Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Yeah... same story my friends who filed after me already have their GC. Why? their case wnet to DBEC and they escaped retrogression. Here I am stuck with labor for 4 years.

I doubt if there is much we can change the situation. We can try writing letters but I think they are just picking up budles of files and going one by one. You could get lucky that your gets picked up tomorrow or it could be another year when they realize there are still some left and you are one of them!

But I am willing to give letter writing a shot. At this point anything could help!

ragini_nj said:
I won't bother much on future.. Right now I need my LC and want to get-out from this mess first.

Waiting since 4 years........... Most of my friends have their GC's in thier vallets and laughing on my situation.........

Try contacting Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman also

Adding to Sahil2002's suggestions - Another good contact is
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CISO)
ATTN: Case Problems
United States Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Email: Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov; cisombudsman@dhs.gov
Tel: 202-357-8100
Website: http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/intera...torial_0482.xml

CIS Ombudsman was specially created to look into issues related to immigration . . . so probability of getting a response from this office would be much higher.

I sent a petition to CISO requesting help with my case 3 weeks ago. I also followed up w/ a phone call. CISO said I should hear from DFLC in 45 days - well, according to the Backlog Public Disclosure System my case was certified today - (I will of course believe this only when I get the hard copy notification of LC!). Coincidence? Perhaps . . .

Contacting senators did not help at all!

Contacting your local congressman may be more helpful. For filers in NY living in Queens/Brooklyn, Anthony Weiner is the Congressman to contact.

Sahil2002 said:
Jack_Xie,
Here are some pointers. Write it to -
1) Elaine Chao
2) Barbara Shelly - the new PBEC director, after Stefanko was sent to dump.
3) DOL address of Washington, DC.
4) Speaking of Senators or any other non-DOL public person in between - I don't think you have a great chance of getting any response from them since the elections are underway. We are treated just like "second class" citizens and the last thing any senator or public official will want at this time is talk about "immigration (Illegal or Legal)" and open the can of worms for himself. Senators are a waste of time imho now. Currently Immigration is not on anybody's agenda. Face the truth.

Try a small `spam` campaign for PBEC, DOL; as I illustrated before. Hound them with a couple letters every week. Use your creativity to grab their attention on your communication. Use envelop style colored letter or like a 'tri-fold' letter (that's easier to open), etc etc.
Remember, persistence is the key. Sending one or two letters is **NOT** going to cut it. You have send a repeated message to them. Here is what I would do, to make the process little easier -
1) Print the same letter like 10 times (with different varying dates on them)
2) Have all these 10-15 (or whatever # you desire) envelops ready to send out. That way you are not messing with the printer, envelops, postal stamps and that messy glue every week.
3) The idea is to make it easier for YOU to 'spam' *THEM* ...

These are just some basic marketing laws ... but acting on them is the key. If I recollect correctly, I must have contacted PBEC about 10-15 times (letter/emails) to get my case reopened and also spoke with 202# guy quite frequently.
Don't get too excited too early for the end result, as again, it may take a little longer to come to fuition. Just my $.02 - hth !

Wanted to automate it

blues22 said:
Who told, that is supposed to work? DOL doesn't mention this anywhere?
Moreover, whats your point? Will that give us something extra.

Oh.. I just wanted to try automating it. I wanted to make the link to be specific to my case number so that it would check it once a day and email me the latest status. No big deal really........ :D

Thank you very much for the info!!!
I would do my best and you really give me some hope :confused:
I will keep you updated.

Good idea :) but you were trying to use GET protocol. Try using a POST. POST to the form. If you get the code working let me know. I was also thinking of coding something like this.

mito said:
Oh.. I just wanted to try automating it. I wanted to make the link to be specific to my case number so that it would check it once a day and email me the latest status. No big deal really........ :D

CA Labor certified RIR

My understanding is that Certified mean Approved. If so, my labor is approved.

Here are my details:
ETA Case#: P-0430X-XXXXX
Date of Acceptance for Processing: July 21,2003. (Is this my priority date?)
45-day Letter: February 14, 2005.

I just checked these forums today after a long absence and found out about the new link to check case status. Went to the site, typed in my case number and it said "Certified". Of course, I haven't hear anything from the lawyer so I don't know when was it approved.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the notices to arrive by regular mail?

To those who are still stuck in this purgatory, my prayers & best wishes are with you.

Waiting for the Certified documentation

Here is my situation:

- I checked my case status on-line on sep-12-2006 and it was showing 'Certified'.
- My employer got a letter from DOL 1 week ago. It was saying that my labor was approved and the official documentation will be sent later.
- My lawyers didn't get anything.

I am very anxious. How long is taking to get the official documentation regarding this approval? I though the employer and the lawyers would get the notice at the same time.
Anyone to share this experience? Do I need to wait how long? I want to proceed for the next steps ...
:confused:

Please Put Signature

Guys,

I request everyone to put signature with their priority date and status. This helps understanding what you say in context of your PD and status.

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Guys,

I request everyone to put signature with their priority date and status. This helps understanding what you say in context of your PD and status.

Case status : Certified. as of 11th Sept online status check.

NYRIREB3_11_02 said:
Adding to Sahil2002's suggestions - Another good contact is
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CISO)
ATTN: Case Problems
United States Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Email: Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov; cisombudsman@dhs.gov
Tel: 202-357-8100
Website: http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/intera...torial_0482.xml

CIS Ombudsman was specially created to look into issues related to immigration . . . so probability of getting a response from this office would be much higher.

I sent a petition to CISO requesting help with my case 3 weeks ago. I also followed up w/ a phone call. CISO said I should hear from DFLC in 45 days - well, according to the Backlog Public Disclosure System my case was certified today - (I will of course believe this only when I get the hard copy notification of LC!). Coincidence? Perhaps . . .

Contacting senators did not help at all!

Contacting your local congressman may be more helpful. For filers in NY living in Queens/Brooklyn, Anthony Weiner is the Congressman to contact.
If you don't mind, could you share your sample letter with me, I realy appreciate it. PM me or send to xw008 at yaho.com, thanks

Hi All,
My LC is certified as of Sep 05 06.
and also do you guys know
the availability of 485
based on my PD JUNE 13 2002.
Please let me know where to look for this information .
Thanks,
:)

Eb2 retrogression

Hello Friends,

I am really upset about EB2 dates going back. I am waiting for my labor filed in Oct 2003 and now lost hopes as there is no use of labor as the PDs have gone back .
I am frustated and disappointed :-(
7 years of slavery and still getting exploited on H1 visa ......Thinking of going back to india ...
I am also sorry for all my friends who are waiting since 01...

ETA CASE NUMBER : P-05161-62XXX
VA RIR EB2
PD Oct 03

visa bulletin

THe monthly visa bulletin shows the PD that are eligible to apply for 485. This is based on whether your 140 is EB1/2/3 and the country of birth (not citizenship). Oct06 is the current bulletin.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

rikki said:
Hi All,
My LC is certified as of Sep 05 06.
and also do you guys know
the availability of 485
based on my PD JUNE 13 2002.
Please let me know where to look for this information .
Thanks,
:)