Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Is this Good or Bad?

Stephen Stefanko, the Director of the Backlog Processing Center (BPC) in Philadelphia, will be retiring during the first week of July 2006.

Who is going to replace him? Will there be any process changes due to the new person? One or the other is keeping our LC a distant goal..

npgc said:
Folks ,
I have been a silent reader on this forum . Great information . Thanks to all the folks who have provided valuable input during this tough phase .

my priority date is 12/18/2002 VA RIR EB3

good luck .

Congratulations! Can you post your P-XXXX case number?
Good Luck ahead!

My employer called Backlog center about my LC status and officer there told that application has "completed data review" and is "in the process que".

Any comments?

===========================================
EB3-NC
PD: 01-16-2004
ETA CASE: P-05153-xxxxx
45 Days Letter: 10-05-2005 (Replied within 4 days)
waiting........................

Congratulations JustWatching!!!

You've been a valuable resource to this community. And you are the second forgotten member (2001/early 2002) to get their LC recently. So looks like they are dusting off the old boxes.

Need some clarification - EB3 Non-RIR after SWA approval

sachv_ said:
pretty good read...
originally posted by "arln" in the PBEC 2001 and 2002 stuck cases" thread.

http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIM_Training_Manual.cfm

According to this document the employers will get a letter from PBEC when they start recruitment for Traditional cases...

but it does say draft at the top...so I don;t know if its actually used

I read the document and iam now little confused with the Traditional Recruitment. My case is a EB3-Non-RIR from WV, it was approved by state SWA and sent to Philadelhia - finally reached PBEC for federal approval.

Question: Do they (PBEC) will again go through the whole proces of TR or just accept what the state approved. Ima worried if PBEC will have to do the TR process with job ads etc all over again. Please clarify ...Thanks lot

Please help !!!
I ask for screen shot y'day and got reply nextday(today) , I use my compny address to email.
everything looks good except visa type, I am on h1-B visa and screen-shot indicate Visa Type: B-1 , it that the way it should be or something wrong in this ?

Please let me know and what need to be done in order to change this in case of wrong vis type.

Can some one reply me this

my pd is very close to yours and i've sent a status request to info@phi.dflc.us last week and got back a canned response saying "it is recieved and awaiting further review by an analyst"....
it atleast says that the application is not lost or anything...

adallac said:
I ask My Lawyer to call PBEC to check the status of my Case, his paralegal made and send a letter of confirmations to PBEC and for 3 weeks, the PBEC replied (by Stephen Stefanko, certifying officer) a letter to my lawyer stating that my cases is 'The application is awaiting processing' . Any comments about this? Is Stephen Stefanko a certifying Officer? Is he replied this letter or there's an automated machine to do this replied? Some help here to explain to me what really happening? Thanks.

45 Day letter

I filed in May 2002 and have not yet received my 45-D letter. What do you mean by "Since I haven’t received 45-day letter from PBEC, I am assuming my case is not in the approval queue" ?? Don't all cases receive a 45-day letter or is it only the ones that are approved?

KPKAKMH said:
Hi,
First, thanks everyone all the information, I have been getting from this forum. My case has following details:
ETA Case Number: P-04329-xxxxx
Priority Date: 12/18/2002
Processing Type: EB2 / RIR / CA
* NO “45-day letter” yet…. *
If I am reading the trend (?) correctly from PBEC, they have started processing Dec’02 cases (pretty close to mine). Since I haven’t received “45-day letter” from PBEC, I am assuming my case is not in the approval queue. Screen shot we used for my 7th year extension show “Case Receive Date (11/24/2004) & “Data Review” section (just Date Submitted & Signed fields).
How many cases (close to my PD) are there still awaiting 45-day letter?
Is there something I can do about it?
Please advice.
Thx.

BEC to Provide Status Website!!!

BECs to Make Availalable "Processing Times Reports" and "Status Check" Online Effective End of July

* People will remember that this web site urged the DOL to start processing times reports and status check sites on the DOL website just like the USCIS. Now we have a good news. The DOL will indeed post online status check and processing time report sites in its website as early as the end of next month, July 2006. For the status check, people will need case numbers. Accordingly, those who have yet to receive 45-day letters will take a little bit longer to use the status check site.

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

Surprised no one has posted these so far....

Good News for BEC TR Labor Certification Processsing

* BEC has today disclosed that they have completed dataentries for the entire 365 applications and all the 45-day letters will be sent out within this week.
* Beginning from the mid-July 2006, the BECs will start sending out the recruitment instructions to the employers whose traditional regular labor certification applications have been pending at the Backlog Elimination Centers. In order to speed up the process, the BEC will enclosed with the instructions their prevailing wage determination which the employers will have to use for the purpose of the recruitment. The prevailing wage determination will reflect the prevailing wage at the time recruitment and not the wage at the time of initial filing no matter how long they were filed. Besides, the employers must offer 100% of the prevailing wage in compliance with the new federal law on the prevailing wage for the labor certification.
* Employers, watch for these mails from the Backlog Elimination Centers from next week!

Congratulations ....... On getting your labor approval. I understand the pain of labor certification process which we have gone thru. I hope things will go well with you in the next stages.

Good luck
SN

JustWatching said:
It all started with a meeting scheduled for September 14, 2001 when my company was going to decide whether they would sponsor my green card or not.

Well, our offices were in the World Financial Center - across the street from the World Trade Center. We all know what happened a few days earlier.

A month later, the first of many delays in my labor certification, our company displaced, our managing director made the decision to sponsor my green card.

On November 14, 2001, we filed my labor certification.

At the time I knew little to nothing about the green card process. I remember looking at the "Processing Times" page in the DOL site. It stated RIR cases proessing March 2001. Well, it was an 8 month backlog plus 2 at regional. Ten months to get my labor certification. Little did I know April 2001 processing would get in the way.

So for the longest time, we got to see "April 2001". Then in early 2003, NY SWA magically skipped to May 2001. Finally! NY SWA had decided to create a separate queue for the 245i cases. A month later, NY SWA reverted to April 2001 saying that setting 245i cases aside was illegal. Kept on waiting.

Then in 2004, processing time - "May 2001" showed up again, this time for real. We created a tracker in our NY SWA thread and for several months we saw processing times actually move forward. In September/October 2004 it reached "October 2001". Finally it was almost my turn!.

I had been watching the Backlog Center RFPs for almost a year at that point. I must admit I was optimistic about them but hoped my case wouldn't have to go there.

A month later, SWAs stopped processing. The wait continued.

In early 2005 my case was transferred to the now infamous Philadelhpia Backlog Center. In March 2005, the PBPC claimed to have sent the 45-day letter to my employer and my attorney, neither received the letter.

I did not find out until February 2006 when we received the letter of closure.
Immediately the attorneys sent a letter stating that it had been a mistake. Kept on waiting.

In April 2006, we received unofficial notification that my case would be reinstated. 6-10 weeks to receive official notification they said. Kept on waiting.

May 17, 2006 - statement officially reopening my case along with my new 45-day letter. For once DOL was ahead of schedule. We responded immediately. And kept on waiting.

Today June 22, 2006 I received an e-mail from my attorney that my labor certification had been certified. When I got home, the courtesy copy was in my mailbox.

I don't need to tell anybody how useful this forum has been to me and all of us. I hope to see each of you get out from this step, move on and eventually obtain your permanent residence.

Good luck everyone,

JustWatching

Last edited by a moderator:
this will be useful ... hope it is true

In_GC_Race said:
BECs to Make Availalable "Processing Times Reports" and "Status Check" Online Effective End of July

* People will remember that this web site urged the DOL to start processing times reports and status check sites on the DOL website just like the USCIS. Now we have a good news. The DOL will indeed post online status check and processing time report sites in its website as early as the end of next month, July 2006. For the status check, people will need case numbers. Accordingly, those who have yet to receive 45-day letters will take a little bit longer to use the status check site.

In_GC_Race said:

They should have done this couple of years back, atleast they are doing it now and not waiting for few years more to do this. I wonder is retirement of that Stephano or whatever guy has anything to do with this news.

In_GC_Race said:

* BEC has today disclosed that they have completed dataentries for the entire 365 applications and all the 45-day letters will be sent out within this week.

wow...FINALLY! data entry is completed. For once they did what they said, or atleast we hope...

Prevailing wages

While comparing prevailing wages to actual wages being played to employee, do they look at the salary paid when the application was filed or the current salary? I mean it's possible that the salary offered at time of filing was lower than prevailing wage but it's currently higher. Should this matter?

In_GC_Race said:

* Beginning from the mid-July 2006, the BECs will start sending out the recruitment instructions to the employers whose traditional regular labor certification applications have been pending at the Backlog Elimination Centers. In order to speed up the process, the BEC will enclosed with the instructions their prevailing wage determination which the employers will have to use for the purpose of the recruitment. The prevailing wage determination will reflect the prevailing wage at the time recruitment and not the wage at the time of initial filing no matter how long they were filed. Besides, the employers must offer 100% of the prevailing wage in compliance with the new federal law on the prevailing wage for the labor certification.
* Employers, watch for these mails from the Backlog Elimination Centers from next week!

Does Any Body Know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does any body know the stages in PBEC

First is data review stage

Then case is asigned to analyst

Then it goes for final approval

any idea

since my case has been assigned to an anlyst on june 9th 2006

I have seen justwatching case was approved in one month from date it was reopend

Please help if you know the answar

Tanveer

does it mean they just input my data within last 3 days? my Jun 20 screenshot is very empty with T-XXXXX, strongly doubt it? i will keep my finger crossed.

GC_Lover said:
wow...FINALLY! data entry is completed. For once they did what they said, or atleast we hope...

Why does it say "entire 365 applications" ? Does that mean it took so long to enter data for just 365 applications ?

In_GC_Race said: