Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

May be this'll help

pennwaiting said:
I don't believe it works that way. Unless their I-485s have been approved, they have to wait in line according to priority date. If your priority date is earlier than theirs, even though you file next year (hopefully), your case will still go before theirs.
Let me clarify something once and for all.
After the labor gets cleared ,you have to apply for I140/485.But you cannot file 485 till the visa dates become available.
Now if by chance the visa dates become available but you were unlucky enough to be in PBEC and your labor does not get cleared , you cannot apply for I140/485 and guess what who can?
People from DBEC who may have PDs 1 year later than yours but whose labor certification process is already done.Get it? That is why I am cheesed off and say that it is not fair.

afx05 said:
Check out www.immigration-law.com, 10/13/2005: IMPORTANT NEWS section.

Thanks.

nice find, here is whole message, I added contact links to senators.

(to find the contacts, I went to
AILA take action page below-> elected officials -> search by last name
Just email them from web form, also please mention about PBEC, thats our main priority. )

AILA judiciary committee link

AILA has reported that the Senate Judiciary Committe is markedup a very important legislative bill on October 20, 2005, coming Thursday, to discuss the Budget Reconciliation and Immigration proposal that can give some relief to the current H-1B blackout and EB immigrant visa number retrogression. According to the AILA, the proposal includes the following:
Recapture of 300,000 unused H-1B numbers
Recpature of 90,000 unused EB immigrant visa numbers
Exempting spouses and minor children of EB principal aliens from the annual EB quota limit
Permit filing of I-485 even during the visa number retrogression.

AILA states that it is vitally important that the people in business community and scientific and research organizations reach out tothe following members of the Senate Judiciary Committee as urgently as possible:

Please call (202)224-3121 Congressional switchboard and obtain their email addresses or through their websites as quickly as possible: It is "extremely" important that everyone participates in this last minute campaign. For the talking points, please click here.

Last edited by a moderator:
GAWD....make these memebers wake up wide open

Guys...

A simple and big request to all the fellow suffers in Philly BEC ...please send in your letters to PBEC chief....

Either we all do it at the same time NOW to have an enough impact on BEC or NEVER..It is a do now or never situation...We cant be a bigger mess than this... God forbid,any other major issues happening in the country,as it is we had Katrina etc happening, no one will even care what DOL does....it will be time to pack to all of us stuck in this shit...

So..please we have only 52 members as of now registerd in the yahoo database and some of them havent sent in any letters...each single letter counts, we shud let them know that we are not a set of sheep just waiting and waitng in limbo...

Once again..let them be generic and dont give them ideas and confuse them more..they will not follow ideas like 'pls move our files to Dallas...' ..I can only imagine if they can even take out those files/folders, they might as well do the Dataentry job...

PhillyBEC save us all...

I am sending the following message...please feel free to copy/amend to send.

Dear Senator XXX,

I am writing to you to urge you to support the increase in immigrant visa numbers for the employment based (EB) category which will be brought in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee next week.

Due to the recent shortage of immigrant visa numbers, prospective legal immigrants like me will have to wait additional 3 - 7 years to get permenant resident status. I have already been waiting for a decision on my permanent labor certification (LC) petition for the last 3 1/2 years (courtesy Department of Labor). I expect a decision on my permanent LC petition in the next few months. The recent shortage of immigrant visa numbers means that even if my LC is approved, I will not be able to file for adjustment of status (AOS) due to non-availability of immigrant visa for my category. This will further increase the following problems for me:

1) I have been in a technical position for the last six years and will not be able to get promoted to a managerial position until my AOS petition is approved. That means I will have to refuse promotion and put my career on hold to get my green card.

2) My wife is unable to work as her visa does not allow her to work.

3) We will not able to travel because we will not be able to get advance parole for travel purposes. It takes at least 4 months to revalidate visas from the US consulate in my home country and the Department of State has stopped revalidating visas in the US.

Please ease the pains of prospective legal immigrants and encourage the legal route so that the illegal route could become less attractive.

Thank you,

XXX

Labor got certified. Received notification from my lawer 10/11. The strange thing is that it says that it was certified 8/29 and I checked status first time 9/1 and the status was Final Review. I checked status second time 9/20 and again final review. I wonder where was it for whole month.
Good luck, all!
-----------------------------------
State : VA
Processing Type : RIR
Priority Date : 04/18/2002
Case Received Date : 09/24/2004
Case Source : State
ETA Case Number : P-04268-0XXXX
Processing Center : Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Case Status : Final Review
45-Day Letter : Jan-2003

rirlaborCT said:
This message is for Sunnybab,

Are you sure your PD is mar'2004??
In which state did you file your Labor??
Did your case go to Regional???

Thanks in advance.

Yes , its Mar 2004.I filed LC in PA.I dont know if it made it to regional.

MY DETAILS

EB3 RIR
PD-07/04/04
RD-08/25/04(atlanta)
45 day letter-Recd on 4/7/05
45 day letter -Replied on 5/7/05

StressTestInUSA said:
Guys...

A simple and big request to all the fellow suffers in Philly BEC ...please send in your letters to PBEC chief....

Either we all do it at the same time NOW to have an enough impact on BEC or NEVER..It is a do now or never situation...We cant be a bigger mess than this... God forbid,any other major issues happening in the country,as it is we had Katrina etc happening, no one will even care what DOL does....it will be time to pack to all of us stuck in this shit...

So..please we have only 52 members as of now registerd in the yahoo database and some of them havent sent in any letters...each single letter counts, we shud let them know that we are not a set of sheep just waiting and waitng in limbo...

Once again..let them be generic and dont give them ideas and confuse them more..they will not follow ideas like 'pls move our files to Dallas...' ..I can only imagine if they can even take out those files/folders, they might as well do the Dataentry job...

PhillyBEC save us all...

well said, people optimism is good, but with destiny not goind in our favour, we should take action in our hand. I too believe like many here that our labors will be cleared withing next 6-12 months. BUT, yes big but, as stresstestusa said, anything can happen meanwhile. And remember labor application is not yours, its owned by your employer, you are just beneficiary.

You can always fight for 485 denial, visa number unavailability, but you can't go to court for labor certification. So people, PBEC awareness needs group effort. Its not in interest of employers or lawyers to fight for us about BEC delay whereas visa number retrogression is affecting directly/indirectly wide range of group (employer, F1s, lawyers, H1s, prospective immigrants) and not just 300,000 of us stuck at BECs. SO don't divert yourself to fight agains visa retrogression, there are hundreds and thousands of people raising their voice about it. Instead spend your energy highlighting BEC delay.

We tried many times in past, we failed. This is our last chance, please pass on yahoo group to all the victims and encourage them to send snail mail to PBEC head and other responsible officials. (links and sample letters available in yahoo group). COmmon guys, we need marketing effort not from couple of guys, we need 50-100 people spreading word around. This time, sure it will make difference.

I request again, please refrain from stupid questions like "how can I convert to PERM" or "is it safe to convert to PERM" or "my wife slapped me, now what". I bet you, nobody in the forum can answer you for sure, so shut the fck up if you only can contribute with such questions, go bug your employer or lawyer.

Just sent email to all members of the commitee

Folks,

I just sent the email to all members of Senate Judiciary Committee, which may decide our fate in the coming weeks - as posted earlier in the thread.

Here is the link to all members. You can click on the members to go to their web site:

http://judiciary.senate.gov/members.cfm

I just used the email draft from the dorum and added a little.
--------------------------------------------------
Dear Senator XXX,

I am writing to you to urge you to support the increase in immigrant visa numbers for the employment based (EB) category which will be brought in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee next week.

Due to the recent shortage of immigrant visa numbers, prospective legal immigrants like me will have to wait additional 3 - 7 years to get permanent resident status. I have already been waiting for a decision on my permanent labor certification (LC) petition for the last 3 1/2 years (courtesy Department of Labor). I expect a decision on my permanent LC petition in the next few months. The recent shortage of immigrant visa numbers means that even if my LC is approved, I will not be able to file for adjustment of status (AOS) due to non-availability of immigrant visa for my category. This will further increase the following problems for me:

1) I have been in a technical position for the last six years and will not be able to get promoted to a managerial position until my current petition is approved. That means I will have to refuse promotion and put my career on hold to get my green card.

2) If I happen to loose my job, I will have to start over again, and that means years and years unless the problem is fixed.

3) My wife is unable to work as her visa does not allow her to work. She is a doctor by profession.

4) I am holding off on buying real estate and some other investments due to uncertainty associated with this visa retrogression.

5) We will not able to travel because we will not be able to get advance parole for travel purposes. It takes at least 4 months or more to revalidate visas from the US consulate in my home country and the Department of State has stopped revalidating visas in the US. I don’t think my company will let me take 4 months off.

Please ease the pains of prospective legal immigrants and encourage the legal route so that the illegal route could become less attractive.

Thank you.

XXX

msabir said:
Folks,

I just sent the email to all members of Senate Judiciary Committee, which may decide our fate in the coming weeks - as posted earlier in the thread.

Here is the link to all members. You can click on the members to go to their web site:

http://judiciary.senate.gov/members.cfm

I just used the email draft from the dorum and added a little.
Dear Senator XXX,

Due to the recent shortage of immigrant visa numbers, prospective legal immigrants like me will have to wait additional 3 - 7 years to get permanent resident status. I have already been waiting for a decision on my permanent labor certification (LC) petition for the last 3 1/2 years (courtesy Department of Labor). I expect a decision on my permanent LC petition in the next few months. The recent shortage of immigrant visa numbers means that even if my LC is approved, I will not be able to file for adjustment of status (AOS) due to non-availability of immigrant visa for my category. This will further increase the following problems for me:

1) I have been in a technical position for the last six years and will not be able to get promoted to a managerial position until my current petition is approved. That means I will have to refuse promotion and put my career on hold to get my green card.

2) If I happen to loose my job, I will have to start over again, and that means years and years unless the problem is fixed.

3) My wife is unable to work as her visa does not allow her to work. She is a doctor by profession.

4) I am holding off on buying real estate and some other investments due to uncertainty associated with this visa retrogression.

5) We will not able to travel because we will not be able to get advance parole for travel purposes. It takes at least 4 months or more to revalidate visas from the US consulate in my home country and the Department of State has stopped revalidating visas in the US. I don’t think my company will let me take 4 months off.

Thank you.

XXX

thats great, can someone compile list of email address and mailing address of all the members of Judicial committee. Either you can get it by going through list in http://judiciary.senate.gov/members.cfm or
Judiciary committee (Immigration subcommittee)

Sending mail

I am also sending the following mail to the committee members. Feel free to use it with some changes if you want.

-------------------------------------

Dear Senator xxx,

I am an international employee working for XXXXXXX as a XXXXXX since last X years. I have a Masters degree in Engineering from one of the top 20 universities in US and I graduated top of my class. XXXXX has a strict policy of hiring international workers ONLY IF it is unable to find suitable US workers. Since I have joined this company, I have always seen multiple positions similar to mine lying vacant. It is no brainer that Green card delays and restrictive H1B quotas are proving detrimental to this outstanding company.

I have heard that there is a proposal coming up that includes the following:
- Recapture of 90,000 unused EB immigrant visa numbers
- Exempting spouses and minor children of EB principal aliens from the annual EB quota limit
- Permit filing of I-485 even during the visa number retrogression

I sincerely request you to support this proposal. My petition for permanent immigration was filed in February 2005 by XXXXXX. Since then, I haven't received any status information for it. There is no estimate on how long I will have to wait. On the top of that, there is visa retrogession now which makes the whole situation more fuzzy.

Please note that between the time when petition is filed and it is approved, the law doesn't allow the petitioners to change job descriptions. In other words, I will have to pass any promotions offered at my job. As the approval time can be more than 7 years in the present scenario, it would mean freezing my career for this much time.

I would be grateful to you if you support this proposal. There are lot of bright brains in this legal immigration quagmire that may help in further strengthening the US economy and producing more jobs. Please feel free to talk to me if you need more information.

Thanks,
XXXXX
XXXXXXX,
XXXXXXXX,
Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX

Just my opinion, but in this thread at least, we should restrict to Philly and Dallas BEC, and not confuse retrogression with the miserable situation at Philly.
I'm among the ones here whos labor was cratered by the backlog elimination chaos.. talk about bad timing: My labor application went to Philly regional in mid 2003, the same time it went into complete shut-down. Till then it it was quite OK, processing applications within 8 months or so.
There was an effort around a year ago, and we had all sent out letters.. nothing came of it of course, but I suspect it was more due to the fact that as usual, the majority of the loggers on this forum were focussed on precisely the wrong thing: 485 processing, when they should be focussed on one thing at a time.
Face it, retrogression, priority date, 140, EAD etc matters not one whit if you do not have a labor cert in hand. Focus on this and take rants about 485, however justified, to other threads.

Pineapple said:
Just my opinion, but in this thread at least, we should restrict to Philly and Dallas BEC, and not confuse retrogression with the miserable situation at Philly.
I'm among the ones here whos labor was cratered by the backlog elimination chaos.. talk about bad timing: My labor application went to Philly regional in mid 2003, the same time it went into complete shut-down. Till then it it was quite OK, processing applications within 8 months or so.
There was an effort around a year ago, and we had all sent out letters.. nothing came of it of course, but I suspect it was more due to the fact that as usual, the majority of the loggers on this forum were focussed on precisely the wrong thing: 485 processing, when they should be focussed on one thing at a time.
Face it, retrogression, priority date, 140, EAD etc matters not one whit if you do not have a labor cert in hand. Focus on this and take rants about 485, however justified, to other threads.
I understand your view and agree that we should concentrate on PBEC mess. But, this is an immigration bill that's coming up next week. If it gets passed then it may help us in the future. So, we shouldn't completely ignore it. If we sent 10-15 mails to these senators, what's the harm. After sending these mails, we can again come back to PBEC efforts....

pmat said:
I understand your view and agree that we should concentrate on PBEC mess. But, this is an immigration bill that's coming up next week. If it gets passed then it may help us in the future. So, we shouldn't completely ignore it. If we sent 10-15 mails to these senators, what's the harm. After sending these mails, we can again come back to PBEC efforts....

Thats not true, there are hundred thousands of people fighting for visa numbers. Noone even knows about BEC. So you have a choice what to fight for. Can't u see the trend, no law website mentions about BEC problem, but visa retrogression is mentioned in each and every newsletter from ILW, Murthy, Rajiv, Cyrus Mehta, Immigration-law...

You are more worried about "dinner" without having any arrangement for "lunch".

And also, if you are so much concern about visa numbers, go open ur own forums, don't mess up this thread. This thread is exclusively for discussing BECs.

Unsuspecting souls should realize that this is public forums, its possible that people pushing visa retrogression effort hard might be attorney or some paralegal from big law firm. Lookat joining date of most of the people pushing for visa numbers.