Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Just go and see the pre-requisits for a H1 Visa by the DOL...
its up to the employing agency to decide on whether her knowledge and experience(can be education or work) useful for them.. to employ the candidate. A simple other requirement is to have atleast a degree and a moderate (optionally) expeirence for that job. I dont think anywhere specified that you need to have acadamics and exp in the same filed as H1 job offers.

I personally know a police constable from India working here as a SAP Technical... :confused:
NJPD022003 said:
Hi Guys,
I know this is not the forum, but my wife is going crazy not able to work(H4). She is a microbiologist and she says that she will learn SAP offered by some Desi company and they claim that they will sponsor her H1, my question is can a person with Masters in microbiology with 3 years experience from India as a microbiologist get an H1 as a SAP consultant. I seriously doubt it! What do u guys think?

Moved to Dallas???

Recently I have sent an email to Info@PHI.DFLC.US, and I got their typical blah blah reply just now. But one line striked my attention.

"If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to: h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us "

looking at the above mail id, they are asking me to send email to Dallas. What the heck? They moved my case to Dallas ? Any idea or wild guesses guys???

Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
PD: 8/9/2002
RD: 8/1/2003
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05
Received Case Reopened letter from PBEC: 9/29/2005 ( dated 9/23/2005)

lost4ever said:
Recently I have sent an email to Info@PHI.DFLC.US, and I got their typical blah blah reply just now. But one line striked my attention.

"If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to: h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us "

looking at the above mail id, they are asking me to send email to Dallas. What the heck? They moved my case to Dallas ? Any idea or wild guesses guys???

Thanks
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
Don't get me wrong, but you could be the next to get approved. I saw similar post few days back and he recvd his approval within few days!! It seems, for some odd reason, some CA cases have infact been moved Dallas and they are ones getting approved.

I may be entirely wrong..

Good luck!!

NEverGreen said:
In the Philly tracker, my case P-05143-xxxxx shows as Letter Received. I have not so far received any 45 day letter.
Can you please update.

NeverGreen, if your case number is P and you haven't received the letter, I'd strongly suggest you have your HR write a letter to PBEC to tell them the employer still wants to pursue your certification. Otherwise your case will be closed due to lack of 45-day response. It has happened to several people on this forum, and it's a pain in the neck to re-open a closed case.

good luck !

I recollect reading earlier in this thread that the information base for PBEC and DBEC are, by some miracle, shared. Therefore DBEC will be able to get the screen shot for PBEC cases and send it over.

All said and done, PBEC approvals are coming in fast now (touch wood). So I don't think moving case files from PBEC to DBEC would translate into a shiver of delight for me at least!

lost4ever said:

Thanks
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA

Labor Approved

Folks,

Finally, my labor got approved. Its been a 3.5 yrs long wait...Thanks to Saknia and others.

CA/RIR/EB3
PD: Sep 12 2002
RD: Aug 25 2003
45 day letter recv'd and repl'd: Feb 2005
Approval Date: Apr 28 2006

Thanks

congratulations !!

nanba said:
Folks,

Finally, my labor got approved. Its been a 3.5 yrs long wait...Thanks to Saknia and others.

CA/RIR/EB3

Thanks

Congratulation

nanba said:
Folks,

CA/RIR/EB3

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Just registered

Hi guys..I have been reading the posts for along time now. Just wanted to share my details

PD: Jan 2002
45 day Received: Jan 2005
Case closure notice: March 2005
They later reopened the case. Now I'm just waiting.

Surprising thing is, I don't see any Jan 02 - April 02 approvals here. Its like this bunch is given to somebody who is using those papers as a head rest??!

What's the plan?

For those of you with PDs in June 2002 to Aug 2002, who haven't got an approval: what's your plan of action? I want to know if we should be asking attorney to follow-up with PBEC or ask HR to do that or we call directly. Or do we just twiddle fingers and wait?

I know there are people waiting with PDs earlier than June 2002 - but it appears that a separate PBEC work force is working on files with PD post-June 2002 and that's why this question.

Thanx

Maybe

Is it possible, sure ... but I would suggest be careful about the company you talk to. They say one thing and do another.

If you do find something can you please come back here and post because my wife is in a similar situation.

NJPD022003 said:
Hi Guys,
I know this is not the forum, but my wife is going crazy not able to work(H4). She is a microbiologist and she says that she will learn SAP offered by some Desi company and they claim that they will sponsor her H1, my question is can a person with Masters in microbiology with 3 years experience from India as a microbiologist get an H1 as a SAP consultant. I seriously doubt it! What do u guys think?

MannyD said:
For those of you with PDs in June 2002 to Aug 2002, who haven't got an approval: what's your plan of action? I want to know if we should be asking attorney to follow-up with PBEC or ask HR to do that or we call directly. Or do we just twiddle fingers and wait?

I know there are people waiting with PDs earlier than June 2002 - but it appears that a separate PBEC work force is working on files with PD post-June 2002 and that's why this question.

Thanx
Personally I will wait for one or two months and If I start seeing steady approvals from 2003 and if I don't get my approval by that time, I will go to PBEC and go on hunger strike :) or will atleast try to go there and try to get status.

My lawyer had requested a status from PBEC few weeks back but no reply from them.

6th Yr

MannyD said:

Thanx

Being in my 6th Year of H1B, I dont have much choice but to wait unless some radical idea comes accross.

All those around my PD are pretty much around the corner to get approved so I will wait. I guess this wait will not be more than around 3 months more... >?

- Kiran

add me also

I dont see my details in the tracker. add me

CA EB2 RIR Nov 2002

PD: 11/2002
RD: 11/2003
45 day letter : Jan 2006
ETA : P-05160-XXXXX

What we should do PD betn June 2002 to Aug 2002

MannyD said:

Thanx

Good Question?? What we should do, people with PDs in June 2002 to Aug 2002.Mysteriously PBEC is moving forward with Sept 2002... Should we wait until another round comes up again starts from June 2002? How we can find out why some ppl between June 2002 to Aug 2002 did not get their approval.. I was thinking talking to my Lawyer but I lost hope.. From last three years he is telling mine will be in couple of months.....

Ladude :confused: :confused:
EB3, CA PD July 2002
45 day letter repiled in Dec 2004

pd betn June 2002 to Aug 2002

kiran00 said:
Being in my 6th Year of H1B, I dont have much choice but to wait unless some radical idea comes accross.

All those around my PD are pretty much around the corner to get approved so I will wait. I guess this wait will not be more than around 3 months more... >?

- Kiran

This is hard for me to believe (we will get it in 3 months??? Sorry dude I thing it will take more than that...turn back is difficult...ppl who missed are missed).

In my office some of my collogues got approval with pd between May 2002 to July 2002 form Oct 2005 to May 2006, with some pattern that each month it is moving forward but ppl who missed that month (For e.g June 2002 ) are still waiting from last 6 months
I think we need to find out either by sending letters to proper sources... At least we will know the reason.. that will give some relief...
Just my 2 cents...
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Ladude
CA, EB3, PD July 2002
45day letter replied Dec 2004

We deserve it?

Agree with Ladude 10 that Missing persons are found by PBEC with great difficulty. If current date of processing is Sept 2002, I do not expect anything for people having PD prior to that.

How hard is that for PBEC to process 5 silent users from their Database who never sent any query email to PBEC and process them. Patience is virtue. ...AND claim that they are processing Sept 2002.

Its good to know at least very few people got it...God knows how..definitely not on based on PD...I wish them well. For remaining of us, knock yourself out with quering in Google and going to differents forums....Nothing absolutely nothing is going to happen. We are intelligent folks who sincerely deserve thrashing by PBEC as we refuse to stand up. If we do not ask for our right.....Who else will do that.
Again not to dishearten anybody...This is my opinion.

Keeps your hopes alive...Keep checking your mail box every evening...there may be approval letter there tomorrow...May be...One thing you can be sure of...It wasn't there today...

ladude10 said:
This is hard for me to believe (we will get it in 3 months??? Sorry dude I thing it will take more than that...turn back is difficult...ppl who missed are missed).

In my office some of my collogues got approval with pd between May 2002 to July 2002 form Oct 2005 to May 2006, with some pattern that each month it is moving forward but ppl who missed that month (For e.g June 2002 ) are still waiting from last 6 months
I think we need to find out either by sending letters to proper sources... At least we will know the reason.. that will give some relief...
Just my 2 cents...
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Ladude
CA, EB3, PD July 2002
45day letter replied Dec 2004
Guys,

After looking at ladude's post, it seems it has nothing to do with company or how big or small your firm is, which is what I thought earlier and had been quite for some time.
I too have missed the boat and I'm in a similar situation. Don't understand what is criteria of approval, if not PD, RD, 45-day letter..what the hell they look at.

I recieved a letter (standard reply) from Chao's office which says that there are several factors and criteria's that certifying officer looks at before approving the cases and, they share the PBEC grief with me :)..what the f***??? and that the expected date of PBEC elimination is by Sept. 2007, which is not secret anymore.

Frankly speaking, there is nothing much we could do at this point other than calling the PBEC office and asking for status and asking for reasons..I have done that so many times and nothing has come out of it.

Finally, whatever hopes I had until now, have all evaporated, after seeing these wierd patterns of approval.

Wish I had not come here and stuck like this..As mentioned earlier..By end of this year, I am packing my bags and leaving for good.

Good luck to all of us!!!!

whereismy_gc said:
Guys,

After looking at ladude's post, it seems it has nothing to do with company or how big or small your firm is, which is what I thought earlier and had been quite for some time.
I too have missed the boat and I'm in a similar situation. Don't understand what is criteria of approval, if not PD, RD, 45-day letter..what the hell they look at.

I recieved a letter (standard reply) from Chao's office which says that there are several factors and criteria's that certifying officer looks at before approving the cases and, they share the PBEC grief with me :)..what the f***??? and that the expected date of PBEC elimination is by Sept. 2007, which is not secret anymore.

Frankly speaking, there is nothing much we could do at this point other than calling the PBEC office and asking for status and asking for reasons..I have done that so many times and nothing has come out of it.

Finally, whatever hopes I had until now, have all evaporated, after seeing these wierd patterns of approval.

Wish I had not come here and stuck like this..As mentioned earlier..By end of this year, I am packing my bags and leaving for good.

Good luck to all of us!!!!
Don't feel despondent. There is life beyond all this. You have give it your best by hanging so far so feel good about it.

Watch out till June end. May be there is something after that. PBEC track record is nothing to talk about about but one of the old message mentioned pace will pick up after 5th April and it did for some states.

Cheer up.

yea guys,

we are facing the worst and most miserable phase of our life stuck in this shit. I cant find a better word for this. But there is no point feeling down with ourselves for which we are out of control. We shud give ourselves time until Oct -year end. I think thats the way we shud keep our mind set to avoid less depression.

For the EB3 guys, the tragedy dosent end with labor. Hope some immigration releif comes thru for the miseries of having an American dream.