Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Again a random case got approved

GC_Geek said:
Hi Titan,
First of all, my labor was not yet approved, I am saying and giving the details of another approval of similar labor from my company.
Secondly, I didnt get you what do you mean by Plan B, Plan C,D and E means
thanks,
Geek

Well anyways your freind is lucky. A lot of people with earlier PD are waiting.

July 2002,ca,eb2,rir,P-04308-XXXXX

any help.....

Hi, its been while since I posted my questions/particapated in this forum. My PD is 05/27/04, Philly BPC, does anybody got the 45 days letter around this time/any approval. Originally, its from Foreign Labor Certification office in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Could someone please tell me. thanks a lot for the help.

Later..
Navjo

GC_Geek said:
Friends, Experts and other fellow GC victims(esp Philly),
I need your advise

Situation:
My employer called me on friday and told me that they got their first approval from the batch of GC applied way back in year 2002 in which mine is also an application on which I am depending right now for my GC. I asked for the details of THAT one approval and they are going to send me today.

My HR also told me that they got a couple of PERM approvals with in 2 weeks.
Also she said that they changed the lawyer for the company through which they got these PERM approvals. Then I asked what are the possibilities for my PERM, she said that its possible through EB2(a side note here: My employer made a mistake of applying my old GC in the pool of EB3 eventhough I am having 3 Masters, She said sorry abt that after a couple of years.. thats an old story). Also I asked, how much money does it cost for PERM, she estimated around $2,500+.

My Options:
1) Is it a good idea for me to ask them to process my PERM under EB2( I need to pay $2500 for this)? If I ask, they will start it right now, they dont need to run the ads seperately, there are some running already for PERM in my skill set.
2) Since one guy already got the the old GC approval in my old GC batch, Shall I wait for mine soon? The down side of this is mine was under EB3 in that batch.

Questions:
1) Does it make any differance if I get my LC under EB2 for the i140 and i485 stages?
2) Does the GC approcal by paying $2.5K makes any diffrance due to the present Retrogression status?

Any advise in this regard is highly appreciated for your time and your knowledge for my right decision

Regards
GC_Geek

Update: I just got the details of the above LC approval that I was talking about

Philly BPC Case # : P-04323-066XX (EB3/RIR)
45Days Love Letter : 03/17/05
CA SWD PD : 10/18/2002
SF DOL RD : xx/xx/xxxx
DOT Code : 15-1032
Certified on Nov 28, 2005

Talk to my lawyer about possibility to switch to PERM instead of waiting endlessly my RIR labor cert got approved from Philly PBC and he told me
if I had master degree it will be better for me to process under PERM because there is no waiting list so far for people process their GC with Master. If I don't have Master and have priority date back in 2002, he suggest me to wait because he said the waiting list for people don't have master degree is back to 2001 therefor is useless to switch (I'm in this list)

I don't know about you can process your case pararelly ( I mean under RIR and then PERM at the same time). What I know after discussed with my lawyer and do some research, the choice is you can transfer your case to perm if you already process under RIR without losing your priority date or you totally open the new case under PERM. (Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong).

About $2500 dollar to paid to go to PERM, that is nothing compare to me that have to paid more than $3500 just to get extension for my H1B with expedite approval. I still try to come up with the total sum right now.
($ 1000, lawyer fee, $1500 company check + form Fee and $ 1000 dollar to expedite the case )

BTW, can anyone explain to me difference between EB1,EB2,EB3 ? Thanks.

CA SWD PD # 11/12/2002
CA approved 09/26/2003
DOL Received date #10/06/2003
45Days Love Letter : 03/10/05
45Days Love Reply : 03/18/05
Philly case# P-04320-#####

GC_Lover said:
If you want PBEC to consider your NJ application, why did you apply from RI again 2004? It increases waiting time for people who applied once in 2001 and are waiting to see their approval.

Did you apply with 2 different employers? if yes then you can give employer name in the email and get status of that LC, if they are from same employer I am not sure how PBEC would react.

Well, ironically I applied from RI in early Nov 2004, just before PERM kicked in. For some reason PBEC status shows that my PD id Dec, 2004.

Anyway thanks for your response.

My bad.I misread your quote as your LC was approved and so was asking you to avoid planning for a PERM.I Apologize Geek man !!

GC_Geek said:
Hi Titan,
First of all, my labor was not yet approved, I am saying and giving the details of another approval of similar labor from my company.
Secondly, I didnt get you what do you mean by Plan B, Plan C,D and E means
thanks,
Geek

Mine PD is Aug 2002, CA, RIR and currently sitting in Philidelphia. I haven't seen any approvals with PD range Aug 2002. If any body seen else where please update.

-sacbee

saknia said:
One more approval ( Might be Random as this is from Oct 2002.) But still good

Philly BPC Case # : P-04323-066XX (EB3/RIR)
45Days Love Letter : 03/17/05
CA SWD PD : 10/18/2002
SF DOL RD : xx/xx/xxxx
DOT Code : 15-1032
Certified on Nov 28, 2005

question to the experts..

Now that PBEC LC approval is not moving to all CA cases, is it good decision to file it in PERM?

How about request the cases to pull out it in PHilly and transfer to Dallas? Is it possible to do this?

Did you ask your lawyer how long it gonna take to approve LC with PD 2002? like its gonna be january 2006 or whatsoever?

For your request the difference between EB1,EB2,EB3.. here's murthy's article..
http://www.murthy.com/arc_news/a_inscla.html

katrina17 said:
Talk to my lawyer about possibility to switch to PERM instead of waiting endlessly my RIR labor cert got approved from Philly PBC and he told me
if I had master degree it will be better for me to process under PERM because there is no waiting list so far for people process their GC with Master. If I don't have Master and have priority date back in 2002, he suggest me to wait because he said the waiting list for people don't have master degree is back to 2001 therefor is useless to switch (I'm in this list)

I don't know about you can process your case pararelly ( I mean under RIR and then PERM at the same time). What I know after discussed with my lawyer and do some research, the choice is you can transfer your case to perm if you already process under RIR without losing your priority date or you totally open the new case under PERM. (Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong).

About $2500 dollar to paid to go to PERM, that is nothing compare to me that have to paid more than $3500 just to get extension for my H1B with expedite approval. I still try to come up with the total sum right now.
($ 1000, lawyer fee, $1500 company check + form Fee and $ 1000 dollar to expedite the case )

CA SWD PD # 11/12/2002
CA approved 09/26/2003

anupal said:
Well, ironically I applied from RI in early Nov 2004, just before PERM kicked in. For some reason PBEC status shows that my PD id Dec, 2004.

Anyway thanks for your response.

if you applied from different employer send email with that employer name and if both LCs are with same employer then I am not sure what will happen and which one will they pick.

katrina17 said:

CA SWD PD # 11/12/2002
CA approved 09/26/2003
Kartina,

Who told you about the "NO" waiting list for Master's candidates if they file through PERM. I know your lawyer told you....but does he have any reference. Could you please clarify....

thanks

Labor Approved!

Got an email from my lawyer with the scan of the approval from PBEC. Can't believe it, honestly. Only mitigating factor for this early approval may be that there is a satellite office of PBEC which I have heard processes the Philly regional applications.

MVinays, could you please link this post to the BEC tracker thread? I am not sure how to crosspost it, and JW probably looks out for your links. Thanks.

Harrisburg SWA PD: 14 Nov 2003
Philly DOL RD: 7 Dec 2004
45 day letter recd: 31 Oct 2005
BEC case number: P-05227-05xxx
45 day letter replied: 7 Nov 2005
LC approved: 7 Dec 2005

One more approval from other thread

stucklabor said:
Got an email from my lawyer with the scan of the approval from PBEC. Can't believe it, honestly. Only mitigating factor for this early approval may be that there is a satellite office of PBEC which I have heard processes the Philly regional applications.

MVinays, could you please link this post to the BEC tracker thread? I am not sure how to crosspost it, and JW probably looks out for your links. Thanks.

Congratulations!
Was it RIR or regular?

It is right here

stucklabor said:

Someone, from CA RIR Regional waiting list, earlier asked for the proof of PBEC approving cases way beyond Mar 2002.

It is right here!!!

From DBEC I saw steady approval from Mar 2005 with (almost) fifo order for RIR cases.

No such steady approval from PBEC. No fifo. Just few random cases, 2 or 3 everymonth. When this will end?

TechGuy
~CA Victim

TechGuy said:
Someone, from CA RIR Regional waiting list, earlier asked for the proof of PBEC approving cases way beyond Mar 2002.

It is right here!!!

From DBEC I saw steady approval from Mar 2005 with (almost) fifo order for RIR cases.

No such steady approval from PBEC. No fifo. Just few random cases, 2 or 3 everymonth. When this will end?

TechGuy
~CA Victim

Looks like PBEc is now touching each state Boxes and approving what come out first. Reason ???

My Guess : Since we all pursued efforts through various State Senator's office, PBEC wants atleast one case processed for each state so that they can reply back with that information ( if need arises)

Otherthan this one cannot deduce any Logic for this randomness with States and Dates

Congratualtino, Stucklabor.

When you said you have the scan copy of the approval, would you mind telling us who signed the paper? Stephen Stafanko, the CO of PBEC?
stucklabor said:
Traditional.

stucklabor,

Could you clarify as to if your case was filed in EB-1,2,3 category and was it filed in PA state?

Thanks,
Samarth