Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Not sure if March visa numbers are posted yet, but as predicted, it moved a lot.

China India Mexico All Other
EB-1 7/1/03 7/1/04 Current Current
EB-2 7/1/02 1/1/02 Current Current
EB-3 5/1/01 1/1/01 3/22/01 5/1/01

After spending some time on iv.org, it seems like they do have some credibility and genuine interest raising awareness about PBEC. But honestly I think IV's other goals completely contradict ours. We want visa numbers to take its own course rather than force it. Yes PERM is good for lawyers and new filers but for us who are stuck in PBEC, what purpose it solves ? We have our own problems (PBEC), why we worry about 485, 140, PERM...at this stage yet ?

3 years of wait at 485 stage is better than 1 year at PBEC.

So please stay away from your personal agenda, most of us here are interested in knowing about when we will get our labor cleared and what can be done to expedite it.

tikal said:
It is unfair that a '05 PD can file for 140/485 before an '01 PD. Since the pace of PBEC/DBEC cannot be controlled externally, the most logical way of injecting fairness into this God-forsaken system is to stop all 485 processing till ALL BEC backlog is cleared. This way people might get approved in random order from PBEC, DBEC and PERM (Prem as Tanveer likes to call it), but everyone gets queued for 140/485 in the order of their PD.

I have written to various media & politicians (hopefully 10% of the people read such mails) to keep retrogression firmly in place. If retrogression is removed, BEC LCs and especially PBEC LCs will have to wait for another 5 years for 140/485 adjudication.

Clearly IV.org's intent is fundamentally against the fast clearance of BEC backlog. Don't spend your hard-earned money in sending them any contribution. That will only hurt you in the long run. Time would be well spent in pursuing ways to [1] clear BEC backlog fast AND [2] keep retrogression in place.
yeah that is exactly right...
we have been waiting for yearss...
actually when i heard about retro i was happy...
I am also thinking that it is a way of applying justice and done in purpose...

Cric said:
Whoever got us arguing wth each other must be laughing a lot now. lets stop arguing, lets stay away from this forum a couple of days, lets take PBEC out of our minds and enjoy the weekend.

you all have a nice weekend.

well said...

let us all chill out and not look at he forum for few days(which we will not do, its sort of a home page for us :) )

All these arguments/suggestions will go nowhere..just some blind ideas wanting to comeout of this blackhole...!!

StressTestInUSA said:
well said...

let us all chill out and not look at he forum for few days(which we will not do, its sort of a home page for us :) )

oh, so it's not only me who is totally addicted to this forum and checks it several times a day ??! :) I'm shocked !

have a good weekend folks

Cric said:
Whoever got us arguing wth each other must be laughing a lot now. lets stop arguing, lets stay away from this forum a couple of days, lets take PBEC out of our minds and enjoy the weekend.

you all have a nice weekend.

Hi You Guys got me wrong

Filing a lawsuit to stop will not stop PERM until Judgement is given which might take months. But the Furore it will create will have effect for PBEC.

PERM has both good and Bad. When some one has lost his PD the next thing he need to do stay in US is to file PERM . That is what we advise. ( for that matter I have not advised anyone recently) I have told all 2005 Guys should opt for PERM instead of waiting here not knowing what will happen next

PERM will not go away whether you and me like it or not. It is the Best alternative for Labor they brought in many years. They should have cleared all old cases before switching to PERM or considered switching all Old cases as PERM which would have eased our problem

Lawsuit or Retrogession or Ad - Everyone has thier own agenda. I will never force anyobe to join here or make a decision. Just sharing what I know . Iam not anykind of selfstyled Guru or anything like some one mnetioned. What is in there except to share what you alaredy know because of this PBEC. If my labor has cleared in 2 months you think I will know so much - Nothing. So where is this Guru thing. After my GC Iam not starting any Attorney Firm either. All this knowledge is all piece of S............

I was just sharing my thoughts.Just take it or leave it . I have my own agenda like every one has theirs. Follow that as it suits you . Period.......

Now I feel bad writing to you like this wasting my time.

The only thing I am afraid of (don't get me wrong, I $upported the lawsuit) is the PBEC slowing down the application processing because they have to concentrate and focus on defending themselves in a lawsuit. This, they may say pulls them away from their day-to-day activities, which pertain to precisely processing all the backlog. I would hate for our lawsuit to create such a misconstrued atmosphere...
BTW, I am a Newbie here and (excuse me for the dumb question) can anyone please tell me in one sentence what retrogression is and how it impacts our backlog at the PBEC.
Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
saknia said:
I was just sharing my thoughts.Just take it or leave it . I have my own agenda like every one has theirs. Follow that as it suits you . Period.......

Now I feel bad writing to you like this wasting my time.

Hi Saknia, please don't be discourage or feel bad because of some people comment. Everybody here appreciate for what you have done, for all your help and knowledge. Just because some people disagree with you doesn't mean others too. We all here because we are all in the same boat, stuck and no where to go :). Desperate and scared at the same time and don't know what to do with all this mess.

but at least with the existance of this forum we know that we are not alone and just by knowing that is already help :)

and you and others that are willing to share their knowledge, comment (even the bad one) do make a difference. Who willing to check this forum everyday or even twice or more a day if there is no update :p

so have a nice weekend. Cheers.

they closed my case

[guys i need help.
today after 5 years of applying for LC. (April2001) they send my letter of closing my case. i respond to 45 letter in sep 2005, they claim that they did not recive my respond. i have a profe from FEDX. my visa will expir in AUG. after long 6 years of suffering..i alomst had hard attack today...i do not what should i do?????????

elassar2005 said:
[guys i need help.
today after 5 years of applying for LC. (April2001) they send my letter of closing my case. i respond to 45 letter in sep 2005, they claim that they did not recive my respond. i have a profe from FEDX. my visa will expir in AUG. after long 6 years of suffering..i alomst had hard attack today...i do not what should i do?????????

Well I had said that I will take my mind out of PBEC and spend my weekend without worrying about it, but this sad story doesn't allow me that luxury.

I am sorry to hear about it, i understand your feeling, don't worry, some people have been successful in getting their cases reopened, talk to your attorney, turn a few pages of the forum backwards and you will see posts advicing on how to get the cases reopened...but don;t think about it this weekend (which I know is very difficult) and monday chart out your plan of action with a clear frame of mind. I know you will be successful in getting your case reopened.

Don't worry. Please go to your local congressman

elassar2005 said:
[guys i need help.

Discussing this with your local congressman will help you. This is a sheer mistake and they would approve your case straight away. Please find your local congressman here:

http://www.house.gov/zip/ZIP2Rep.html

Enter your home zip code and get an appointment by calling them. Good Luck man. Don't worry.

elassar2005 said:
[guys i need help.

Sorry to hear the tragedy....there r few members here with same problem...go back few pages and get in touch wih them...you can get help from them..

Finally

Finally my labor got approved today - could not believe my eyes!!
Have been reading this forum for a long time - thought I would share with you all.

Date - Nov 2001 from washington DC.

Hope all the others see good news too.!!

Congraulations!! Would you please share your details with us.

mch said:
Have been reading this forum for a long time - thought I would share with you all.

Urgent Need Some Advice........ Please

Please advice me if I should file the PERM or not.
My PD is November 2003 ,RIR, EB3
Non-Retro Country ,
45 days letter recieved and reply in Spetember 2005,
6 year expiring in June 2006, apllied for 7th year extension.

Should I apply for PERM or not, my lawyer told me not to apply for PERM as I Will lose my PD since for non retro countries for EB3 the currently the visa avaialbiulty date is April 2001, can any body advice what other things that I need to consider in this matter. Really appriciate your help.

Thanks to whoever advice me , I will be very greatfull

ImmiVictim

indio0617 said:
IV's main goal is Backlog & Retrogression

- Backlog is on the forefront of IV's agenda and anybody suggesting otherwise is simple incorrect.

- IV team discussed in detail with Senior White House staff about backlog issue. Working closely with administration to find solution.

- Working with CA Congresswoman for a plan to have a bipartisan approach in the House for backlog issue. The plan includes administrative as well as legislative solution.

Hello indio0617 hope you are reading this. Tell your congresswoman there is an extremely simple solution to cut the backlog i half if not more. Most of the legal immigrants who filed labor application are on H1B visa.

In order to get an H1B one must get a permisison from the department of labor. So in fact everyone on H1B already has an approved labor certification. Why does he need to apply the second time ?
Let all H1B go directly to the I140 and your problem is solved and none of the laws is broken.

Those who are not on H1B would also benefit greatly as the BEC would concentrate on their cases and would finish the job much sooner.

If IV guys do care about the backlog they can try to convey this message to the authorities.

Last edited by a moderator:
mch said:

Congrats!!!
Pls provide more details.
RIR or Regular?
EB2 or EB3?
Whend did it make it to Regional DOL?

ImmiVictim said:
Non-Retro Country ,

Should I apply for PERM or not, my lawyer told me not to apply for PERM as I Will lose my PD since for non retro countries for EB3 the currently the visa avaialbiulty date is April 2001, can any body advice what other things that I need to consider in this matter. Really appriciate your help.

ImmiVictim

The only benefit you may get in filing PERM and if its get approved is you can file I-140. Once your I-140 is approved, you may extend your H1B for 3 years instead of getting extended in 1 year increment.

Even you file PERM and if it gets denied, you will lose your PD, Nov 2003 is a good choice of PD, and since you filed in RIR, all you have to do is wait, and it will come ONE day.

Check March visa bulletin, the PD moved to May 1st 2001. I am not a forcaster, but the retrogression hit started from July 2005, and there is a good chance for EB3 for worldwide to move forward as October mark their new fiscal year. You didnt mention what state you filed your RIR from, otherwise check with the tracker if people are getting approval from that state. Hope this helps.

ImmiVictim said:
Non-Retro Country ,

ImmiVictim

If you can file EB2, go ahead.. Eb2 other countries is current.. if not... don't bother.. unless it's a live or die situation in your current co.

gcco

Finally

details of approved labor:
EB2 RIR case
Case was filed thru Washington DC
Case was received by DOL on November 30, 2001.
Got 45 Day Notice Letter on :: April 12 2005

The funny thing is I spent $200 to consult with a Murthy lawyer the day before and was ready to go ahead and apply PERM labor as I had an earlier approved Priority date(current) from an earlier approved I-140.

Good luck to all you who are waiting - hope it happens sooner than later.