Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

whenn said:
Hi MDwatch,
I spoke to my Attorney and they are also suggesting the same thing. They've also mentioned that there is no problem if the I-140 (PERM) gets approved before the pending LC approval.

But one thing I'm not clear is about EAD and Travel Doc's. If I get my Oct' 02 LC approved now, I can file for I-140 and 485 together and get EAD and Trvl doc's without waiting for I-140 approval, right?
If choose I-140(PERM) filing now and file another I-140 using Oct' 02 LC approach I've to wait until both the I-140's are approved to file for 485, am I correct?

My company is not doing good, that is why I'm looking for faster approach.

That's correct. You will have to wait for both I-140 to be approved in order to use the old PD for the I-485. The only use of having an approved I-140 right now (in your case) is to benefit from 3 year extension on your visa. Being from India you will not be able to file I-485 for a little while and it might be a good idea to have the I-140 even with PD of 2006 ....

Anybody else with assigned to analyst in 2001/02?

LaborPainMD said:
What happened to other cases with PD of 2001/2? If they have the same status as mine, assigned to analyst, then there might something else going on. Have you checked your case status? I noticed that your PD is pretty early too.
Anyway, I wrote a letter to Elaine Chao on 22JUN06 and haven't received any reply yet. :(

Mine is also the same. Assigned to an analyst. Yours is really a very old case. I hope you see an approval soon.

Sahar123 said:
Hi,

I also have'nt recieve 45 days letter notification yet. My case details are also very similar to yours: EB3 RIR, PD Dec. 2003 (MA). I got a screen shot in June 2006 at the time of my visa extension & my case number also starts with P-XXXX. I called my employer & they contacted attorney, PBEC but no updated information yet. I would really appreciate if you/or any one in the forum please update me if you have any information.

[
QUOTE=NTom]I haven't got the 45d letter either. My case dtls: EB3/Non RIR/PD Dec'03 (NJ). I requested a screenshot in May (at the time of visa extn) and my case no. starts with P. Does this mean they've sent my 45d letter and I haven't received it?? I didn't realise at that time that case nos. starting with P means the 45 day letter has been generated :( I just assumed since they sent the screenshot that my case is still pending and not closed. Also, as someone mentioned, there is no "status" column in my screenshot either.

Help me guys?? I am getting really worried here that they've sent the 45day letter a long time back and since we didn't receive it, they might have closed my case :confused:
[/QUOTE]

****My company got the 45 days letter back in Feb 06 (I did not know until last week). However, PBEC close the case since they claim that they did not get the 45 days letter back from my employer.

Luckily, My Company sent them the letter via Fedex and we have the tracking #, date and the name of the person who signed for the package.

I got the screen shot last week, which shows Pxxxx-XXX. So do not assume you case is open if it has P at the beginning. A call to 202-693-3010 was the way I found out the case has been closed.

My company is in process of re-opening the case.

Hope this info helps.

mdgc2001 said:
Mine is also the same. Assigned to an analyst. Yours is really a very old case. I hope you see an approval soon.
Thanks! Do you know when your case was assigned to an analyst? Was it also a long time ago? I guess that analyst just processed the newly received cases first and skipped the old ones. I will have my employer contact PBEC and try to bring some attention to my case. If there is nobody set a finger on the case, it will be sitting there forever! :mad:

Request for More details

Do you mind sharing couple of details

like is there a response period for the NOF or they straight away move it from RIR to TP ?

What was the reason for NOF?

am_frustrated said:
Guys,

Whats the possibility / risk of requesting them to convert from EB3 to EB2 while in communication with PBEC as a result of NOF? I just got RIR denail and they indicated that the case would be processed as traditional.

Also,
- Would we now post an add in consistence with my current experience & skill set or continue with the one that was posted 4 yrs back?

PD : May 22nd 2002.
Got 45 day & replied : Early 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
RIRLabor2002 said:
Do you mind sharing couple of details

like is there a response period for the NOF of theystraight away move it from RIR to TP

What was the reason ?
First of all im not sure if denial to process in RIR can be termed as NOF.

There is no time provided to respond. The resason cited - "Enough qualified US skilled workers in the category were available at the time", which was right after bubble burst and consequent massive layoffs all around. They also further indicated that the process would be moved to TP and advised to wait for further instructions from them, which they havent released it to us yet. Do you or anybody you know have a similar case?

Thanks for ur replies - reg. 45d not recd

Thanks Aqan, Sahar, Stillwaiting for your replies. They were really helpful. My greatest fear is that the case would be erroneously closed. Hoping thats not the case.

I will be calling the 202 no. today personally and if they don't reply to me, will be pushing my attorneys to call ASAP and get the update. Will keep you all updated on whats happening..........

QUOTE=NTom]I haven't got the 45d letter either. My case dtls: EB3/Non RIR/PD Dec'03 (NJ). I requested a screenshot in May (at the time of visa extn) and my case no. starts with P. Does this mean they've sent my 45d letter and I haven't received it?? I didn't realise at that time that case nos. starting with P means the 45 day letter has been generated I just assumed since they sent the screenshot that my case is still pending and not closed. Also, as someone mentioned, there is no "status" column in my screenshot either.

Help me guys?? I am getting really worried here that they've sent the 45day letter a long time back and since we didn't receive it, they might have closed my case [/QUOTE]

Yes

LaborPainMD said:
Thanks! Do you know when your case was assigned to an analyst? Was it also a long time ago? I guess that analyst just processed the newly received cases first and skipped the old ones. I will have my employer contact PBEC and try to bring some attention to my case. If there is nobody set a finger on the case, it will be sitting there forever! :mad:

They told it was assigned on Feb 24th 2006. Do you know when yours was assigned to analyst? My guess is that the analyst did a preliminary review and could not certify it. So he left it to further review probably to decide whether to issue NOF or any further action. This is just my guess.

More Info

From which state did you apply? And also do you know when RIR was filed what was in the recruitment report? i.e., how many responses from US Workers did you get etc?

Also were there any layoffs in your company?

Thanks
am_frustrated said:

There is no time provided to respond. The resason cited - "Enough qualified US skilled workers in the category were available at the time", which was right after bubble burst and consequent massive layoffs all around. They also further indicated that the process would be moved to TP and advised to wait for further instructions from them, which they havent released it to us yet. Do you or anybody you know have a similar case?

Hello Gurus....

I am seeing two different case statuses as "Assigned to analyst" and "Case in Final review”. Are the same?

mdgc2001 said:

mdgc2001 said:
They told it was assigned on Feb 24th 2006. Do you know when yours was assigned to analyst? My guess is that the analyst did a preliminary review and could not certify it. So he left it to further review probably to decide whether to issue NOF or any further action. This is just my guess.
Mine was July 2005, almost one year ago.

After writing a letter to Emily Stover DeRocco, I got a reply that my case was assigned to an analyst on February 24, 2006 same day as yours. I am sure the analyst probably has not looked at it as yet.

EB3-RIR/PA/February 2002/July 2003/45-Day: December 30, 2004/

Counting since then

HI saknia / Sr.members

samarthk said:
After writing a letter to Emily Stover DeRocco, I got a reply that my case was assigned to an analyst on February 24, 2006 same day as yours. I am sure the analyst probably has not looked at it as yet.

EB3-RIR/PA/February 2002/July 2003/45-Day: December 30, 2004/

Counting since then

I sent a mail to 7th year ext and got the following reply...

Case Information

ETA Case Number: P-042XX-XXXXX Priority Date: 12/11/2002
Processing Type: RIR Case Source: Region
Employer Name: ABC and CO Business Activity: INFORMATION
Occupation Title: Programmer Analy Occupation Code: XXXXXX
Rate of Pay: $ 70000 / Yearly Prevailing Wage: $ 57450 / Yearly
Alien Name: XXXXXXXXXX Visa Type: H-1B
Nationality or Citizenship: INDIA
Case Received Date: Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Thanx

Any body can tell me when can I expect??? LOL

final review

LaborPainMD said:
mine was assigned to an analyst (date submitted 3/29/06) and case status now is Final Review, do you know how long will it take to get certified after showing Final Review?
thanks a lot!

mdgc2001 said:
From which state did you apply? And also do you know when RIR was filed what was in the recruitment report? i.e., how many responses from US Workers did you get etc?

Thanks
Case was filed from VA. Im not sure of how many responses were generated from US workers. But im sure, given that the RIR request was denied, that either he didnt think it through before applying or he was unaware of the proceedings himself. Either way the efforts of recruitment didnt appear sufficient.

Can somebody add my case to tracker as well?
VA-EB3-RIR (Rejected RIR & now TP)
PD : 5/23/2002
45 day letter :
Case # : P-04273-xxxxx

Hi am_frustrated,

You know already that I also received the same NOF.But they gave me some time to respond.I don 't know for what they gave this time? In NOF it was clearly stated "the case was already changed to TR".Did your lawyer talked to PBEC about your case? My lawyer is still waiting for their response after leaving voicemail.

am_frustrated said:

At least some progress.. maybe!!!

Hi guys!

Last week I had posted a query on this forum, got some responses and finally following up on the contact information I received, I was able to get some information out of PBEC and an email response from H1B7YR. My information is:

Sate: MD
Type: RIR
PD: 01/12/2004
RD: I don't understand what this is , but I have case received date as 01/12/2004 .
Case No.: P-05144-xxxxx
PBEC

I was told that my 45 day letter had been received with confirmation by the PBEC and now my case had been referred to an Analyst. I was not given any dates for both of these. Can anyone tell me how can I get this information.

I am moving towards my 8th year extension.. can anyone tell me if I will be able to get 3 year extension or will continue to spend money for yearly extensions.....

Thanks

mdgc2001 said:

Thanks
Case was filed from VA. Im not sure of how many responses were generated from US workers. But im sure, given that the RIR request was denied, that either he didnt think it through before applying or he was unaware of the proceedings himself. Either way the efforts of recruitment didnt appear sufficient.

Can somebody add my case to tracker as well?
VA-EB3-RIR (Rejected RIR & now TP)
PD : 5/23/2002
45 day letter :
Case # : P-04273-xxxxx

be prepared for the worst

lawyer did not receive official notice yet but NOF is coming .
He checked with that number ,

so i think people whose cases were skipped in the last couple months when PBEC were approving should be prepared for the worst .

What a pain ...