matter ?

I would greatly appreciate any .. thoughts .. insights .. suggestions from you guys .. Good luck to all of you (although this damn thing is beyond luck :) )
Many thanks in advance !!

same note is my episode too...

have a approved EB3 with PD Dec2002 and another EB2 with PD Oct2003.

Now when the EB2 labor approves,I can beg my ex-employer to file for i140..till there I can succeed,but my major hurdle is, if I need to use the EB3(DEc2002 PD) for the EB2 company 485 filing....Should I be employed with them to file 485..?(at this point I will be having 2 approved 140s with 2002dec and Oct2003 PD)

how does this whole thing work...or am I waiting for a mirage...

I dont know if anyone are in my situation,my fear is... the EB2 employer is an American company and they will care the least of my GC-Ramayan. If I am lucky enough to have a project at that time with my skills..it will be easy to slip in,otherwise it will be a MAJOR task to convince to file for i485...

Any comments,clues about such a senario...??

Tell me about it... I am so pissed. I have been waiting for 4 years and to see yourself get bypassed by so many people is so frustrating.

jul2002eb2md said:
Template/Format will be good thing to post. All I am seeing these days is "Case certified My lawyer called/my HR called/my employeer called/my mother in law called" and frankly its just pissing me off.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! It is good to see Aug 2003 PD approval. Labor requirement M.S or B.S + 5?

mito said:
Online status of my case is changed from "in process" to "CERTIFIED" as of today.

I hope this is real! :)

Kar_P said:
Hello Friends,

I am really upset about EB2 dates going back. I am waiting for my labor filed in Oct 2003 and now lost hopes as there is no use of labor as the PDs have gone back .
I am frustated and disappointed :-(
7 years of slavery and still getting exploited on H1 visa ......Thinking of going back to india ...
I am also sorry for all my friends who are waiting since 01...

ETA CASE NUMBER : P-05161-62XXX
VA RIR EB2
PD Oct 03

EB2 retrogression is very complex and entirely depends on the current Visa Demand. For over-subscribed countries, each year, the cycle starts in October and a cut off date is allocated (for example, this year - June 1, 2002) based on the demand in the last year. Depending on the demand in October, the cut off date will be re-adjusted for the Next month. This is likely to continue for 5 - 6 months. On the later part of the year, if the number of visas left for the year dwindles, a retrogression becomes imminent. If no numbers are left, PD may become Unavailable.

Comparing with last October, the cut off date was January 1, 1999 and it moved to January 1, 2003 in ~6 months. Later as the demand increased (more I-485 filings for the PDs earlier than the above date) visas become unavailable in July.

Much depends on the approval pattern of the BECs. As BEC approvals do not follow FIFO, old TR cases left behind, the cut off date is likely to move ~ 1 year in coming months.

Congratulations, mito.

Now I am getting really anxious. Our cases are pretty much identical except my PD is a couple of weeks late than yours.

BTW, when did this status change happen, over the night or during the day?

mito said:
Online status of my case is changed from "in process" to "CERTIFIED" as of today.

I hope this is real! :)

easton said:
Hi NYRIREB3_11_02 / AJ / Sahil2002,

Could you also pm to me? Thanks.

easton

MD RIR EB3
PD: 02/07/2002
Assign a analyst: 02/08/2006

Hi NYRIREB3_11_02 / AJ / Sahil2002/easton,

Sample Letter/Template

ThirstyFish/blue22/Easton/VAGCSK, 2002CALABOR, and others

Please customize your letter. Also see CISO’s 2005/2006 report to congress (you’ll find it on www.dhs.gov). NYC filers living in Qns/Bklyn, I suggest contacting Congressman Anthony Weiner. I contacted Mr. Weiner’s office only last week and his staff followed-up w/ PBEC, the nice lady handling immigration issues called me this morning to confirm that my labor was certified. I’m impressed! However, I got no response from NY senators’ office.

Here is a sample/template -
I. Introduce yourself
“I am a prospective immigrant to the United States. I have lived in the US since YYYYY, and have a [MS degree] and a [degree] from XXX universities in the US. I am presently employed as [job title] in [company name].”

II. – List visas by date - I listed in chronological order. Provide GC details including ETA#, PD, type – RIR/Non-RIR, category – EB1/2/3, etc
“Following is a timeline of my visa status in the US:
3 . . . .“

III. Briefly state difficulties/problems faced
“Below are some problems I am facing due to the inordinate delay in processing my application:
- Repeated renewal of H-1B: [I’m into the 10th yr of H-1B. So this problem may be specific to my case]
- Lack of fairness in application processing: BECs appear to be adjudicating cases at random. In the past two months alone the BECs have approved several cases filed in 2003 and 2004 while applicants like me with priority dates in 2002 are still waiting for their cases to be touched. What happened to the concept of FIFO – First In First Out, that the process was supposed to be based on?
- Lack of transparency in application process: My employer is unable to provide me with a case number or any documentation. Without a case number I can not follow up with the USCIS to expedite processing of my Labor Certification and approval of Form I-140. As an educated professional I feel I am being kept in the dark regarding a matter that concerns my life. Why such lack of transparency?
- Limitations to my career advancement: The green card application is tied to a specific role in a job, I therefore cannot seek a new job or get a significant promotion in my job as that would reset the application process and force me to the end of the immigration line. It is preposterous that advancement in my career would result in a regression in my green card application.

I am a conscientious, hard working individual and have made every effort to contribute to both the success of my employer and to the American economy. It is very disheartening to see the callous manner in which applications of taxpaying intellectual contributors to the US economy is being handled by the USCIS and by employers.

The issues with the BECs have been well documented, however, very few practical solutions have been proposed leave alone implemented. Forecasts that the BEC will be eliminated by September 2007 provide no current relief to a lot of aspiring immigrants like myself who have played by the rules and been patiently waiting for many year for their cases to be approved.

Almost four years have passed since an application for permanent residency was filed on my behalf - and I have not even received the approval for the 1st stage in the green card process. As applicants, we are tied down to the same job and same role within a job, with no career mobility - and several employers, aware of this exploit the situation by limiting the career prospects of such employees. This has even come be described as the 21st century version of "bonded labor".

I am therefore seeking your help in expediting my labor certification and Form 1-140 approvals, so that I can - - - - [customize this part of sentence stating how the LC, I-140 etc will help you].

My family and I would be deeply thankful if you could look into this matter as soon as possible.”

Thank you.
Sincerely,
xxxxxxx

Last but not least, make sure ur subject line gets the readers attn - try something like "Lack of fairness in application processing in BECs . . " etc.

Hope this helps . . . .

VAGCSK said:
Hi NYRIREB3_11_02 / AJ / Sahil2002/easton,

blues22 , easton, VAGCSK
Honestly, to tell the truth - I really have no template. You guys seem to think there is some magic in words used by someone else. There's no magic wand. Frankly if everyone uses the template used by someone else, all it does is just dilutes the message. Reader will think that people are just sending some templat'ise letters.
You've all seem to be complicating the whole message. The idea is to be brief and to the point. Front person should be able to read your letter in less than a minute. That's the power of a letter.
Just write your case details and that you want them to adjudicated it quickly (or reopen it if its closed erroroneously) ... If you get too verbose, you loose the intent of your message. That's what I had done. I just had my case details and couple of lines stating to reopen the case.
- Just keep it simple but send it repeatedly. Don't write more than 1/2 page; lesser the words, better it is...
- Use "Lucida XXX" or "Verdana" type of fonts that are easier/quicker to read. Probably stay away from "Times New Roman" or "Arial", as such.
- If you want to be really slick go for - Handwritten Fonts. These are one of the best known to make impact - see the url below has some free handwritten fonts ...
http://www.1001fonts.com/fonts_overview.html?page=1&category_id=11

Letter can be really simple ... Something like below (which can be accomadated in less that 1/2 of the page), does not need more than 30secs to read.

=============================================

Dear Sir, Date: XX/XX/XXXX

SUB: Reopening/adjudication of a case

Case Number -
Priority Date
State -
Alien Name -

I request you to consider our request for processing/adjudication case for our empoyee since it has been at this center for quite a long time now.

Sincerely,
Human Resources
Your Company Name
(XXX) XXX-XXXX

==========================================

==> Remember - this letter is being on part of the human resources and not the alien (i.e. you). In the (XXX) XXX-XXXX write your central HR number so to make it generic. They won't call anyway.

So, just be brief and send letters ... don't think too much. Good Luck.

Thanks a lot! Could you do us a favor and post the mailing address/phone/email of the following:

1) Elaine Chao
2) Barbara Shelly - the new PBEC director, after Stefanko was sent to dump.
3) DOL address of Washington, DC.

NYRIREB3_11_02 said:
Sample Letter/Template

ThirstyFish/blue22/Easton/VAGCSK, 2002CALABOR, and others

Please customize your letter.

Case Closed

Can someone please let me know how authentic the backlog reduction check website is, Coz till today morning my case was "In Process" and now in the evening it says"Closed".
Has anyone had similar problems?

Thanks
Prashant
P-052XX-XXXXX
Pd:02/28/2005
45 days letter received-03/08/06
45 days letter sent-March 2nd week

2002calabor said:
Thanks a lot! Could you do us a favor and post the mailing address/phone/email of the following:

1) Elaine Chao
2) Barbara Shelly - the new PBEC director, after Stefanko was sent to dump.
3) DOL address of Washington, DC.

Got Ms. Chao’s address from another user in this forum
The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210
Elaine Chao's email is:
secretaryelainechao@dol.gov
Tel: 202-693-6000
Fax: 202-693-6111

http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/contacts.asp - got the below addr from this site

Foreign Labor Certification Manager
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1598

haha.

jul2002eb2md said:

This is my favorite quote on here...

My RIR labor approved from PBEC on 01-SEP-2006.
Certifying officer is Barbara Shelly.
Status CERTIFIED from online system.

Yesterday My Employer received just a copy of first page (Final Determination) not the entire ETA form.
My attorney did not receive the original certification.

My State = CT
PD = 07/2003
45 DAY LETTER = JUN'2006

Anyidea after how many days of Approval, PBEC sends original certifications to Attorneys.

Thanks

jul2002eb2md said:

See template, addr etc on page 1152. FYI there are several other templates posted by other users in this forum if you care to look through . . .

BTW only I, me, and myself phoned/faxed/wrote to Senators, DOL secretary etc, etc. regarding my case!

StressTestInUSA said:
same note is my episode too...

have a approved EB3 with PD Dec2002 and another EB2 with PD Oct2003.

Now when the EB2 labor approves,I can beg my ex-employer to file for i140..till there I can succeed,but my major hurdle is, if I need to use the EB3(DEc2002 PD) for the EB2 company 485 filing....Should I be employed with them to file 485..?(at this point I will be having 2 approved 140s with 2002dec and Oct2003 PD)

how does this whole thing work...or am I waiting for a mirage...

I dont know if anyone are in my situation,my fear is... the EB2 employer is an American company and they will care the least of my GC-Ramayan. If I am lucky enough to have a project at that time with my skills..it will be easy to slip in,otherwise it will be a MAJOR task to convince to file for i485...

Any comments,clues about such a senario...??

Hi Stress in USA, as far as I know, once you've got your I40s approved it will be yours as long as your old/ex company didn't revoke or terminated the process. Since your old company willing to continue and process your I40s, You can use your I40 from your approved EB3 with pd Dec2002 (earlier PD) to File your I485 for your approved EB2 LC with PD2003.
As always double check and confirm this answer with your lawyer :)

good luck.