Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hey Saknia,

So if you say "DO NOT TRY to REPLY for this and make this Forum irrelevant here." no one should reply or what and the world will stop? who the hell you think you are?.... your reply yesterday was extremely rude and insulting...dont forget that .....so you can post whatever you want yesterday and then the next day u will say "do not reply" ......anyways if you posted this message before your other message ppl wud have listened...anyways don't want to waste time talking to useless folks like you...i wanted to thank MDwatch, StressTestInUSA and mariner555. thanks guys, u rock

saknia said:
Read this First and keep this in Mind

Again I repeat - Iam not a Moderator. This is just a Guidance. Like some one said here . If you do not like this Leave it.DO NOT TRY to REPLY for this and make this Forum irrelevant here.

Guys Be Cool Man.No Offence any time and No Personal cursings.

I don't control this Forum to dictate what comes in here and who answer what.On the same Page one cannot stop one's posting which tries to bring in some order here. Plus I don't need to know all answers to advise on what is being posted here.

My Point is if we start discussing all the worldly issues here there is no end.

Everyday lots of people who are struck in PBEC comes here to see the progress PBEC is making.If we add unwanted questions ( not releavent to this forum) we add up the messs.

Imagine when you don't come to this site for few weeks and want to followup later on what has happened since then, You have to read atleast 200-300 Messages, that too not related to PBEC approvals, issues etc

Another point people say here often- I live in this Forum and that is why I have to ask the questions here about my 7th Year,Canadian Immigration etc etc

What is related to What is a Big Question. There is no way one can say whether a Canadian PR is related to Struck LC etc

But at some degree we need to keep that relationship.

My Post was making a point on how people relate unrelated issues of PBEC and try to post qustions here. No Body goes back and check previous posts in this Forum nor on many others here. No Homework done and Just simple answers wanted in seconds.

Just because one is living in this Forum he can post all his qustions here and try to get answers. This is not a One Stop Shop.

In fact there are various Forums where people need your questions and answers. (For example one might have the same question you asked and might need an answer.) If he looks for say in 7th Year extension Issues Forum he might miss your questions and the answers from our Guru's.This is another reason why this question should not come here and answered here.

Again I repeat - Iam not a Moderator. This is just a Guidance. Like some one said here . If you do not like this Leave it.DO NOT TRY to REPLY for this and make this Forum irrelevant here.

yea Saknia,

All of us are in the same boat when concerned with immi matters. Sometimes we get better info here than our attorneys. You can wonder outloud that you r in which forum like when a guy sometime ago was selling some 'Sony digital camera' in PBEC forum...

Dont check into this forum once in a week, do it every other day so u dont have to read thru 100's of messages, that wont hurt, you will learn only something new which will be surely useful somewhere in the longrun in your GC journey...

PBEC is in enough mess, it cant get any worser than this. No matter how many postings we post in this forum, it will make no big difference except for venting out our frustrations. Those labors will get cleared when our good-times come in..

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the process PBEC followed so far as I noticed in this forum

mariner555,

That is the process what PBEC has followed so far by my looking at postings in this forum for the past year or so.
When a T number changes to P number, you are about to get 45-day letter.
Keep watching status by sending email to PBEC, may be every month, to see whether PBEC's response shows your application's status is in Data review or in Final review.
My take is that if your status shows Data review, your application is about to be, or, being processed; if status shows Final review, your case will be decided soon.
But do not know how soon.
This is only my view. Please check if others have different views.

mariner555 said:
Hi,
a follow up question ..how do you know this ? my lawyer told me that she has a case number for me P-05010-XXXXX. but she says she has not recd 45 days letter..
my PD is 03/08/2004 ..went to federal DOL in sept 2004 and then to PBEC mess.

does this mean I will be getting 45 days letter soon ?

HI ICANY & Mariner 55

Initially PBEC Started entering cases with P Nos. For cases they could not fiinish they did a Partial entries with T Numbers. This was supposed to give them all cases in the system so that they can do the so called FIFO. But FIFO was never followed correctly or rather followed in a convenient way they find it possible (Like Process all cases opened per Box, Process all RIR for a particular Region from 2001 etc etc)

Nowadays people get 45 days letter after P entry is esatblished. Looking at Mariner's case it should have been sent out long back in Jan 2005 because his P Case number is P0510- XXXX ( 10th Day of 2005) .

Even PBEC is processing cases with out 45 days letter nowadays.( Case where address and other information does not have any discrepancies). 45 days letter now serves as a proof that the case is in tact and does not need any further verification

Good if one gets this . Otherwise one need not worry much.

One can send a letter to PBEC requesting proof for 7th Year extension and this used to give the Case Status like Data Review, RIR, Final Review etc. Since PBEC got lots of e mails which they cannot attend they have removed Case Status field in that email reply recently. So Now there is no way of knowing the Case Status like you suggest here. Howe ever Attorney's can check and get information

After Final Review people used to get Approvals in 45- 60 Days Time Frame - Going by the cases posted here in this Forum

that was not nice

saknia said:
How do I play Golf Better after I get my Labor certified. :rolleyes:

Is it better to Play Golf First and then Play Soccer or Soccer First - this is before I file I140 :D

Will Joining a Piano Class will affect my 495 process( not sure which is correct for Adjustment of Status 475- 495. A feiend of mine told me is something between 490-500) :mad:

Sorry if this is a wrong Forum and wrong Questions :confused:

Because I see lot of Good people who answer all kinds of these questions as long the question contains any of these Buzz words - GC, H1b, 7th Year,GC, I140, 485 etc. :confused:

Some time it make me wonder Loudly - Which Forum are we in :)

Seen somewhere else. DOL expects completion of all 45-day
letters by Jun 2006, after that they should be able to publish
processing time info. Just 6 more months.

Meanwhile one of my friends who had a business trip here
from Bangalore consoled me ( when i expressed apprehension
that my ship might sink before GC process is over - or before labor
is cleared from PBEC - in which case i have to make trip home )
that my native place is having far more job opportunities ;-) .
See http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051207/ap_on_hi_te/india_microsoft
On the other hand i thought if this continues at this rate will there be
a job left here when eventually i get the green card ?

Movement on priority dates?

Hello All,

I have been checking this forum periodically, but lately haven't been able to discern if the PD dates that had retrogressed for EB3 back to '98 or '99, has there been any forward movement on these dates?

Also, would like to know if the forum is seeing any approvals lately...Is there any ray of hope???

Thanks

Anyone in my situation

Hi friends,

I am very frustrated with my situation. I applied two LCs from two different states.

1. NJ - April 2003

2. RI - Dec 2004.

When I sent an email to PBEC asking the status of my NJ LC. They responded back with RI LC status. I checked like this couple of times and both times they responded with RI LC status. Now I was wondering if something happened to my NJ LC. I am already in 7th year and I hate to loose April 2003 priority date.

Since both states fall under PBEC, does PBEC maintain only ONE LC in their system. Please if someone have any information please let me know. I am worried if PBEC doesn't consider my NJ LC.

Thanks

BEC update from my lawyer

Eventually got to speak to my lawyer, and he told me that according to his insider info, PBEC is still trying to get over the April 2001 bottleneck. After that everything willl be much faster. I asked him why we are seeing March-May 2002 cases approved from PBEC and he said those are all "random mistakes". I then asked about my case, PD 1/6/03, he said the best scenario is to get my LC end of 2006. He used to encourage me to apply through PERM before the visa retrogression and now he instructed to wait.
I don't want to believe this but i thought i'd share. :(
I remember we used to have some members like Tomshu, AprilLC, who were able to get insider info, are they still around? this black hole is so frustrating.
----------------------------------------
RIR EB2
PD: 1/6/03, PA
RD: 9/9/03, philadelphia
45D letter: 12/28/04, replied 1/3/05

anupal said:
Hi friends,

I am very frustrated with my situation. I applied two LCs from two different states.

1. NJ - April 2003

2. RI - Dec 2004.

When I sent an email to PBEC asking the status of my NJ LC. They responded back with RI LC status. I checked like this couple of times and both times they responded with RI LC status. Now I was wondering if something happened to my NJ LC. I am already in 7th year and I hate to loose April 2003 priority date.

Since both states fall under PBEC, does PBEC maintain only ONE LC in their system. Please if someone have any information please let me know. I am worried if PBEC doesn't consider my NJ LC.

Thanks

If you want PBEC to consider your NJ application, why did you apply from RI again 2004? It increases waiting time for people who applied once in 2001 and are waiting to see their approval.

Did you apply with 2 different employers? if yes then you can give employer name in the email and get status of that LC, if they are from same employer I am not sure how PBEC would react.

Need Experts Advise

Friends, Experts and other fellow GC victims(esp Philly),
I need your advise

Situation:
My employer called me on friday and told me that they got their first approval from the batch of GC applied way back in year 2002 in which mine is also an application on which I am depending right now for my GC. I asked for the details of THAT one approval and they are going to send me today.

My HR also told me that they got a couple of PERM approvals with in 2 weeks.
Also she said that they changed the lawyer for the company through which they got these PERM approvals. Then I asked what are the possibilities for my PERM, she said that its possible through EB2(a side note here: My employer made a mistake of applying my old GC in the pool of EB3 eventhough I am having 3 Masters, She said sorry abt that after a couple of years.. thats an old story). Also I asked, how much money does it cost for PERM, she estimated around $2,500+.

My Options:
1) Is it a good idea for me to ask them to process my PERM under EB2( I need to pay $2500 for this)? If I ask, they will start it right now, they dont need to run the ads seperately, there are some running already for PERM in my skill set.
2) Since one guy already got the the old GC approval in my old GC batch, Shall I wait for mine soon? The down side of this is mine was under EB3 in that batch.

Questions:
1) Does it make any differance if I get my LC under EB2 for the i140 and i485 stages?
2) Does the GC approcal by paying $2.5K makes any diffrance due to the present Retrogression status?

Any advise in this regard is highly appreciated for your time and your knowledge for my right decision

Regards
GC_Geek

Update: I just got the details of the above LC approval that I was talking about

Philly BPC Case # : P-04323-066XX (EB3/RIR)
45Days Love Letter : 03/17/05
CA SWD PD : 10/18/2002
SF DOL RD : xx/xx/xxxx
DOT Code : 15-1032
Certified on Nov 28, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
saknia got a point

As many of the old timers of this forum including me has said before, please try to keep your comments related to this forum's focus. After all the forum's name is PBEC tracking. Thats the whole point of having so many different forums right? -- So that people can discuss focused issues.

And if as yourself said you have lived in this forum, why are you still asking the same basic questions that have been answered so many times. If you cannot keep the topic directly related to the tracking effort here, you are still free to post whatever you want. At least Sakania has the right to post his/her thought too. Whats the big fuss.

BTW, Sakania thats for keeping up the PBEC approval only thread where I can find new approvals easily.

I would say go for the EB2 perm is a better option and $2500 isn't so much. As my understanding that you can have 2 labor pending at the same time, but am not sure if you can have 2 i-140.

When you said your employer got first approval, is that one from PBEC, the same time frame as yours? please clarify.

Thanks my Friend, for your quick reply,
I just updated the APPROVED GC details at the bottom of my first message
Once again, thanks for your advise
-Geek

VAhoper said:
As many of the old timers of this forum including me has said before, please try to keep your comments related to this forum's focus. After all the forum's name is PBEC tracking. Thats the whole point of having so many different forums right? -- So that people can discuss focused issues.

And if as yourself said you have lived in this forum, why are you still asking the same basic questions that have been answered so many times. If you cannot keep the topic directly related to the tracking effort here, you are still free to post whatever you want. At least Sakania has the right to post his/her thought too. Whats the big fuss.

BTW, Sakania thats for keeping up the PBEC approval only thread where I can find new approvals easily.

Is there any statistic on the APR 2001 backlog numbers.And can anyone post the link to the latest PBEC tracker please.

liaoguoxf said:
Eventually got to speak to my lawyer, and he told me that according to his insider info, PBEC is still trying to get over the April 2001 bottleneck. After that everything willl be much faster. I asked him why we are seeing March-May 2002 cases approved from PBEC and he said those are all "random mistakes". I then asked about my case, PD 1/6/03, he said the best scenario is to get my LC end of 2006. He used to encourage me to apply through PERM before the visa retrogression and now he instructed to wait.
I don't want to believe this but i thought i'd share. :(
I remember we used to have some members like Tomshu, AprilLC, who were able to get insider info, are they still around? this black hole is so frustrating.
----------------------------------------
RIR EB2
PD: 1/6/03, PA
RD: 9/9/03, philadelphia
45D letter: 12/28/04, replied 1/3/05

Dude if the labor is approved why dont you take it and file your I-140.

You may get lucky with lots of the attorneys lobbying for removing

retrogression.Again plan B is great.Plan C,D and E is confusion.

GC_Geek said:
Friends, Experts and other fellow GC victims(esp Philly),
I need your advise

Situation:
My employer called me on friday and told me that they got their first approval from the batch of GC applied way back in year 2002 in which mine is also an application on which I am depending right now for my GC. I asked for the details of THAT one approval and they are going to send me today.

My HR also told me that they got a couple of PERM approvals with in 2 weeks.
Also she said that they changed the lawyer for the company through which they got these PERM approvals. Then I asked what are the possibilities for my PERM, she said that its possible through EB2(a side note here: My employer made a mistake of applying my old GC in the pool of EB3 eventhough I am having 3 Masters, She said sorry abt that after a couple of years.. thats an old story). Also I asked, how much money does it cost for PERM, she estimated around $2,500+.

My Options:
1) Is it a good idea for me to ask them to process my PERM under EB2( I need to pay $2500 for this)? If I ask, they will start it right now, they dont need to run the ads seperately, there are some running already for PERM in my skill set.
2) Since one guy already got the the old GC approval in my old GC batch, Shall I wait for mine soon? The down side of this is mine was under EB3 in that batch.

Questions:
1) Does it make any differance if I get my LC under EB2 for the i140 and i485 stages?
2) Does the GC approcal by paying $2.5K makes any diffrance due to the present Retrogression status?

Any advise in this regard is highly appreciated for your time and your knowledge for my right decision

Regards
GC_Geek

Update: I just got the details of the above LC approval that I was talking about

Good to see a CA approval...fro Phliy

GC_Geek said:
Thanks my Friend, for your quick reply,
I just updated the APPROVED GC details at the bottom of my first message
Once again, thanks for your advise
-Geek

GCTitan said:
Dude if the labor is approved why dont you take it and file your I-140.

You may get lucky with lots of the attorneys lobbying for removing

retrogression.Again plan B is great.Plan C,D and E is confusion.

Hi Titan,
First of all, my labor was not yet approved, I am saying and giving the details of another approval of similar labor from my company.
Secondly, I didnt get you what do you mean by Plan B, Plan C,D and E means
thanks,
Geek

Guys lets stop here

forum_addict said:
Hey Saknia,

So if you say "DO NOT TRY to REPLY for this and make this Forum irrelevant here." no one should reply or what and the world will stop? who the hell you think you are?.... your reply yesterday was extremely rude and insulting...dont forget that .....so you can post whatever you want yesterday and then the next day u will say "do not reply" ......anyways if you posted this message before your other message ppl wud have listened...anyways don't want to waste time talking to useless folks like you...i wanted to thank MDwatch, StressTestInUSA and mariner555. thanks guys, u rock
I d not support either of you. But lets stop it lets not make this page another mess we are already in one mess. Please d not add to the suffering.

Please do stop.

July 2002,ca,rir,eb2

One more CA RIR Oct 2002 Approval

One more approval ( Might be Random as this is from Oct 2002.) But still good