Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Same here

My Occupation Title and Occupation Code got changed now, No idea what is happening!!!

-----------------
CA/RIR/EB2
PD 09/20/02

In_GC_Race said:
Strangely, I had a code of 151-031 just about a couple of weeks back, now it is changed to the style you mention.

Also, the previous screen-shot used to mention prevaliing wages, that field is empty in the latest screen-shot.

You can find DOT and SOC Codes here:
http://www.occupationalinfo.org/

Example: 030/062/010 is described here:
http://www.occupationalinfo.org/03/030062010.html

Also, I found this Excel sheet, that has mapping of DOT Code to SOC codes. Reading this excel sheet, is seems that SOC code is the new system, while for my case the Occupation code changed from SOC to DOT?!
http://www.ed.gov/rschstat/eval/rehab/support/doc-soc.xls

In_GC_Race

septphil02 said:
My Occupation Title and Occupation Code got changed now, No idea what is happening!!!

-----------------
CA/RIR/EB2
PD 09/20/02

What is your Occupation Code now? What was it previously? As I mentioned before, mine got changed from 151-031 to 030-062-010

indian_labor: My case is from CA.

Occupation Code got changed from 999151081 to 030162014

In_GC_Race said:
What is your Occupation Code now? What was it previously? As I mentioned before, mine got changed from 151-031 to 030-062-010

indian_labor: My case is from CA.

septphil02 said:
Occupation Code got changed from 999151081 to 030162014

So, it does look like that they are changing the SOC codes to DOT codes. Atleast we've seen in our two cases.

Has anyone else also seen this happen in their screen shots?

sm11299 said:
Guys,

I got a NOF from PBEC stating their 'intent to deny' the labor application. (After a 5 year wait). The reason is as follows

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The employers advertisement does not meet the criteria for certification because it does not state your minimum job requirements. Your advertisement specifies additional requirements, such as C/C++, ...
These are not listed on the 750 A as job requirements.

If the employer choosed to continue with this application, the employer must transmit the application and all attachments directly to this office for approval from the certifying officer and must also document a willingness to re-advertise the job opportunty.

A copy of ETA 750, Parts A and B have been returned in the event that any changes are necessary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What are my options ?
Is modifying ETA 750 forms a good thing ?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
sm11299

Did u ask your lawyer and employer? what options they are suggesting otherwise I think you should consider talking to Rajiv he might suggest better option. I think at this point you need to show extra documents from ur employer and your employer need proper suggestion from Lawyer to handle this kind of case. So you can proactively talk to couple of Lawyers and can suggest different options to ur employer.

Good news for PBEC Victims

Stephen Stefanko, previously a regional director and currently the Director of the Backlog Processing Center (BPC) in Philadelphia, will be retiring during the first week of July 2006.

-- Murthy Bulletin

He screwed up PBEC. Hope all PBEC victims can expect better like Dallas BEC.

Finally...my time has come.

It all started with a meeting scheduled for September 14, 2001 when my company was going to decide whether they would sponsor my green card or not.

Well, our offices were in the World Financial Center - across the street from the World Trade Center. We all know what happened a few days earlier.

A month later, the first of many delays in my labor certification, our company displaced, our managing director made the decision to sponsor my green card.

On November 14, 2001, we filed my labor certification.

At the time I knew little to nothing about the green card process. I remember looking at the "Processing Times" page in the DOL site. It stated RIR cases proessing March 2001. Well, it was an 8 month backlog plus 2 at regional. Ten months to get my labor certification. Little did I know April 2001 processing would get in the way.

So for the longest time, we got to see "April 2001". Then in early 2003, NY SWA magically skipped to May 2001. Finally! NY SWA had decided to create a separate queue for the 245i cases. A month later, NY SWA reverted to April 2001 saying that setting 245i cases aside was illegal. Kept on waiting.

Then in 2004, processing time - "May 2001" showed up again, this time for real. We created a tracker in our NY SWA thread and for several months we saw processing times actually move forward. In September/October 2004 it reached "October 2001". Finally it was almost my turn!.

I had been watching the Backlog Center RFPs for almost a year at that point. I must admit I was optimistic about them but hoped my case wouldn't have to go there.

A month later, SWAs stopped processing. The wait continued.

In early 2005 my case was transferred to the now infamous Philadelhpia Backlog Center. In March 2005, the PBPC claimed to have sent the 45-day letter to my employer and my attorney, neither received the letter.

I did not find out until February 2006 when we received the letter of closure.
Immediately the attorneys sent a letter stating that it had been a mistake. Kept on waiting.

In April 2006, we received unofficial notification that my case would be reinstated. 6-10 weeks to receive official notification they said. Kept on waiting.

May 17, 2006 - statement officially reopening my case along with my new 45-day letter. For once DOL was ahead of schedule. We responded immediately. And kept on waiting.

Today June 22, 2006 I received an e-mail from my attorney that my labor certification had been certified. When I got home, the courtesy copy was in my mailbox.

I don't need to tell anybody how useful this forum has been to me and all of us. I hope to see each of you get out from this step, move on and eventually obtain your permanent residence.

Good luck everyone,

JustWatching

JustWatching said:
It all started with a meeting scheduled for September 14, 2001 when my company was going to decide whether they would sponsor my green card or not.

Well, our offices were in the World Financial Center - across the street from the World Trade Center. We all know what happened a few days earlier.

A month later, the first of many delays in my labor certification, our company displaced, our managing director made the decision to sponsor my green card.

At the time I knew little to nothing about the green card process. I remember looking at the "Processing Times" page in the DOL site. It stated RIR cases proessing March 2001. Well, it was an 8 month backlog plus 2 at regional. Ten months to get my labor certification. Little did I know April 2001 processing would get in the way.

So for the longest time, we got to see "April 2001". Then in early 2003, NY SWA magically skipped to May 2001. Finally! NY SWA had decided to create a separate queue for the 245i cases. A month later, NY SWA reverted to April 2001 saying that setting 245i cases aside was illegal. Kept on waiting.

Then in 2004, processing time - "May 2001" showed up again, this time for real. We created a tracker in our NY SWA thread and for several months we saw processing times actually move forward. In September/October 2004 it reached "October 2001". Finally it was almost my turn!.

I had been watching the Backlog Center RFPs for almost a year at that point. I must admit I was optimistic about them but hoped my case wouldn't have to go there.

In early 2005 my case was transferred to the now infamous Philadelhpia Backlog Center. In March 2005, the PBPC claimed to have sent the 45-day letter to my employer and my attorney, neither received the letter.

Immediately the attorneys sent a letter stating that it had been a mistake. Kept on waiting.

In April 2006, we received unofficial notification that my case would be reinstated. 6-10 weeks to receive official notification they said. Kept on waiting.

May 17, 2006 - statement officially reopening my case along with my new 45-day letter. For once DOL was ahead of schedule. We responded immediately. And kept on waiting.

Today June 22, 2006 I received an e-mail from my attorney that my labor certification had been certified. When I got home, the courtesy copy was in my mailbox.

I don't need to tell anybody how useful this forum has been to me and all of us. I hope to see each of you get out from this step, move on and eventually obtain your permanent residence.

Good luck everyone,

JustWatching

Congratulations, JustWatching!!!
Let me be the first one to congratulate you here. :)

Ohhhhhhhhh!!! What a journey!!!!

Just Watching said:
MDWatch and mvinays,

My labor certification has been approved!

June 22, 2006.

Thank you for carrying on with the tracker. While my search for a new employer was fruitful it turns out I may just stick around with the old until it is all said and done.

Thank you all for participating.

JW

I am very glad for you JW!! :) Thank you for your dedicated and unparalleled effort in maintaining this tracker. This forum owes a lot to you. This tracker has kept our hopes alive. You have been a great resource, an embodiment of hope/patience and a great friend for all of us here. I wish you the best of luck for your I-140/I-485. Hope you get your permanent residence ASAP.

letter from PBEC

I ask My Lawyer to call PBEC to check the status of my Case, his paralegal made and send a letter of confirmations to PBEC and for 3 weeks, the PBEC replied (by Stephen Stefanko, certifying officer) a letter to my lawyer stating that my cases is 'The application is awaiting processing' . Any comments about this? Is Stephen Stefanko a certifying Officer? Is he replied this letter or there's an automated machine to do this replied? Some help here to explain to me what really happening? Thanks.

LC Advertisement requirements with RD date?

My case has clered RD before going to PBEC.
Any idea when they will check for Advertisements etc.,

I have filed my LC with one Advertisement posted in a major news paper and rest are all web based. over all there are three.

As it has cleared RD is it OK to assume they wont ask for more paper advertisements.
I have seen one NOF posting related to job requirements etc.,

my advertisement covers all of them and my experience meets those req-mts.

My case is also filed in 2002.

Gurus/Experts....Need Advise

My company filed for my labor in NY on 04/2002, RIR/EB3, 45DL replied in Oct'05. Now our group not the company is moved to NJ this month and our attorney is saying that you would have to refile the labor since it is a move. Since I am so close to the labor approval and my manager is willing to move me back to NY to stay till the time i get approval and file for I-140/I-485. Please advise if I move back to NY or file a new labor thru PERM (which would take roughly about 6 months or so). And, i have a labor and I-140 approved from my old employer whose PD (05/2001) i can use...Expert comments please.

Please help !!!
I ask for screen shot y'day and got reply nextday(today) , I use my compny address to email.
everything looks good except visa type, I am on h1-B visa and screen-shot indicate Visa Type: B-1 , it that the way it should be or something wrong in this ?

Please let me know and what need to be done in order to change this in case of wrong vis type .

JustWatching said:

Good luck everyone,

JustWatching

More than 1000 postings out of 14000 and odd postings, thats quite an effort from you JW. Thanks for being such an active member.

We are happy for you and we wish you all the very best in everything from now on..

no response from pbec for 8th year renewal verification

Lucky you. I sent 3 mails so far in the last 1 week. Didnt got any reply yet from pbec. (mail were sent from hotmail/gmail/company id).

raj_gl said:
Please help !!!
I ask for screen shot y'day and got reply nextday(today) , I use my compny address to email.
everything looks good except visa type, I am on h1-B visa and screen-shot indicate Visa Type: B-1 , it that the way it should be or something wrong in this ?

Please let me know and what need to be done in order to change this in case of wrong vis type .

Process of certifying cases from PBEC

pretty good read...
originally posted by "arln" in the PBEC 2001 and 2002 stuck cases" thread.

http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIM_Training_Manual.cfm

According to this document the employers will get a letter from PBEC when they start recruitment for Traditional cases...

but it does say draft at the top...so I don;t know if its actually used

Labor approved from VA

Folks ,
I have been a silent reader on this forum . Great information . Thanks to all the folks who have provided valuable input during this tough phase .

my priority date is 12/18/2002 VA RIR EB3

good luck .