I got my LC approved yesturday.

CA RIR EB3
PD 04/24/2003
RD 04/21/2004
45 Days receided 02/15/2005
45 Days replied 02/17/2005
Eta # P-04295-XXXXX
Labor approved 23/08/2006

My Attorney And employeer received it on the same day, September14,2006.

Good luck to all of you.

jcgc said:
THe monthly visa bulletin shows the PD that are eligible to apply for 485. This is based on whether your 140 is EB1/2/3 and the country of birth (not citizenship). Oct06 is the current bulletin.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

My country of birth is not one of the listed countries (China, India, etc...)
Being in EB2 category, does this mean once my labor cert is cleared I can immediately start I-485?

I know this is a very basic question but still wanted to check with you experts... :)

Need advice

Gurus,

Once I-140 gets cleared and we change the job/get laid off, do we need to start all over again, OR do we need to file I-140 at new location still maintaining the old Priority date from previous company ?

Appreciate your help !!

Thanks,

signature...

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Guys,

I request everyone to put signature with their priority date and status. This helps understanding what you say in context of your PD and status.

please include EB2/EB3 category as well.

ROW EB-2 can apply with approved labor

mito said:
Being in EB2 category, does this mean once my labor cert is cleared I can immediately start I-485?

I know this is a very basic question but still wanted to check with you experts... :)

I am no expert but if you are part of ROW(rest of world) and EB-2, you can apply I-140 and I-485 concurrently as the priority is Current for this category. Oh how I wish I could be in your position

Feb 2005, EB3 India

Yes

mito said:

Yes, you are right and lucky ;)

Unused Approved Labor

Hi Gurus,

My Labor was applied from my previous employer in PA details below,
- PD Aug 15, 2003, RIR, EB2

However I was laidoff in 2004 from there, I do share good communication with my manager there, Its very likely that its approved or on its way soon. I won't get my job back there because the company isn't doing good financially, however I do share good relationship with my managers there

- Is there anyway I can use this Labor ?
(like join a consulting company in the same region and transfer this labor etc)

- What sort of cooperation is required from my previous employer in the matter ?

I would greatly appreciate any .. thoughts .. insights .. suggestions from you guys .. Good luck to all of you (although this damn thing is beyond luck :) )
Many thanks in advance !!

Please post petition template

NYRIREB3_11_02 said:
Adding to Sahil2002's suggestions - Another good contact is
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CISO)
ATTN: Case Problems
United States Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Email: Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov; cisombudsman@dhs.gov
Tel: 202-357-8100
Website: http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/intera...torial_0482.xml

CIS Ombudsman was specially created to look into issues related to immigration . . . so probability of getting a response from this office would be much higher.

I sent a petition to CISO requesting help with my case 3 weeks ago. I also followed up w/ a phone call. CISO said I should hear from DFLC in 45 days - well, according to the Backlog Public Disclosure System my case was certified today - (I will of course believe this only when I get the hard copy notification of LC!). Coincidence? Perhaps . . .

Contacting senators did not help at all!

Contacting your local congressman may be more helpful. For filers in NY living in Queens/Brooklyn, Anthony Weiner is the Congressman to contact.

Hi NYRIREB3_11_02,

can you please post the petition template for us, the troubled poor (lazy) souls ?

You can not imagine how much help it would be! May God bless ya fella.

njgc03 said:
Gurus,

Once I-140 gets cleared and we change the job/get laid off, do we need to start all over again, OR do we need to file I-140 at new location still maintaining the old Priority date from previous company ?

Appreciate your help !!

Thanks,

Answer to the first part - Yes. Once you change company, you have to refile LC and I-140. After I-140 is approved for the new company, you can port the priority date of the previous company.

On the other hand, if your I-485 petition is pending for 6 months or more, then, according to AC21, you may join a new company without jeopardizing your GC process.

Is this REAL??????

Online status of my case is changed from "in process" to "CERTIFIED" as of today.

I hope this is real! :)

mdgc2001 said:
I just checked the status of the 10 cases before and 10 cases after me.

In the 10 I did not count the ones that it did not find in the system.

In the 10 before mine, 7 are CERTIFIED and 3 are In Process.
In the 10 after me, 6 are CERTIFIED, 1 WITHDRAWN and 3 In Process.

When I look at the above data, its easy to see that about 70% plus cases around my case ID are certified. That makes me think that they are following the order of these case numbers as they got entered into the system and CERTITIED all the cases that met their initial criteria (also as one DOL official stated CLEAN cases). I don't know if there is any connection between the case numbers and PDs.

My conclusion is all the cases left behind (skipped) are probably going to have to go through a Secondary Review process. And I think there are probably very few analysts who can do the Secondary reviews. Sometime ago I read on the forum that the complex cases have to go through this second review.

So only when we know what their criteria is for CLEAN cases or what makes a case go through additional review, we may get to know why our case is stuck 'In Process'.

This is just my opinion.

So guys with earlier priority dates, check the status of the cases around yours and see if you see that above 70% CERTIFIED trend.

To add, I think, the consecutive ETA #s may follow closely with the corresponding PDs ranging ~April 2002.

librau said:
Hi Gurus,

On my 8th year extension, I got 3 years extension . My labor with company A is running into problems. Can I transfer my H1 which has now 21/2 years life to another comapny B ?
If transfering H1 B (8th year H1) is ok, can I get my labor processed with comapny B?

Any advise is well appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you have the I-140 approved from Company A? Is the 3 year H-1B extension based on this? In that case, you can keep the priority date of Company A's labor. Yes, you can start the green card process afresh from company B. However, it is better to file the new labor at least a year prior to current H-1B expiration, so that you continue to get H-1B extensions, if necessary.

My 2 cents.

sanksmysore said:
Hi Gurus,

My Labor was applied from my previous employer in PA details below,
- PD Aug 15, 2003, RIR, EB2

However I was laidoff in 2004 from there, I do share good communication with my manager there, Its very likely that its approved or on its way soon. I won't get my job back there because the company isn't doing good financially, however I do share good relationship with my managers there

- Is there anyway I can use this Labor ?
(like join a consulting company in the same region and transfer this labor etc)

- What sort of cooperation is required from my previous employer in the matter ?

I would greatly appreciate any .. thoughts .. insights .. suggestions from you guys .. Good luck to all of you (although this damn thing is beyond luck :) )
Many thanks in advance !!

You can always use that labor without joining the company. Green card is for future employment. You don't necessarily be in the company to continue the process. Good luck.

Template

Hi NYRIREB3_11_02 / AJ / Sahil2002
Could you please post/PM me a template for the letters. It would be a great help. I just want to be safe and effective with words in that letter. So dont want to take chances.
Thanks alot.

Template

Hi NYRIREB3_11_02 / AJ / Sahil2002,

Could you also pm to me? Thanks.

easton

MD RIR EB3
PD: 02/07/2002
Assign a analyst: 02/08/2006